Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get outta here.

If the wealthy are so damn good at running the country, why are we mired in deficit and debt?

You peons running around worshiping the wealthy crack me up.
lol, but oh how you wish you were rich. yea, I will leave you to your own misery.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If they don't pay taxes then don't have skin in the game. Do you like it when politicians vote themselves a raise? In this case you think you voted yourself a raise.

So yes, that is what I said. No taxes -> no say!
Interesting.

The French enacted universal male suffrage in 1792.

Switzerland enacted it in, I believe, 1848.

Germany established it in 1871.

The British had almost near universal make suffrage by 1884, and added women in 1918.

You prefer going back to systems of monarchy and aristocracy before that? What a ... um ... quaint, if unAmerican, notion.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
It is people that only think about themselves who do not know how to run this country. Whether they are poor or rich, if they do not care what happens to their fellow man, then they have no business being in a position to say what happens to everyone else.

Not all that are poor and not all that are rich have this self centered mindset, but in either instance it is usually the middle class who is effected the most.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Inflation has a negative effect on ALL consumers. The poor especially because they have fewer financial resources to absorb the extra burden.
Rich folks don't . . cannot . . consume - because they are stuffed.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Demanding that people pay the way for others who refuse to work is against what America is suppose to be about.
This is where your argument fails.

It's simply not true. Either you are a greedy liar, or a misguided fool.

So ... you can repeat your silly "the poor refuse to work and are stealing from meeeee" lie as much as you like. Your apparent unending greed for the last dollar that the last American will ever have is what's unpatriotic, unAmerican and inhumane.

Bleat away. [shrug]

What a silly thread.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
It is people that only think about themselves who do not know how to run this country. Whether they are poor or rich, if they do not care what happens to their fellow man, then they have no business being in a position to say what happens to everyone else.

Not all that are poor and not all that are rich have this self centered mindset, but in either instance it is usually the middle class who is effected the most.
So you are saying that people on welfare are not thinking only of themselves?

Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
How do you know if I am rich or not rich? Oh because I don't fit into the Democratic blather that the rich are cold, non caring idiots? There is room for everyone and the more the better for everyone. The government or handouts will not make it happen for you though.
I guaran damn tee you...if I were rich, I would NOT be on C-D complaining about the poor. I would have my ass in Bali or some other damn place where ONLY the rich know about...with my toes in the sand and a drink in my mouth. For damn sure.

Tell me how rich you are again...

Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I guaran damn tee you...if I were rich, I would NOT be on C-D complaining about the poor. I would have my ass in Bali or some other damn place where ONLY the rich know about...with my toes in the sand and a drink in my mouth. For damn sure.

Tell me how rich you are again...
lol, yea, it's all peaches, drinking and sunning on the beach. Just got back not too long ago

Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
Demanding that people pay the way for others who refuse to work is against what America is suppose to be about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
This is where your argument fails.

It's simply not true. Either you are a greedy liar, or a misguided fool.

So ... you can repeat your silly "the poor refuse to work and are stealing from meeeee" lie as much as you like. Your apparent unending greed for the last dollar that the last American will ever have is what's unpatriotic, unAmerican and inhumane.

Bleat away. [shrug]

What a silly thread.
Your greed for someone else's dollar will keep you where you are. Are you still waiting for it?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Well the rich have been running it for some time and this country is going to hell anyways.

Your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies