Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
"The times we live in" can be used as an excuse no matter what times we live in. Life goes on regardless and a 50th BD celebration for the First Lady isn't even worth arguing about, even people who don't live in the WH are going to celebrate their 50th.

The idea that nobody should do anything until everyone can do everything is weird.
That's strange. I seem to recall Obama telling others what they should or should not do with their money and where they shouldnt go.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasnt for the fact that they and others who will be there are the first ones who to blast others for having too much and say they are soooo concerned with the less fortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Um, isn't it good when rich people spend their money and let it flow into the economy?
Yes ~ it's called trickle freakin down ~ don'tcha know?

Obama is actually being a job creator by throwing this party and these ingrates aren't even thanking him. Because of this party, waiters will earn tips that night. Adele will sing. Cooks will cook. Dishwashers will wash (unless Paul Ryan is there); planners will plan; taxis will run; hostesses will hostess . . .

What is the problem,whiners?

Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
MoS Diary: Adele lands her biggest ever gig at Michelle Obama's 50th birthday party | Mail Online

Nothing like the elite in DC thinking of the little people and our current/future economic crisis.....
A year out and Michelle's big expensive celeb packed bday bash is being planned. I'm sure that'll make every one feel better
Cool.
My niece and her husband just booked a cruise for their wedding anniversary.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Obama is actually being a job creator by throwing this party and these ingrates aren't even thanking him. Because of this party, waiters will earn tips that night. Adele will sing. Cooks will cook. Dishwashers will wash (unless Paul Ryan is there); planners will plan; taxis will run; hostesses will hostess . . .

This.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Let them eat cake.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

LOL, reaching much? Wahooo, people, Obama is creating jobs by partying while the rest of you worry about making this months bills.

Ringo every post you make ... why don't you get in line with Chris Matthews and both of you just do him.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Who is footing the bill for this?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Lol. You think the majority who support the president and voted for him are the "dummies," but those who are writing screeds about his unelected wife's birthday are the smart ones? Wow.
Yes. Well the majority of the majority who voted for the President are dummies. There are some smart folks who voted for Obama. I personally think most of the folks who voted for Obama didn't do so based on the issues. Oh well it's neither he or there he won, life goes on.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes. Well the majority of the majority who voted for the President are dummies. There are some smart folks who voted for Obama. I personally think most of the folks who voted for Obama didn't do so based on the issues. Oh well it's neither he or there he won, life goes on.
lol, it is funny that so many people think that the people who voted for Obama are a bunch of misinformed, low information, low expectation people. I hear it all the time. I expect that for the most part the reason people say this is because it has been proven to them many times.

Obamas Legacy:
Got into office because of low information, low expectations
The president of free stuff
The president who raised taxes on every working American
Spendaholic president

The president that promised changed but is giving us more of the same.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Just like I said earlier the swooners grab their ankles and say thank you sir may I have another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies