Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He openly admits in that video that he always intended to buy the gun and turn it over to the police, so which is it? If he always intended to buy it to turn over that was an illegal straw purchase, if he lied and only decided to turn it over once he got caught buying it he's only a liar. I suspect it's the second.
He's so full of it. Theres only one form and one process for a background check, regardless of what weapon. He damn well knows that.

Notice how he changes the subject shortly after he says he'll be keeping the .45?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
O.K., lets use some common sense, as some leftist pointed out.

Fact, this guy has a TS clearance, does anyone know what a basic clearance (secret) has to go through to get just a secret clearance?

Well, let me tell you, it's 34 pages of hell, you have to provide (these are just a few things) your name and all nicknames, (charles ='s chuck) you go back as many years as you can, min 10 years.

You have to provide where you lived, with address, phone, min 10 years.

You have to provide friends w/address and phone number that knew, min 10 years.

You have to give them access to your credit, if you have ever been late on payments, bankruptsy, over use credit cards, this can get you denied.

You have to provide your mothers maiden name, where she wsa born and in my case her passport number (mother was born in Germany).

Your ENITE work history, and why you left each company.

If you ever had ANY contact or your last company had any dealings with ANYONE from another nation/country, you must provide all that info with descriptive information.

If you have a prior marriage, you must provide all his/her information.

Provide information whether you have been to a forgien country for vacation or work.

You must also provide a true certified copy of your birth certificate.

So, using common sense, again, for you lefties......

What did this guy prove when he bought a weapon the legal way?

BTW, when you go for a TS you go through much more pain and interviews whether you have any discreptencies on anything your reported.

So, where is the common sense lefties....

Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
He has every right as an American citizen to purchase one.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
The poor boy was nervous and lying his teeth off in that video. But he's counting on his lemmings to believe him. Don't let him down, 5050.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Most of the anti-gun activists are complete elitist hypocrites. Guns for them (or for their team of bodyguards), none for us commoners.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Astronauts used to be honorable and looked upon as hero's.

He hurt his legacy.

Even though he has the right to purchase one, he should have refrained.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM

57,293 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., lets use some common sense, as some leftist pointed out.

Fact, this guy has a TS clearance, does anyone know what a basic clearance (secret) has to go through to get just a secret clearance?

Well, let me tell you, it's 34 pages of hell, you have to provide (these are just a few things) your name and all nicknames, (charles ='s chuck) you go back as many years as you can, min 10 years.

You have to provide where you lived, with address, phone, min 10 years.

You have to provide friends w/address and phone number that knew, min 10 years.

You have to give them access to your credit, if you have ever been late on payments, bankruptsy, over use credit cards, this can get you denied.

You have to provide your mothers maiden name, where she wsa born and in my case her passport number (mother was born in Germany).

Your ENITE work history, and why you left each company.

If you ever had ANY contact or your last company had any dealings with ANYONE from another nation/country, you must provide all that info with descriptive information.

If you have a prior marriage, you must provide all his/her information.

Provide information whether you have been to a forgien country for vacation or work.

You must also provide a true certified copy of your birth certificate.

So, using common sense, again, for you lefties......

What did this guy prove when he bought a weapon the legal way?

BTW, when you go for a TS you go through much more pain and interviews whether you have any discreptencies on anything your reported.

So, where is the common sense lefties....
Speaking of common sense he left the Navy and NASA in 2011 and lost his secret clearance. Even if he had one the check is still required, just like anyone else.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Default Emote first - gather facts later???

Seems to me, if Kelly had a point to make, he would have pulled his stunt before all the testimonials he has been giving in recent weeks and months.

His story ain't playing in Peoria. They are wondering how he planned an impulse purchase???

Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He has every right as an American citizen to purchase one.
He ALSO backs the ban on such weapons. Hypocrite comes to mind.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM

361 posts, read 385,803 times
When I saw how he stood by his wife and organized AFRS I considered him a man amongst men.

Now I wish he'd be a man and admit to his hypocrisy and testify before congress what he really believes about gun control.

The funny thing is I defended the president and the democratic party vis-a-vis gun control for the last 5 years........now I feel silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies