Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
It begs the question was the community theirs to begin with? Are you kidding me?

You need to be schooled? First of all you don't own s***. The minute you lose the ability to pay rent,mortgage,car note,property taxes etc it will be taken by somebodies bank and you can bet your inegrated ass it won't be a bank owned by blacks.
ok....but along with this, the black people of Tulsa also had to deal with racism even if the official policy was separate but equal. there was nothing great or equal about segregation.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 PM

267 posts, read 202,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
but was it the same white people? was it just a group of like a few million bipolar white people? this thread begins with many posters, including myself, insisting that we don't want to be judged by the worse among us. why don't white people in this case get the same respect?
I apologize for reniging on my previous statement but how you serious? Every white person inherits the legacy of white supremacy just as we inherit the legacy of our people, the good the bad and the ugly. The thing is we are not in our natural state, and it is not because of our own descent, at all, many of us are getting back to it (our natural state) though. Many of the atrocities that black people commit (mainly to each other, out of subconscious self-hatred) came into existence not even after slavery but after integration over in America and colonialism in the motherland.

We civilized white people, before the African Moors was in Europe taking a bath was considered a sin and the inhabitants of Europe threw out their waste (im not talking trash either) from their windows to the street. Greeks went to KMT to learn ancient sciences and KMT didn't even hold all the sciences the Ancient Ethiopian Empire did. Now I'm not taking away from the legacy of the Caucasian, just giving credit where credit is due.

I can understand why a lot of posters are showing some contempt towards you, imagine a house slave asking the field slaves why they are so mad. I'm not calling you a house slave either, just using it as an analogy.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Ask yourself why did we need white people to pass a bill for black people, and tell me what white people "ended" slavery? *Slavery was never ended only institutionalized* Why did we need a civil rights bill if we are already civilians? We're not citizens and we aren't free. Why did we need white people to do all those things for us when they were the ones who did it?

You know how many black groups are suppressed in our history, in order to give us the mindstate of gratitude to the same people oppressing us. Why don't they tell us Tulsa was the first american city attacked from an aircraft and it was only the greenwood area, they fire bombed the town, throwing sticks of dynamites from helicopters while the national guard was brought in to disarm the black population and leave the men in internment camps, while the women and children were left to sift through the rubble.

they don't teach us about COINTELPRO and The Panthers, The Us Organization, the Black P. Stones and other organizations that benefited us, they don't even tell us of the government's involvement in MLK's assassination. They don't tell us the entire Civil Rights Movement was to benefit the Jews over here. They don't tell us that how the Haitian Revolution benefited the U.S. greatly. How whites kept blacks from occupying congress during the Reconstruction population. They don't even tell you who literally built damn near every structure of the U.S. capitol who built the infrastructure of the colonial U.S., we weren't just in the fields.

......And pop goes their heads!

Excellent post

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
I apologize for reniging on my previous statement but how you serious? Every white person inherits the legacy of white supremacy just as we inherit the legacy of our people, the good the bad and the ugly. The thing is we are not in our natural state, and it is not because of our own descent, at all, many of us are getting back to it (our natural state) though. Many of the atrocities that black people commit (mainly to each other, out of subconscious self-hatred) came into existence not even after slavery but after integration over in America and colonialism in the motherland.

We civilized white people, before the African Moors was in Europe taking a bath was considered a sin and the inhabitants of Europe threw out their waste (im not talking trash either) from their windows to the street. Greeks went to KMT to learn ancient sciences and KMT didn't even hold all the sciences the Ancient Ethiopian Empire did. Now I'm not taking away from the legacy of the Caucasian, just giving credit where credit is due.

I can understand why a lot of posters are showing some contempt towards you, imagine a house slave asking the field slaves why they are so mad. I'm not calling you a house slave either, just using it as an analogy.
white privilege is real and a byproduct of white supremacy. the first way to rid our country of it is for whites to acknowledge it. great. but does that mean I have to separate myself from whites until they get it? The essential question is, do most whites, especially young whites appear to be content with the status quo? Are they moving forward or backward?

I read this post and thought about how it would read to the afro Nazis and I don't care. I love my white friends and I do not want to live in a world where we can't hang out or let our children play together.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM

87 posts, read 97,132 times
Quote:
ok....but along with this, the black people of Tulsa also had to deal with racism even if the official policy was separate but equal. there was nothing great or equal about segregation.
Free your mind and try to understand that you can not quantify or put a price on community,safety within that community,economic empowerment within that comm, self love, respect for life etc.

Economic prosperity is not the end all, there are mental aspects of slavery we have yet to shake or deal with, you and i included.

Ask a young black man what he calls a black woman. Visit any jail and see who inhabits these jails, and why you at it ask what he's charged for.
ask a young single black mom does she plan on getting married, and be sure to make the follow up question are you getting married to the child's father.
We have not all advanced forward as a race. We have glaring issues that need to be fixed and i am under the impression and firmly believe integration was too much, way too fast. We had and still have issues that have not been dealt with or corrected amongst ourselves.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
All over the world the people with the darker skin are discriminated against by the people in power who have lighter skin. This is especially true with African Americans.

Many people say the main reason black people in America are discriminated against is they have black or dark skin. Do you think this is the true reason for the discrimination and hate or is it something else.

If the real reason is something other than their physical skin color then what is it?

I dunno.

Pregnant Ghetto Black Woman Fights at a Chuck E. Cheeses - YouTube

Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times

BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes) - YouTube

Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What is your point?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM

267 posts, read 202,623 times
Quote:
white privilege is real and a byproduct of white supremacy. the first way to rid our country of it is for whites to acknowledge it. great. but does that mean I have to separate myself from whites until they get it? The essential question is, do most whites, especially young whites appear to be content with the status quo? Are they moving forward or backward?

I read this post and thought about how it would read to the afro Nazis and I don't care. I love my white friends and I do not want to live in a world where we can't hang out or let our children play together.
Trust me when I say I understand where you're coming from but what many of us fail to realize is this is a real war. And black (Afrikan) people are losing. To many of us are falling for the wolf in sheep's clothing, to many of us relax when the smile then we're shocked when they bite. The way the world is run now, this "we are the world" **** is going to kill us, straight up. We shouldn't lose our humanity in this war (that we didn't even initiate) but our humanity is going to be our downfall if we don't open our eyes.

Look at how our women are portrayed, hip hop is degrading our entire people and that isn't even our music anymore, that's how it's been since we arrived on the first slave ship named Jesus. I won't get to deep but it is what it is.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
Free your mind and try to understand that you can not quantify or put a price on community,safety within that community,economic empowerment within that comm, self love, respect for life etc.

Economic prosperity is not the end all, there are mental aspects of slavery we have yet to shake or deal with, you and i included.

Ask a young black man what he calls a black woman. Visit any jail and see who inhabits these jails, and why you at it ask what he's charged for.
ask a young single black mom does she plan on getting married, and be sure to make the follow up question are you getting married to the child's father.
We have not all advanced forward as a race. We have glaring issues that need to be fixed and i am under the impression and firmly believe integration was too much, way too fast. We had and still have issues that have not been dealt with or corrected amongst ourselves.
there are most certainly issues within the black community, but segregation is not the answer. I would dare say that the most segregated blacks these days are those living in poor, poverty stricken inner cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies