Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 01:31 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No description of the perps?
Two young black men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheMan View Post
The victim didn't give a description until she seen photos of the boys, not before.
was there a time machine involved here somewhere?

Quote:
Aided by a description and a check of school attendance records to determine who was not in classes Thursday, officers searched for the young suspects and took them into custody, police said.
what description do you figure the police were using here, and who gave such a description?

Old 03-24-2013, 01:33 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I would normally think that something smells a little fishy with her being shot in the leg and the baby dead, but if she were a crazy person who shot her own kid it would be really hard to cover up.
Where have you been? This story was on the Today Show, and they showed one of the perpetrators, and the other was in silhouette because he was a minor.

Last edited by 9162; 03-24-2013 at 02:38 PM..

Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
An article that I read says that he his aunt made him breakfast, then she took him to run errands with her and later that afternoon he went to a class he was taking to get his GED. If he ran errands with her, there should be some evidence on a surveillance camera somewhere. So far, all we know is that the mother identified him from a mugshot...I wonder what else they have, if anything.
I bet the 14 year old has already rolled on him to save his own ass from adult jail.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I went on the facebook page of the suspect/s yesterday, and there were alot of angry posts from people expressing their opinions about this teen. Now, The page is shut down.
I noticed how family and friends were defending him and were saying things that could interfere with police investigation. I am surprised it took them this long to shut the page down.
You can still see it. Several other sites copied it probably figuring Facebook would wimp out which is what they are famous for doing.
Uncovered: Demarquis Elkin’s Facebook page | Bazaar Daily News

Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM

157 posts, read 102,907 times
Its a couple of the "youths" as the MSM likes to call them...not a surprise really...wonder if they look like Obama's son as well..

Old 03-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His facebook page is de jure for black teens his age. His page is not an anomaly in that regard.
That is not true. I do not see many pages of black teens that look like that.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
The case will collapse on itself quickly, is all I'm saying.
No. He is dead meat. This is a small southern town we are talking about. Not Los Angeles with crazy irrational juries. If he did it, he is a goner. And like I said, I bet the cops have already flipped the juvenile.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
But what evidence to they have against him?

Idk, that's what I'm saying nobody knows, when did black teens ever get reported in the first report?

If this happens, then this is the result of a racist justice system, pure and simple. We can't persecute him based of the evidence given so far, anybody could have shot him. I see foul play.
If the 14 year old that was with him says "yeah, I saw him do it" and the aunt who's car he was hiding in says "yeah, I saw a gun on him after it happened" and the mother says "yeah, I am sure he is the one", I do not need anymore evidence to say GUILTY as charged.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
How much of this is from the teens family lives?

In the African American community, 72 percent of Black children are raised in a single parent household.

72% Of Black Kids Raised In Single Parent Household, 25 Percent In U.S. | Breaking News for Black America

Statistics below are from same links above:

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
  • 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
  • 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
  • 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
  • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
  • 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes
  • 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies