Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yeah, you're right, it's 52 years, my bad.

2013 minus 1961 equals 52.
I think we need to see your academic transcripts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Having a good understanding of stats would be a plus if you are a Pres.

I've said college and even high grades aren't everything. But when public officials
don't have to show transcripts, we set the standard for their performance very low.
Our leaders academic achievements or struggles stand as an inspiration to our youth.
They should want to share that. I think they must share it.

If Obama wasn't a foreign exchange student, he should have nothing to hide.
He seems to like to fuel this, I'm transparent, not so transparent Presidential role.

And you can bet, if Palin was running for President, the left would want to see her high school
transcript and SAT scores to make sure she didn't cheat just to get into college
Perry on the other hand has been very forthright about his lack of academia aptitude.
Obama graduated from Harvard Magna C*m Laude - his transcript, if revealed, would show a lot of As with a few Bs. Harvard only accepts superior students, so his transcript from Columbia would also show all As and Bs. I don't see why you are so insistent on a transcript when it is so obvious what they contain.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Having a good understanding of stats would be a plus if you are a Pres. or public
official.

I've said college and even high grades aren't everything. But when public officials
don't have to show transcripts, we set the standard for their performance very low.
Our leaders academic achievements or struggles stand as an inspiration to our youth.
They should want to share that. I think they must share it.

If Obama wasn't a foreign exchange student, he should have nothing to hide.
He seems to like to fuel this, I'm transparent, not so transparent Presidential role.

And you can bet, if Palin was running for President, the left would want to see her high school
transcript and SAT scores to make sure she didn't cheat just to get into college
Perry on the other hand has been very forthright about his lack of academia aptitude.
Yeah, let's get off on the example. If I had said "history", "English", "underwaterbasketweaving" whatever, you would have had the same reply.

Why the HELL would Obama have been a foreign exchange student? He freaking graduated from high school in HAWAII! That is the US!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Obama graduated from Harvard Magna C*m Laude
Harvard only accepts superior students...
I don't see why you are so insistent on a transcript when it is so obvious what they contain.
Geez, you sound like someone who never raised their hand in class

I would like to see and look at the grades and classes taken, myself

I'm not going to get into the Harvard accepts "only superior students" ....
I'll just say, Harvard accepts money, and leave it at that

Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
It's interesting that a number of news articles published both in the U.S. and abroad named Queen’s Medical Center – not Kapi’olani – as the original correct birthplace.
No. It's not. This is why I flunk any of my students who use Wikipedia as a source in a graded paper.

Again... nobody who is actually in a position to know has ever claimed any hospital other than Kap'iolani as the place of his birth.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
What screen name do you post under at the fogbow?
what does it matter? Address the issues with your post.

why the small screenshots so one cannot see for themselves? Oh because you have to hide behind them since if people actually investigate, they show that you're full of it (as usual)

1) Snopes is always updating articles. That is the nature of their site. They update when new information is provided. They are not a news site, or a magazine, where once the content is published, it's left up with information that are shown to be wrong. What matters is what the ARTICLES say now, after the many updates they do. Because previous information was shown to be wrong.

2) Why do you dishonestly post small screenshots of blog posts? You know content that are added by visitors and are not monitored by the website.

3a) And why try to hide the fact that the Screenshot you posted even says it's a draft? And why no author? I don't see anywhere that says it was written/posted by Reitwiesner.

3b) Why are you being dishonest in what Reitwiener posted (because you cribbed it from World Nut Daily)? anyone can go back to the archives of his site and see that he has attributed Kapiolani as Obama's birth hospital since at least June 2005 . Your screenshot looks NOTHING like his website, which has information listed in table format. so where did World Nut Daily get that screenshot?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Obama graduated from Harvard Magna C*m Laude - his transcript, if revealed, would show a lot of As with a few Bs. Harvard only accepts superior students, so his transcript from Columbia would also show all As and Bs.
Utter rubbish. Obama did not graduate with honors from Columbia. It should be noted that Harvard Law School changed its law review membership criteria several years before President Obama attended to allow some members to write/or be elected on to the law review rather than only getting on through grades as in the past. Also, if Obama had graduated with honors from Harvard, it would have been listed by the names here:

Obama joins list of seven presidents with Harvard degrees | Harvard Gazette

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Oh My. Another article from Nov 4 2008, this time from the 'United Press International' (UPI), who pridefully claims over a 100 years of journalistic excellence, claimed Obama was born at Queens Medical Center.
Oh my, another newspaper, who has no first hand knowledge, who probably cribbed the information from other faulty websites.

Why are you ignoring that other sources prior to 2008 that listed Obama's birth place as Kapiolani? Including your precious Mr. Reitwiesner ?

why are you taking the words of people who never confirmed over those of people in place that WOULD know? Like the Hawaii Department of Health?

Quote:
“Obama described his birth at Queen’s Medical Center in Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961, to a young white woman from Kansas and a father of Luo ethnicity from Nyanza Province in Kenya, as an ‘all-America’ story transcending orthodox racial stereotypes and experience.”
Funny how this was never a direct quote from Obama, but a third hand account by someone else. Could it be that the person didn't remember correctly?

Quote:
It's interesting that a number of news articles published both in the U.S. and abroad named Queen’s Medical Center – not Kapi’olani – as the original correct birthplace.
It actually isn't all that surprising. Seeing as Queen's Medical center is the main hospital for all of Hawaii. More people are born and treated at Queen's, than any of the hospitals on the island. And Queens is located smack dab in the middle of Honolulu. and Queen's is mentioned more times in literature than any other hospital in Hawaii. It also helps that the UH Medical courses use Queen's for their students (their Medical school is in Kakaako, less than 2 miles from Queen's, and on the bus route to Queen's).

http://www.ahd.com/states/hospital_HI.html

that is also why Wikipedia and the Rainbow Edition was wrong. It's easy to attribute a birth to the most busiest hospital in Hawaii, without confirmation.

funny how you put more weight on claims made by people who wouldn't have first hand knowledge of where Obama was born (they rely on unconfirmed reports made by others, or they simply guessed), rather than the ones that do: Barack Obama and the Hawaii Department of Health.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yeah, let's get off on the example. If I had said "history", "English", "underwaterbasketweaving" whatever, you would have had the same reply.

Why the HELL would Obama have been a foreign exchange student? He freaking graduated from high school in HAWAII! That is the US!
Exactly, I don't care if a President elect took basket weaving.
How did he do is my concern.

I have no idea why he would be a foreign exchange student.
I don't even care where he graduated from or where he was born.
I simply believe public officials should release academic, as well as
medical and tax information.

I guess it's not the law either to have to release tax returns, but
it has become a tradition since Romney's father did it.

I say, let's start another new tradition. Quit playing political
games of hide and seek with the American people.

You think folks don't care about transcripts. I think otherwise

I expect everyone to ask their candidates for copies of them
in the 2016 election Like said, too late for this one

Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Also, if Obama had graduated with honors from Harvard, it would have been listed by the names here
what do you think magna *** laude means? (hint: Laude means honor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies