Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
“If you continue to kiss, you will be asked to leave the mall. Period.” the voice on the recording says. “I counted you guys kissing 25 times. I told you before, we contact any couple...about this."

You forgot to mention that they were obviously creating a scene.
I don't think it was obvious they were "creating a scene."

The Mall released this statement about the incident: “Persons that violate the Code of Conduct are asked to leave the property” - but the local news got a hold of the mall's Code of Conduct and it contains no policy whatsoever about public displays of affection. We also have the Mall Cop saying that they contact any couple over public kissing - but the local news went to the mall and discovered that to be a lie in that straight couples are allowed to kiss with immunity.

So why should I believe this "I counted you guys kissing 25 times"? The mall and its Mall Cop don't seem trustworthy to me at all. And why was the Mall Cop following them around and tallying what they were doing?

There's also the "I told you before" part of the quote. Perhaps they were a bit upset about being told they couldn't hold hands and share a kiss despite all the straight couples were being allowed to do so unmolested, and they did kiss "25 times" in response to being harassed and targeted by the Mall Cop.

It seems to me this Mall Cop is selectively enforcing a non-existent policy on gay couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You forgot to mention that they were obviously creating a scene.
Of course, and they continued the scene by taking it to the media, just like so many other homosexuals who want their 5 minutes of fame.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-10-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-10-2013, 11:50 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Why do homsexuals have to shove their lifestyle in everybody's face snf down our throat?

I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own home - leave it out of public.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why would it be considered "offensive"? Not every parent out there is uptight and prejudiced against same sex couples.
Children should not be exposed to such behavior.

I suppose that you think that it is alright to show a child an NC-17 or X rated film?

Gays should leave there exhibitions to the privacy of four close walls.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
I love how people try to turn this story around to make it look like the mall employees are anti gay prejudice....

Old 03-10-2013, 12:03 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Do you say the same thing when a heterosexual couple kiss in the mall?
I rarely ever see that.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I think the mall owner was within his rights. However, how many of the right-wingers in this thread would be comfortable with the mall owner being allowed to throw out people praying publicly in his mall? Or what about throwing out anyone with pro-NRA t-shirts?
In reference to your last two sentences, what part of your first sentence do you not understand?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do homsexuals have to shove their lifestyle in everybody's face snf down our throat?

I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own home - leave it out of public.
Naturally, you ask, "Why do heterosexuals have to shove their 'lifestyle' in everybody's faces" when they're necking in public and holding hands, yes, oh bright Harrier? Between hetero and homosexuals, guess who I see doing it more often?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
In reference to your last two sentences, what part of your first sentence do you not understand?
So, you would be fine with me, as a mall owner, throwing your butt out for praying on my premises? Good, we're making progress on that intellectual integrity aspect.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Naturally, you ask, "Why do heterosexuals have to shove their 'lifestyle' in everybody's faces" when they're necking in public and holding hands, yes, oh bright Harrier? Between hetero and homosexuals, guess who I see doing it more often?
I don't want to see any of that behavior take place in public and especially not around children.

But you are a liberal, so of course you use the tactic of division to set two groups against each other.

Sorry, but it doesn't work with me - I am brighter than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies