Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM

524 posts, read 400,795 times

Advertisements

What about vaccinations? I mean, since I was a child born in '83, the number of vaccines in the schedule has tripled. Trust me, I am not some "vaccinations are horrible nut" but, to say that a newborn, with hardly any immune system, has all these vaccines, with all these little doses of methylmercury in them. Could that have an impact on development? Sure it can. I would agree with many people on here that it is environmental, no one could really argue with that.

I received the anthrax vaccination in the military in 2003. At that time it was mandatory. Shorty after, about two months, it was optional because quite a few people died from reactions. Luckily, I received all three of mine well. They just put out this report that a Congressional Panel approved children receiving the anthrax vaccine, and now they want to start testing, that to me is very scary....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,180,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Logic tells you that a growing fetus would be highly susceptible to an influx of chemicals.
Even what's labeled "healthy" today is full of chemicals deemed to be "safe".

Should I be lobbying my Congressman for a tax break for shopping at Whole Foods and a tax penalty for shopping at xxxxx ?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
The allergy and food intolerance issue is out of control, and it seems to get worse all the time. For example--celiac disease (a potentially life threatening intolerance to gluten found in wheat, rye and barley--it's an autoimmune disorder) is often considered genetic, or at least they think it is--it's found in families. My kids are adopted (two sets of siblings and half siblings) and one of my children has it. Even though I'm not biologically related to my children, I'm also severely gluten intolerant, but just under the threshold for celiac. We don't eat many processed foods, and we never have. What's causing this stuff?

If it was caused by immunizations, older adults wouldn't be developing allergies and intolerances during middle age. I know adults who are suddenly developing asthma in their late 40s and 50s. It has to be something environmental or in our food.

Last edited by mb1547; 03-21-2013 at 09:28 AM..

Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,028,353 times
Some person named Rick Niven has been studying the possible effect of lead-based gasoline and other lead-based products. There have been several articles (based on his studies) showing that there may be a possible relationship between long-term exposure to lead and various mental or health disorders (including the rise in crime) over the decades. Essentially, as lead became more prevalent in society (especially in lead-based gasoline) childhood disorders rose. Since lead can continue to remain in soil for decades, the problem has persisted despite lead-free gas, lead-free paint, etc.

I am not saying it is so. But, some food for thought.

How lead exposure relates to temporal changes in IQ, violent crime, and unwed pregnancy

Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Hmm, could it be our processed foods with dyes, growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrosamines and preservatives? Got to be environmental.
30-40 years ago autism was known as childhood schitzophrenia

its not enviromental

its better more comprehensive testing, in a VERY WIDE SPECTRUM

and like 99% of all things.....it's GENETIC

Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,119,547 times
Not to mention the genetically modified foods.
Here's an eye opener.
Top 15 chemical additives in your food

Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Trust me, I am not some "vaccinations are horrible nut" but, to say that a newborn, with hardly any immune system, has all these vaccines, with all these little doses of methylmercury in them.
FYI, ethymercury was removed from childhood vaccines in 2001. Rates have still gone up. Methylmercury is not used in vaccines. People have falsely attributed the negative health effects of methylmercury (what you find in fish, for example) to ethylmercury (which used to be in vaccines, but was removed over a decade ago).

Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
30-40 years ago autism was known as childhood schitzophrenia

its not enviromental

its better more comprehensive testing, in a VERY WIDE SPECTRUM

and like 99% of all things.....it's GENETIC
It's not just autism though. There has been a steady increase in childhood chronic illnesses and that even has medical researchers stumped looking for answers.

I think I will go with the medial researchers on this rather than you so flippantly dismissing this as better testing.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
They think one of the reasons so many Americans are developing celiac is because of the wheat grown here. Americans like white, fluffy bread, so big ag selectively bred (not genetically modified) the wheat crops here to contain massive amounts of gluten, compared to wheat grown around the rest of the world--gluten is the stretchy protein that allows bread to rise. Our bodies evidently can't handle the extra gluten. Flour and gluten based food starch is in nearly EVERYTHING. We always thought we were eating healthy by only eating whole wheat flour products...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Peanut allergies have tripled in number over the past decade.

And practically every kid is familiar with and grew up with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Better testing is not causing this increase.

Peanut Allergy Cases Triple in 10 Years | LiveScience
No one is certain what's behind the spike in food allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies