Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who thinks the rich can govern better than the poor doesn't understand that stupidity encompasses all income levels. Consider this. In many places, you have the ruling elite, and the poor majority. In many cases, the elites don't care. Case in point, look at Haiti. It didn't matter who ruled. When Haiti was ruled by few mulatto elites, most Haitians were quite poor and did poorly. When the Duvaliers ruled Haiti, Haiti was starving and under a brutal dictatorship. Communist Cuba under Castro was in much better shape than Haiti.
Then you better take a closer look at Obama's past. Once achieved power will always be abused. I don't see much coming out of the Obama administration to help people achieve a better life. The only think I see and hear is a lot of talk, demanding more taxes, failed green energy investments, and more green energy.

Oh, or did you vote for green energy? Forget the damn green energy. There are too many people struggling. Maybe another time. Hold Obama's feet to his promises to you.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is because the core of conservatism is exclusion...For conservatives the government should only serve the needs of certain citizens.
I don't think Taft's version was about exclusion - and I don't think Ike's was either. But the foreign, malevolent, vicious, poisonous thing which has infected the American body politic now, certainly is. Something sinister happened on the American Right in the last thirty years.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
I don't think Taft's version was about exclusion - and I don't think Ike's was either. But the foreign, malevolent, vicious, poisonous thing which has infected the American body politic now, certainly is. Something sinister happened on the American Right in the last thirty years.
I only use the term conservative as it relates to modern day conservatives.

Eisenhower is not regarded as a conservative by modern conservatives.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Yep and that is telling the American people what they want to hear, taking advantage of the most desperate and when the talk is done and the vote has been cast they forget about you. I don't give one damn about this green energy initiative. Obama says government produces jobs... a bunch of bs by the way... maybe some but not most? So Obama off the green energy (cronies) and get busy with your job council (oh, big problem, the job council no longer exist).

Old 03-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Eisenhower is not regarded as a conservative by modern conservatives.
Absolutely not - these days, Ike would be condemned as a RINO, or more probably a PINKO.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep and that is telling the American people what they want to hear, taking advantage of the most desperate and when the talk is done and the vote has been cast they forget about you.

This is what you think has happened to the American Right in the last 30 years?

Remarkably candid, I must say.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:41 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
This is what you think has happened to the American Right in the last 30 years?

Remarkably candid, I must say.
To me it is very astonishing when one reads on listens to conservatives talk about other Americans the utter contempt they openly express for huge percentages of them.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then you better take a closer look at Obama's past. Once achieved power will always be abused. I don't see much coming out of the Obama administration to help people achieve a better life. The only think I see and hear is a lot of talk, demanding more taxes, failed green energy investments, and more green energy.

Oh, or did you vote for green energy? Forget the damn green energy. There are too many people struggling. Maybe another time. Hold Obama's feet to his promises to you.
You don't know anything about my voting. Another thing to consider is that the point I'm telling you that it doesn't matter who is in charge. Anyone with power can abuse it. Look at the war we were plunged into. All of it based on a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies