Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Exactly. We still have the same amout of time/daylight. Leave it alone already.

In the winter when we have shorter days, it dosent matter, I still get up and go to work in the dark and I go home in the dark.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I have a better idea.

In the spring we move forward 25 hours on a Thursday night at midnight, thus waking up on Saturday morning so we can all sleep late.

then in the fall, we move back 25 hours on Sunday night at midnight thus waking up on Sunday morning giving us a 3 day weekend.

we get the rest we need to live with the time change and we get the extra hour of sunlight!

yea us!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Daylight Savings Time affects us all in different ways....some it doesn't affect, but me, I've had a terrible time with it all my life.
Daylight Savings Time was invented many many years ago, to give the Farmers more daylight to harvest crops, and that is the reason....
I've heard many other reasons, but they are untrue...actually DST was orinally for the farmers.

Well, I've had it, every time we loose an Hour, it messes with my schedule, makes me tired, and takes me two weeks sometimes to adjust....
also messes with my dogs schedule to....

So, if you want to make a difference, please follow this link and go in and sign the petition to Washington to stop it.
I don't care what time they keep it at, just so they stop it.....

AGain, it affects us all differently, however, it affects a whole lot of people in a negative way and is not good for the body...sytem, etc....so if you hate DST, please go in an sign...
I want to keep daylight savings YEAR ROUND

daylight savings time is a big asset to everyone...

only a fool would want to get rid of it

Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Daylight Savings Time affects us all in different ways....some it doesn't affect, but me, I've had a terrible time with it all my life.
Daylight Savings Time was invented many many years ago, to give the Farmers more daylight to harvest crops, and that is the reason....
I've heard many other reasons, but they are untrue...actually DST was orinally for the farmers.

Well, I've had it, every time we loose an Hour, it messes with my schedule, makes me tired, and takes me two weeks sometimes to adjust....
also messes with my dogs schedule to....

So, if you want to make a difference, please follow this link and go in and sign the petition to Washington to stop it.
I don't care what time they keep it at, just so they stop it.....

AGain, it affects us all differently, however, it affects a whole lot of people in a negative way and is not good for the body...sytem, etc....so if you hate DST, please go in an sign...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-time/ShChxpKh
Done.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I like it nice and bright in the morning as an early bird. Abolish this.
Me too.

I hate having to turn lights on all over my house when I get up in the morning.

Last week was just about perfect. Light in the morning, light in the evening when I got home from work.
Yesterday,the kiddo left for the school bus in pitch dark again, in an area where we have coyotes and other wildlife roaming around before the sun comes up.
It is ridiculous that any child should have to go to school in the dark.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
to all of you, thank you for your comments....you all get reps

I'm for keeping it on DST...don't want to abolish it....
love the extra hours of daylight myself, but to change it back and forth is a stupid as the Repub/democratic Parties...they serve no purpose...LOL....
seriously....thank you

everyone's system or body is different, some people it doesn't bother, but me, sorry to be whinny, but I have MS to begin with and it seriously upsets my system...whataya want from an old lady. Seriously I've had problems with it for years....makes me dizzy, sick, tired....matter of fact a whole lot of people are complaining about it, and it's rather stupid to change the time, keep it on DST? One or the other, I don't care, however, I do like the extra light...

Many thanks to you all for your feedback.
There were some articles stating some studies showed that the Monday after the time change there were increases in heart attacks, suicides, traffic accidents (although DOT claims otherwise) and work accidents and cyberloafing.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
I like it.
I change my clocks shortly after dinner (or supper, depending on where you live) Saturday evening, then go to bed at my usual time. I require no period of "adjustment" at all, perhaps because I don't stress over it.
It just isn't any big deal to me.
As for moving, nothing stopping you DLST haters from moving to Arizona where they don't use it!

"But like any totalitarian, you think what you perceive as best for you should be imposed on everyone else."
Doesn't that sort of apply to BOTH sides of the issue?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There were some articles stating some studies showed that the Monday after the time change there were increases in heart attacks, suicides, traffic accidents (although DOT claims otherwise) and work accidents and cyberloafing.
We need to ban DST.

It can kill people.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Add to this, there are a few states that do not honor it: what a pain it is, when you are traveling, just trying to figure out if this state or that is on what time...
You have to do that anyway. Just look at the clock at the airport if your smart phone doesn't correct it automatically.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
The anticipation of changing to DST is akin to Christmas morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies