Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us...uts.html?_r=5&

Cut 73M from funding to birth control, screenings, and family planning services for women b/c something something abortions... Spend 4x as much to deal w/ surge in unplanned pregnancies...

Thanks Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Really? Planned Parenthood is involved and no Republicans have an opinion?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM

602 posts, read 574,315 times
73MM isnt much. That's basically the same as the Obamas' vacation fund.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
In other words: "If you don't let me slap you in the face with my right hand, I'll slap you in the face four times with my left."

Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? Planned Parenthood is involved and no Republicans have an opinion?
Your post was just yet another "let's all bash conservatives" thing. You made no argument.

Conservatives never said there wouldn't be unplanned pregnancies in the first place so we're not "nearsighted" for not seeing it.

You're just using tiresome old liberal tactics. Oppose an Obama policy, liberal says you hate Obama. Oppose Obamacare as unconstitutional, liberal says you want sick children to get no medical care. Oppose free birth control, liberal says you hate women. It goes on and on. You're just here doing it again.

Always with the strawman arguments. Many liberals live and breathe by saying Republicans want X, and then bashing X. When Republicans themselves never claimed to want X in the first place.

Now not only do you present a strawman argument, but you say "no Republicans have an opinion?" as if it somehow becomes my responsibility to defend your strawman words that you put into my mouth?

I oppose abortion, not birth control. Planned Parenthood receives more than enough funding to provide birth control. It's not my fault that Planned Parenthood doesn't allocate their funds properly. It's not my job to fund their activities that I don't support in order to let them conduct activities that I do support. They have enough money to do the things that I support them doing. If they choose to allocate that money to doing something else, that's on them not me.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Your post was just yet another "let's all bash conservatives" thing. You made no argument.

Conservatives never said there wouldn't be unplanned pregnancies in the first place so we're not "nearsighted" for not seeing it.

You're just using tiresome old liberal tactics. Oppose an Obama policy, liberal says you hate Obama. Oppose Obamacare as unconstitutional, liberal says you want sick children to get no medical care. Oppose free birth control, liberal says you hate women. It goes on and on. You're just here doing it again.

Always with the strawman arguments. Many liberals live and breathe by saying Republicans want X, and then bashing X. When Republicans themselves never claimed to want X in the first place.

Now not only do you present a strawman argument, but you say "no Republicans have an opinion?" as if it somehow becomes my responsibility to defend your strawman words that you put into my mouth?
Meh...

Quote:
I oppose abortion, not birth control. Planned Parenthood receives more than enough funding to provide birth control. It's not my fault that Planned Parenthood doesn't allocate their funds properly. It's not my job to fund their activities that I don't support in order to let them conduct activities that I do support. They have enough money to do the things that I support them doing. If they choose to allocate that money to doing something else, that's on them not me.
Well obviously PP does not have the $ to do what you support them doing since there was a surge in the birthrates, just like everyone w/ common sense said there would be. And b/c they closed ~50 facilities around TX. And b/c abortions are a fraction of PP's expenditures so cutting their funding by 2/3 is invariably going to hit them where they are doing the things you support them doing.

The PP controversy was a political hatchet job by Conservatives. There was no merit to their logic, and its evidenced by the results of their actions, and the fix their trying to implement: ADDING 100M to the budget that shouldn't have been cut in the first place.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
This is pretty gooffy.

complaining about republican cuts to fund abortion at a time when the President successfully expanded funding to Planned Parenthood by hundreds of millions of dollars?

not buying what you are selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies