Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us...home.html?_r=0

In the initial NYT story about the murder of Tom Clements, head of the Colorado prison system, the all important lede makes reference to gun control legislation that just passed in CO. And the last 6 paragraphs of the story likewise are devoted to the gun control legislation.

It turns out that the murder had zip, zero, nada to do with the legislation. The main suspect now is an ex-inmate and member of a white supremacist group from CO.
Man killed in Texas called suspect in Colo slaying | Nation & World | The Seattle Times

I haven't seen this kind of lunacy since the lefty media blamed Sarah Palin for the shooting of AZ rep Gabriellle Giffords. What is it about guns that seems to turn lefty brains to mush???

The AP, bless 'em, got it right this time. The AP story, even before news about the ex-inmate, focused not on gun control but on attacks against prosecutors, corrections officials, etc. "Revenge is usually the motive," was a quote in the story. That's what I would have guessed.
Colo. Corrections Dept. Chief Shot, Killed at Home - ABC News

Also coming out looking like an idiot is the CD poster who suggested that this was a plot by the NRA. When will the loons ever learn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
i suspect the loon who was convinced the NRA assassinated the corrections deputy would have bright future working for the NYT..

and yes, i did see that thread. too bad it was wiped out of existence- i would have relished being able to go back and marvel at its sheer idiocy.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Leftists jumping to a conclusion that a crime was somehow caused by conservative politics? What else is new? I saw this blamed on his white supremacy ties as well - until it was pointed out the victim was also white. And they immediately blamed the Gifford shooting on right wing extremists as well - until they found the left wing manifesto the guy left.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i suspect the loon who was convinced the NRA assassinated the corrections deputy would have bright future working for the NYT..

and yes, i did see that thread. too bad it was wiped out of existence- i would have relished being able to go back and marvel at its sheer idiocy.
Beautifully written...can't rep ya.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:06 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Just go look at the thread about the baby that was killed in GA. There are a couple of people in that thread trying to turn it into a gun control issue. Teenage thugs who aren't old enough to legally own guns execute a baby with a shot to the head, and loons start on the very first page crying gun control. No concern for the baby or the family, just jumping on a baby's murder to try to further their agenda.
All the while completely ignoring the fact that the idiot thugs broke the current gun laws already (not to mention that law about not murdering people).

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 03-23-2013 at 09:14 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
The NYT article also says that he "oversaw more than 20,000 inmates in Colorado’s prisons and parole system, might have made him a target." In fact this appears to be the case.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Prison guards or officals being targeted by inmates? Must be the guns that are causing this says the left.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Hopefully that dumb ass was banned, I know I did report that thread....complete stupidity...

Old 03-24-2013, 07:30 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
The left dies this all the time. Anytime, something horrible occurs, they immediately look on how they can tie it to anti-liberals and capitalize politically off if it. There is example after example of this.

If course, they feel no shame from it. They are very twisted, sick people.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The NYT article also says that he "oversaw more than 20,000 inmates in Colorado’s prisons and parole system, might have made him a target." In fact this appears to be the case.
Yes, they said that in paragraph 5, a one-sentence paragraph. But that was one paragraph, while I count 9 paragraphs that focus on the gun control legislation, including the all-important lede, and the last paragraph.

Contrast that to the AP story. The AP story brings up the possible inmate-revenge angle in the lede, and spends several paragraphs mid-story on it. The AP story mentions the gun control legislation only in the briefest of passing.

You can try, but you can't defend the NYT here. They blew it, whether from lunacy or deliberate attempt at manipulation, only they know for sure. My money is on lunacy. Considering how the Palin-Giffords narrative blew up in their faces, one would think they would have learned a lesson. The AP apparently did--if I'm not mistaken it was an AP story that initially linked Palin to the Giffords shooting, only a couple hours after the shooting happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies