Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
She`s such an idiot that she received a Rhodes Scholarship and she has a degree from Stanford and Oxford. Tell us again who you think is idiotic?
Wow, who knew being "school smart" was the same thing as having common sense.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
I have not listened that much to Juan Williams but he always comes off as a moderate to me.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Wow, who knew being "school smart" was the same thing as having common sense.
There are many educated idiots in positions of power and influence.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Rhodes Scholarships only go to the best and the brightest. There`s really nothing else I can tell you. I can teach but the rest is up to you.
Best and brightest? Or the ones that can regurgitate information the best? Plenty of our "best and brightest" never got a Rhodes Scholarship and some didn't even complete college. My brother has a photographic memory and so got a degree fairly easy but is a complete idiot when it comes to common sense or real critical thinking.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:56 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have not listened that much to Juan Williams but he always comes off as a moderate to me.
He can only go so far given the forum in which he has a voice. Same for Powers and Colmes.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Rhodes Scholarships only go to the best and the brightest. There`s really nothing else I can tell you. I can teach but the rest is up to you.
No, they go to the ones that get good grades and play the education "game" well. It tells me nothing more than she's able to succeed in a university setting.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Geeezzzz she is such an idiot. Is she a lesbian? Why does she look like a"butch?"

Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
It`s not the bias on FOX that bothers me. It`s the lying. When 2 university studies tell us that FOX news viewers are less informed than people who watch no news at all....well that`s enough to keep me away.
Please link us to the two studies you reference. I'd like to see how those studies were conducted, if they were conducted for a grade, if they were peer reviewed by experts, and if the university in question has a known bias towards conservative ideals.

That's how an objective consumer of information of operates. You thought of that, right?

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Yes Fox is biased. The Liberals on Fox are only plants to make liberals look stupid and get the torch and pitchfork crowd they call viewers up in arms.
LOL!!! Plants? LOL!

I don't think Juan Williams is a plant. I was glad to see him come to Fox. I actually like Juan, though on many issues I don't agree with him. He has something to say, and he usually says it well. Once in a while he will cause me to roll my eyes, but he's not a bad guy.

Then there is Bob Beckel on The Five. He is no plant. If he thought he was just a plant, I guarantee you, he wouldn't be their. He speaks his mind, and can sometimes be hilariously funny. I usually disagree with him when he "goes off" on some diatribe, but he surely is no "plant." He adds much to the show.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You cannot bunch these together as "liberal media". MSNBC is the only one which directly confronts Faux News, the others play along by not doing so, thus according a measure of tacit approval.

They have indeed. It is Roger Ailes who devises and disseminates daily talking points to most of the RW media and therefore the parrots on this forum. There is no such authoritarian "sugar daddy" on the "left" - which is not left at all.
Barry Goldwater would be considered "leftist" by the wacko Right today. More than one Foxie has accused GWB of being liberal.

You are no being very astute here. On a daily basis the RW media initiates the stories and talking points which MSNBC reacts to and debunks. You incorrectly see the liberal responses to and exposing of lies and misinformation as "slant" and "bias". MSNBC for instance rarely initiates a new talking point, but instead responds to one already concocted, disseminated, and being trumpeted throughout the RW media.

You cannot blame "leftist policies" unless they are in effect. Six years of repub congressional obstructionism have kept "leftist" jobs programs, for instance, from taking effect.
Ya think the Wall Street crash of 2008 was the result of "leftist" policies? Same with the "leftist" Iraq war? How about "leftist" trickle-down economics and corporate deregulation? These are what have inflicted recent damage on America.
The teabaggers want to ruin the full faith and credit of the U.S., and more "rational" repubs, including Boehner, have recently distanced themselves from them. Can you figure out why?
Now, since you brought up the leftist "failures", explain what they are rather than merely parroting a Fox platitude.
"As is MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN. You cannot bunch these together as "liberal media".

Of course they are.

Media Busters exposes the liberal bias of the media all the time. That IS there function.

NewsBusters | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

http://www.mrc.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies