Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
A dog that broke the leash, and went after an animal that it didn't understand, and thought was a threat.

The police even said that they did nothing wrong.

Your issue is with nature.
It was legal for her to have the dog on the beach this time of year, and she did have it leashed. It was so strong that it pulled free of her when it saw the [sea lion],' Kravetz said.

I agree but The leash did not break the dog did no wrong the owner could not control there dog

Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
The law says you must have your dog on a leash, not have your dog on a leash unless it breaks. If the leash broke it was not the proper leash for the dog.

Any dog that would attack an animal and can not be verbally brought to heal should not be without a leash.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
It was legal for her to have the dog on the beach this time of year, and she did have it leashed. It was so strong that it pulled free of her when it saw the [sea lion],' Kravetz said.

I agree but The leash did not break the dog did no wrong the owner could not control there dog

It is your legal responsibility to be able to control the dog. If it were a child that was attacked, should would be getting sued.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so much fail in your post. The dog wasn't running free.
If it wasn't running free then how did it get to the seal? Did she lead it up to it? The dog pulled away from the handler and ran free. It doesn't matter how it got free, whether it escaped or they set it free intentionally - the failed to control it.

Are you that family's professional apologist, out to spin everything in a positive way?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Gabby Gifford is the subject of at least 3 threads on here slamming her or her husband.

Why does anyone have a problem with Gabby Gifford? She survived an assassination attempt while serving as a public servant, and now you hate her. Why?
I guess she is drawing so much negative attention because she and her husband have dedicated themselves to promoting gun control, an issue unpopular with many people.

I really don't have a huge issue with regulating gun purchases in a reasonable way, but the idea that loads of red tape and government restrictions will reduce the number of gun available to criminals is just a pipe dream ad a huge waste of political capital.

Look at crack and heroin - both totally illegal, billions spent to enforce the laws, and they are still imported from overseas and are everywhere to buy in the street. Politicians could be focusing on so many things more useful than this, but no, they go and antagonize a bunch of people, cause divisions, and for what? To pander to their base and act like they care. What a bunch of garbage.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Even if it was legal to have the dog on the beach, it is against the law to bring domestic animals into areas where there is wild life and to not prevent your dog from attack the natural inhabitants.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM

It is a pit bull? The pictures are awful - that poor baby seal lion.

Watch: Gabby Giffords

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
It is a pit bull? The pictures are awful - that poor baby seal lion.

Watch: Gabby Giffords
The people who excuse this behavior and claim John Doe would have no legal culpability are despicable.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Where do you live?

I'm not trying to be nosy about you personally, but I think that different parts of this country have different ideas about pets, and about pet ownership.

The moles cause me extensive property damage. The rabbits and possums and squirrels raid my garden, tearing up my flower beds, destroying my tomatoes and squash and beans.

Many people have dogs, and don't allow them in the house at all.

Many people keep cats to keep rodents away from hay and feed.
I was wondering the same thing. She has posted in the past that she lives at the end of a wooded street.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Keeping your cats indoors eliminates the risk of destroying another person property. That would be a sensible solution if you are worried about risk.

If your cats roam other peoples property and could kill a lesser animals that isn't yours then you would be exposing yourself to personal liability for the destruction of the property it does and punitive damages that accompany it.

Moles, possums and rabbits that aren't endangered or protected and are on your property would probably be considered your property, and you wouldn't be liable for them.
And where did you say you went to law school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies