Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 AM

945 posts, read 969,180 times

Advertisements

Our favorite congresswoman Gabby Gifford's dog mortally wounded a baby Sea Lion while on vacation.

Her husband the Astronaut, and their daughter were apparently walking the dog on the beach (unleashed?) when the dog saw a baby Sea Lion, attacked it and inflicted mortal wounds.

The attack was caught on tape, and the obviously the sea lion later died.

This family is has been the current administration and anti-gun congress' poster child for gun grabbing. The woman was shot by a crazed man years ago.

Her and her husband now advocate the that we trample the constitution because of their selfishness and political gain and yet they cannot even practice control with their own animals.

The dog clearly wasn't able to be controlled and was a dangerous animal to be in the public. It killed an unprovoked animal, and the family will not be charged with anything due to their high-profile names and public sympathy.

Everyone should know how pathetic this family is, they are the first ones to scream from the roof top to ban guns from law abiding citizens, however they cannot practice control and responsibility with something as simple as a common pet.

Remember the hypocrites, the double-talkers and the selfish people who rose to power and money off the backs of the taxpayer. These people are in my eyes are a perfect example of what is wrong with this country.

Last edited by derosterreich; 03-26-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Our favorite congresswoman Gabby Gifford's dog mortally wounded a baby Sea Lion while on vacation.
A dog that broke the leash, and went after an animal that it didn't understand, and thought was a threat.

The police even said that they did nothing wrong.

Your issue is with nature.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
if the ban dogs and sea lions, this kind of thing would never happen..

Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Ban dogs on beaches.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Ban dogs on beaches.
Ban dog owners who can't control their dogs.

I can hear the gun banners now... 'If you can't control our dog you sure as hell can't control a gun. No permit for you.'

Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM

945 posts, read 969,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
A dog that broke the leash, and went after an animal that it didn't understand, and thought was a threat.

The police even said that they did nothing wrong.

Your issue is with nature.
Then there were several negligent actions performed by the Giffords. They didn't not properly restrain their dog or check the leash (leash had to be damaged or wrongly sized), they didn't properly control their animal and they inflicted bodily harm to a protected animal and potentially subjected other small animals, children and people to danger.

Then we have emotional impact that the children nearby saw, seeing a baby seal get ragdolled by a 65 bulldog by the neck. That's always pleasant when you venture to the beach for some sun.

So if all these same facts of the sea lion's death remained consistent except we substitute someone's dog/cat or even worse small child and this dog did this would you be simply point me to take it up with mother nature?

How can you process so little information and common sense?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Ban pit bulls. It could have been a baby. By "broke it's lease" they appear to mean the handler couldn't hang on as the leash is fine in the video.

(I know this was am American bull dog but it is basically the same dog with small powerful jaw that can clamp down and lock).

Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Oh noes, my cat killed two mice last week. I'm confused by this thread, so should I:

1) Not support sensible gun regulation any longer?

2) Go out and buy a gun?

3) Shoot my cat?

4) SMDH!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
If you cannot control your dog (a verbal STOP should have been enough) then a bullet in its head will suffice.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh noes, my cat killed two mice last week. I'm confused by this thread, so should I:

1) Not support sensible gun regulation any longer?

2) Go out and buy a gun?

3) Shoot my cat?

4) SMDH!
If your cat will attack and kill something bigger than a baby and not respond to commands then it shouldn't be out in public.

video: http://www.azcentral.com/news/free/2...alifornia.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies