Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

Unlike you, I want more regulation to give people like me more opportunity, you being a white person wouldn't ever understand.
Well, I'm a woman and I'm of the Olive Persuasion, in more ways than one
and, I don't want my government to be my mama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think his refusal to confront domestic terrorists hurts his chances. He needs to be tough on crime and terrorism.
I don't think he will lose many votes by taking the position that the government can't just kill it's citizens, that it doesn't need to check the diapers of old women or feel up little kids to be safe.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,583,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Both Ron Paul and his son Rand Paul are an embarrassment when it comes to rights for gays and minorities - this is their reason for opposing the Civil Rights Act:

Paul said he would vote against the law because it imposed unfair rules on what private business owners can and can’t do on their own property. Essentially, they should be free to discriminate if they wish, Paul says, however distasteful that may be.

Paul:

I believe that property rights should be protected. Your right to be on TV is protected by property rights because somebody owns that station. I can’t walk into your station. So right of freedom of speech is protected by property. The right of your church is protected by property. So people should honor and protect it. This gimmick, Chris, it’s off the wall when you say I’m for property rights and states rights therefore I’m a racist. That’s just outlandish.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...-act-video.php

Essentially their view is that if a private property owner wants to discriminate, they should be able to do so. Couple this with the racism filled filth in the RON PAUL NEWSLETTERS and you have a father and son duo who are filled to the brim with a overflowing racist character..
Correct.

They see that as discrimination against the business owner. They support a free market. However, discrimination laws within the businesses would still stand. They oppose discrimination of ANY kind.

The customers will regulate the business. If they don't like the business's practices, they take their business else where. Either forcing the business to compete or face the consequences(probably go out of business).

Got nothing to do with being racist.

Last edited by Jean71; 03-17-2013 at 09:23 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,583,128 times
Quote:
no becuase I haven't lost anything, I work for a living, no record, no drug use and I can lose all that in a minute if a cop stops me and frames me for something I didn't do.

Unlike you, I want more regulation to give people like me more opportunity, you being a white person wouldn't ever understand.

I'm sorry, call me a whiner, race hustler but those guys who make a living bashing white America actually have a reason for that.

Good day.
That will NEVER happen again. Stop living in fear. The lamestream media love to push this agenda every chance they get but damn.

This type of thinking only restricts YOURSELF from what you can accomplish.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:

Let me get this straight. You want to restrict, or completely take away someone else's freedom, so you can prosper....

Raised as a victim, never taught the tools to be the master. I pity that thought of humility.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Nope your misdirection won't work. Read up on the history of the Dixiecrats and Southern Strategy.
Nope no misdirection just using something you don't understand, facts and truth.
Have someone explain it too you since judging by your posts you don't understand the fact that the big government you back, made the racist Jim Crow laws. Course you'd like to sweep that under the rug and deny that fact. Keep ignoring and denying.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
LOL, you have no leg to stand on, people have made themselves rich educating and directing movies on slavery, you gonna sit her and tell me "times have changed"? Times have changed becuase the government seen the effect of blacks creating their own businesses and the lost of dollars they'd be able to collect. Integrating was the next viable step, not love, America never cared for blacks, it was just a move to destroy what blacks were on the way to building and to make blacks who obviously couldn't compete educationally at the time against whites but to have them do so.

Nothing is done out of love and freedom, the constitution is set of laws and some were built around blacks, the very same blacks that those thought would overcome and kill us.

Let's cut the crap already please. We know how things were, blacks get a good amount of media coverage today and it's a reason for that but I won't show you becuase you'll never believe me.

Fact remains Dems are winning for a reason and you need to accept that.
Fact remains the very same people you say are being abused are suffering more in this economy under the dem leadership. You're lost.
But keep playing the race card so you can get sympathy, if that works for you.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
When you are raised to be the victim, there is not much hope, to get them out of that cycle. The only thing that they think will make them whole and fulfilled, is to remove liberty from others, to punish them for things that happened generations ago.

It is acceptable to be a black or brown racist in this nation. It is encouraged & expected actually.

God forbid if there is a white racist in this nation. It is taboo.

Racism will always exist. It is the laws of Mother & Human nature.

All species on this earth, want to be around those like them. They cull the weak and the different. Humans are no different. Humans are tribal. We know exactly what tribe we belong to and we know what tribes don't like us.

Look how the governments split us up into tribes(groups) then start a war between tribes.
Look at all the wars that have been started by the Progressives, within our nation.
In their grand scheme of social engineering, you have been placed into a tribe, to go battle the other tribe. There are no individuals.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
That will NEVER happen again. Stop living in fear. The lamestream media love to push this agenda every chance they get but damn.

This type of thinking only restricts YOURSELF from what you can accomplish.
Politics on social issues is based on fear, poor whites felt superior to poor blacks back in the days, government always controlled Americans off fear.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
Bent Bow - Have you been watching the "Vikings" on the History channel? That is the sort of non culture we have worked millennia to abolish.

My position on "property rights (material)" is they are only important is you own property (physical, intellectual, fiscal) and are not very useful for the vast majority of us that only rent or mortgage what we use. The Paul's speak for the owners and their message is irrelevant to the majority of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies