Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times

Advertisements

The host challenges Biden over his support for the ban on assault weapons. Biden gets testy and responds back.

Interview With Vice President Joe Biden : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Zzzzz.............huh?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Zzzzz.............huh?
I thought it was a good interview. The interviewer didn't let Biden slide and Biden had good arguments. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he has some good points.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
It's easy to be an anti-gun moron when you're followed around by a well funded, trained and very well armed security detail for the rest of your life.

Democrats love security for themselves, not for the common folks.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Biden reccommends a double barrelled shotgun, which means only two shots. The third shot would be just a click.

BTW did the interviewer ask what happens if there are 3 or 4 attackers in Biden's world?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:16 PM

1,118 posts, read 2,287,236 times
What's the requirement for being an embarrassment of a VP? On topic, though, this whole gun control craze is entirely irrelevant in that gun control would not prevent Sandy Hook or many of these gun problems we've had of late.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Biden reccommends a double barrelled shotgun, which means only two shots. The third shot would be just a click.

BTW did the interviewer ask what happens if there are 3 or 4 attackers in Biden's world?
No , the interviewer is smarter than that. The interviewer did point out that most gun deaths aren't committed with high capacity magazines. I thought Biden gave a good response

Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Different tools for different tasks.

If you are going pheasant, duck, or goose hunting, a shot gun makes perfect sense. With regard to hunting migratory birds (like ducks and geese) most States already require no more than three rounds can be in the shotgun or rifle.

When hunting deer, moose, elk, or caribou, shotguns are not the ideal tool. The firearm of choice would be those that can deliver at least 2,000 foot pounds of energy at the target at whatever range they are shooting. For example, a .3006 would be adequate if the critter were within 150 yards. If the critter is 200 yards away, then a 300 Win. Mag. would be a more suitable choice.

Personally, when I go hunting grouse or ptarmigan I carry three weapons. A Remington 870 with a 28" barrel and modified choke and loaded with 6-shot. A Mossberg 500 with an 18.5" rifled barrel and loaded with seven .65 caliber sabot slugs. And a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag revolver with a 7.5" barrel loaded with silver-tipped hollow points and hand loaded 110% above red-line (you cannot fire these rounds through just any .44, only the Grizzly AutoMag and the Ruger can handle the chamber pressure). I hunt with my Remington, protect myself with my Mossberg, and carry a back-up revolver just in case I am unable to get to my Mossberg in time.

Last edited by Glitch; 03-20-2013 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
What's the requirement for being an embarrassment of a VP? On topic, though, this whole gun control craze is entirely irrelevant in that gun control would not prevent Sandy Hook or many of these gun problems we've had of late.
We seem to have had a string of embarrassing VPs lately. Beginning with Dan Quayle, then Al Gore, and now Joe Biden. Of the three, Biden is definitely the most embarrassing to date.

I think most of the nation agrees with your position on gun control. Some States have even gone so far as to enact nullification laws, refusing to enforce any gun control measure Congress passes even before it is passed. Even if such State laws prove to be unconstitutional in the end, it still sends a very clear message to Congress.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The host challenges Biden over his support for the ban on assault weapons. Biden gets testy and responds back.

Interview With Vice President Joe Biden : NPR

dont worry, anyone who gives advice to stick the shotgun out the back door and shoot it twice when confronted by a criminal at home is a complete idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies