Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I guess you missed the current thread railing against the evil corporations for holding cash and not hiring more?

How many of these new jobs were created by evil corporations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 11:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Good economic news. I'm sure this will be bad news to some.

Household Worth in U.S. Rises by $1.17 Trillion on Housing - Bloomberg
certainly is some good news

not sure why you think obama needs thanks though, since the potus has zero to do with household worth

Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Very few in US opposes capitalism. I do not know a single person who claims he/she outright opposes capitalism.
I know lots of people who think that underneath the term there is nothing but a firmly established premise. If capitalism is the rule and governance of those who create industry, then I can think of no capitalist countries.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I know lots of people who think that underneath the term there is nothing but a firmly established premise. If capitalism is the rule and governance of those who create industry, then I can think of no capitalist countries.
I wasn't saying US is 100% capitalist, but it is the most capitalist country on this planet. My point was to say that practically no one in US opposes all aspects capitalism.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How many of these new jobs were created by evil corporations?
Facts are utterly moot to this partisan bash-fest.

I'm merely making fun of the threads and the constant partisan blather about how the president is responsible for X when it's bad....but he is when it's good and vice versa.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
certainly is some good news

not sure why you think obama needs thanks though, since the potus has zero to do with household worth
But according to post #16, it is Obama's fault that housing crashed in the first place, despite the fact that it happened before he even became president. So which is it?

Oh right, nevermind. Obama is singlehandedly responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened, and should be given no credit for any improvement anywhere ever, even if the bad things didn't happen on his watch and the improvements did.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Good.

Next time I hear some whiney ass Democrat talking about how corporations are destroying the middle class I can tell them they are full of ****.
Millions of American children don't get enough food to eat. And Americas present children will not live as long as their parents because of food issues. And 20,000 American women die each year because they don't have health insurance. But you don't care about those things do you?

You spend your life defending large corporations.

Does a real man protect women and children?
Or does a real man protect large corporations?

And the stupid thing is that Americas large corporations, have moved all of their high paying manufacturing jobs to China.

Today you can't find a tv, phone, radio, dvd player, or computer that was made in America. American corporations still sell these things, but they moved their American factories to China to get cheaper labor.

The assembly of tv's and computers are high paying jobs, and the corporations that you support, moved all those American jobs to China for cheaper labor.

But you ignore the welfare of Americas women and children, and you live your life to defend these large corporations.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Republicans will not even talk about feeding Americas hungry children. They will not talk about saving the 45,000 Americans that die each year from no insurance. And they desire to cut government spending for the middle class.

The only thing republicans want are tax cuts, like the tax cuts in the following link.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ion/?mobile=nc

The above link shows Mitt Romney's $6.6 trillion dollar tax cut, for Americas rich and large corporations.

The following link from Harvard, shows how 45,000 Americans die each year from not having health insurance.
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/stor...alth-coverage/

Last edited by chad3; 03-08-2013 at 12:45 PM..

Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
So do we like our housing medium rare or medium well? just asking....

Household Worth in U.S. Rises by $1.17 Trillion on Housing - Bloomberg
Underpinning those gains, the housing market is making its way toward recovery. CoreLogic Inc. said last month that the national median single-family home price climbed 10 percent in the fourth quarter from a year earlier, the biggest gain since 2005. Single-family home prices rose in almost 88 percent of U.S. cities in that period as the recovery broadened.

Are Asia's Property Markets Too Hot to Handle? - Yahoo! Finance
Asia's hottest real estate markets - China, Hong Kong and Singapore - have recently seen a slew of cooling measures by their governments to suppress demand and curb soaring prices.

Last week, China imposed its toughest measures in the past year to curb speculative demand, with plans to strictly enforce an existing 20 percent capital gains tax, boost the down payment required and raise mortgage rates on second homes.
Why is China killing the covery?

Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM

1,118 posts, read 2,287,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I wasn't saying US is 100% capitalist, but it is the most capitalist country on this planet. My point was to say that practically no one in US opposes all aspects capitalism.
The US isn't even close to the most capitalist country in the world; in fact it's become very entitlement driven but thinks of itself as the most capitalist. Try Singapore, Hong Kong or Switzerland or a bunch of other places to see what actual capitalism looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies