Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:40 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
iven the potential field of Republican candidates, I think a poodle could beat them
The poodle is probably better looking than Mrs. Clinton. And would probably make a better president. If I could, I would vote for a poodle before Mrs. Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:45 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The whole point is to hold the floor!! He wanted a clear, precise answer and held the floor until he got it.

Thank you for not knowing what a filibuster is, yet coming to comment and showing your ignorance.
What you liberals do best.

Rand Paul 2016
Well NO THANKS NEEDED, you can take yours and sit on them.

I'm quite aware of what a filibuster is.

The OP was apparently impressed with someone talking jibberish for 13 hours. Judging by your recent nominees jibberish must impress you conservatives quite a bit.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:46 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
iven the potential field of Republican candidates, I think a poodle could beat them
Yeh well, you liberals have shown you don't have half a brain to think with and see whats happening. That you don't give a damn about the constitution and the rights of fellow citizens that have a different opinion of yours.
You're happy to leave a mountain of debt and worthless currency to future generations.

Just so long as you don't have to deal with it right!? As long as you get yours, **** everybody else including your kids..

Rand Paul 2016

Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I only add substance to a poster who posted something with substance. Since you didn't, I didn't bother except for calling you out on your blatant short-sightedness
I posted something relevant to the thread that you failed to address. Do Police often deny citizens due process or not?
Did you or would you have posed the same question related to using drones on American citizens within US borders to then President Bush?

Old 03-09-2013, 01:49 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well NO THANKS NEEDED, you can take yours and sit on them.

I'm quite aware of what a filibuster is.

The OP was apparently impressed with someone talking jibberish for 13 hours. Judging by your recent nominees jibberish must impress you conservatives quite a bit.
Clearly you don't....

It was impressive. Many democrats thought so too. Millions of people in fact thought so.

How long was Robert Byrds filibuster? Oh wait, he was a democrat. Nevermind.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 03-09-2013, 01:49 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And what was Peggy Noonan, his proof reader... puleeze!
I don't know know what the percentage is over his career but it's high, certainly much higher than any other modern President. For example:

Quote:
Who Wrote Ronald Reagan's Radio Addresses ?

In his campaign for the U.S. presidency from 1975 to 1979, Ronald Reagan delivered over 1000 radio broadcasts. For over 600 of these we have direct evidence of Reagan's authorship of the text of the speeches, in the form of yellow pads, with material written ``in his own hand''. The aim of this study was to determine the authorship of 314 of the broadcasts for which no direct evidence is available.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:52 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The poodle is probably better looking than Mrs. Clinton. And would probably make a better president. If I could, I would vote for a poodle before Mrs. Clinton.
This tells me all I need to know about you. Mrs Clinton enjoys probably the highest approval rating of any political figure out there.
Rand Paul OTOH

Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
Yeh well, you liberals have shown you don't have half a brain to think with and see whats happening. That you don't give a damn about the constitution and the rights of fellow citizens that have a different opinion of yours.
You're happy to leave a mountain of debt and worthless currency to future generations.

Just so long as you don't have to deal with it right!? As long as you get yours, **** everybody else including your kids..

Rand Paul 2016
And this is why you will not win in 2016. Because you assume that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a Liberal. But we are not. People who are in the center of Americans politics and registered Independents like me find your extreme conservatism to be a complete turn-off. And until the Republican party stops trying to ram their social conservatism and religious beliefs down our throats they are going to continue losing.

And that might be a lesson that your buddy Rand Paul could take on board.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:55 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Clearly you don't....

It was impressive. Many democrats thought so too. Millions of people in fact thought so.

How long was Robert Byrds filibuster? Oh wait, he was a democrat. Nevermind.

Rand Paul 2016
Clearly you value your O-P-I-N-I-O-N much more than I do because O-P-I-N-I-O-N is all you've offered.

A man could read the Manhattan phone book for 13 hours and accomplish the same thing.

WHY?

Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Clinton leads Republicans in poll on 2016 presidential election - UPI.com

A national poll by Quinnipiac University indicated Hillary Clinton would beat three potential Republican candidates in the 2016 presidential election.
A little over a year into Obama's first term he was tied with "anybody".

New poll finds Obama tied with Anybody in 2012 vote - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies