Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I meant read what I posted. Misspoke.

I said: If someone wants to argue that abortion should be legal, then that's fine. Go ahead and argue it. But argue what it is. It's terminating human life.

Your response: So is a miscarriage. So is bombing people abroad. So is the death penalty. So? What's it to you?

What exactly does your "miscarriage also being a death" comment have to do with my point that people who wish to argue the legality of abortion should actually argue its legality directly rather than using inanities like "it's a woman's right to choose"? It's not a woman's right to choose to commit credit card fraud, so "it's a woman's right to choose" is a worthless argument as a reason for abortion to be legal in the first place.

You should learn what context means before saying you didn't take something out of context, because that is precisely what you did - you took "it's terminating human life" and responded purely to that one sentence instead of to the overall point. That's what taking something out of context means.
I responded to what you said - terminating human life. I gave you examples of terminating human life. Again - what's it to you? The remainder of the rest of your post is nonsense, that's why I didn't respond to it. Take it or leave it. Has nothing to do about the meaning of context - you are trying to create something out of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
It's only called a "baby" in the beginning if you want it. If not, it's a lump of dna, incapable of developing or surviving birth on its own, and more akin to a parasite than human. What I am saying is emotionally unattached knowledge... no need for logic here.

I don't think abortion is worth celebrating, but it is worth protecting.

If your mother had this kind of attitude you wouldn't be here.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 AM

688 posts, read 652,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If your mother had this kind of attitude you wouldn't be here.
Not true, I was planned. I was a "baby."

Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 AM

Default I need to post this web site in here---

Rachel's Vineyard Ministries

All abortion discussion threads should include this site. Help for those women and families who have suffered through an abortion. Hugs and prayers.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
That is indeed the quintessential hypocrisy of many pro choice people. A person will have an abortion when she isn't ready to be a mother, then years later will get pregnant again and immediately consider it a baby growing inside her. The "it's not really a baby" is just rationalizing so they can avoid feeling guilty over the abortion. I have never seen a wanted pregnancy where what is growing inside the woman isn't considered a baby. Never heard anybody say to a pregnant woman "how's your clump of cells no different than a tumor doing today?"
When a woman is pregnant that is pro-choice, she acknowledges that its a human to a degree, but she'd rather terminate while its in its early stages. By her deciding to keep the child and allowing it to develop into a baby is her demonstrating her beliefs in choices. While she's pregnant, she can either say 'I'm pregnant' which signifies indecision in my opinion because that means she wants your input rather to abort or keep (which she really isn't asking for, but she just wants to know your emotions on the matter) or 'We're having a baby' which means her mind is made up and the embryo will be allowed to develop into a full-blown human being. I hope that's understandable. Although I'm a male that's pro-choice, I went through an unfortunate situation with one of my previous companion's in which she didn't allow me to have a input in the abortion (meaning she did it and didn't even tell me until after it was done) and that hurt me for a while but like I said, I remain pro-choice, I just wish the male had a bit more say so in the situation. But after talking to various females, its universally agreed upon to them that they're body is there's, and I have to agree but it would be nice just to have a voice in things at times.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Not true, I was planned. I was a "baby."
So if you weren't planned you wouldn't have been a baby. OKKKKAAAAYYYYY

Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Maybe you should read the thread I started to learn what is going on if nothing else. The part about Gosnell is really horrible.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-pledging.html

Maybe in your culture they don't even say baby until the baby arrives but in my culture they say baby as soon as they know a woman is pregnant. Both cultures should be honored. No problem with that.
No thanks on your fetish of ogling images of aborted fetuses. I see you are still unwilling to concede that you misspoke about me posting in your Kermit the Baby Killer thread. Not surprised though, really.

What exactly are you referring to when you describe your culture? Is that a regional thing you're referring to? Because here in California, we say, "I'm having a baby" - not, "I have a baby! Well, it's not coming out for another 9 months." Alternately, if someone is pregnant and not having a baby, they don't usually talk about that. I'll bet women you know have had abortions, people you sit next to in church. All the women I know who have revealed to me that they had an abortion were Catholics. It's not your place to judge them, is it? I know I don't judge them.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
When a woman is pregnant that is pro-choice, she acknowledges that its a human to a degree, but she'd rather terminate while its in its early stages. By her deciding to keep the child and allowing it to develop into a baby is her demonstrating her beliefs in choices. While she's pregnant, she can either say 'I'm pregnant' which signifies indecision in my opinion because that means she wants your input rather to abort or keep (which she really isn't asking for, but she just wants to know your emotions on the matter) or 'We're having a baby' which means her mind is made up and the embryo will be allowed to develop into a full-blown human being. I hope that's understandable. Although I'm a male that's pro-choice, I went through an unfortunate situation with one of my previous companion's in which she didn't allow me to have a input in the abortion (meaning she did it and didn't even tell me until after it was done) and that hurt me for a while but like I said, I remain pro-choice, I just wish the male had a bit more say so in the situation. But after talking to various females, its universally agreed upon to them that they're body is there's, and I have to agree but it would be nice just to have a voice in things at times.
You lost your fatherhood. Men do grieve about this. If you have had some of those kind of feelings just know it's normal. Here is a web site that may help you. I know some will tell you just to forget about it and shut up but men can't do that.

Welcome - Fatherhood Forever

Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 AM

688 posts, read 652,392 times
Quote:
So if you weren't planned you wouldn't have been a baby. OKKKKAAAAYYYYY
No. If my parents had decided that they weren't fit to raise me, and they decided within the first trimester that I shouldn't exist, then I wouldn't have been a "baby."

Old 03-22-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No thanks on your fetish of ogling images of aborted fetuses. I see you are still unwilling to concede that you misspoke about me posting in your Kermit the Baby Killer thread. Not surprised though, really.

What exactly are you referring to when you describe your culture? Is that a regional thing you're referring to? Because here in California, we say, "I'm having a baby" - not, "I have a baby! Well, it's not coming out for another 9 months." Alternately, if someone is pregnant and not having a baby, they don't usually talk about that. I'll bet women you know have had abortions, people you sit next to in church. All the women I know who have revealed to me that they had an abortion were Catholics. It's not your place to judge them, is it? I know I don't judge them.

I thought you posted, so many had. I didn't post any of the pictures so you can read through and won't have to see them unless you click into the links.

I bet some have had abortions to. That is why I posted the link to Rachel's' Vineyard. You mistake judgement for posting information and giving personal opinions of abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies