Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 27 67.50%
No 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I don't care what you believe in but that is the founding document of the country so it says what principles the country was founded on.
You mean the document that says that are govt cannot sponsor any religion over another? That one?

You mean the non-christian ideals that found our country.

so again, what God are you talking about? Seeing as our nation was founded to not have any religious influence.

the US Is not a Christian nation, nor was it founded upon Christian beliefs.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
T. Steelman is a life-long Liberal. She has been writing online about politics since 2007. She lives in Western Washington with her husband, daughter, 2 cats and a small herd of

Love your sources. Now show me documentation where such a practice was referenced in court doucments. Presumably if this was such a cherished tradition of native Americans they would seek to have it recognized by the USA.
Did you not realize that there was no court that Native Americans had access to in early colonial days?
It was convert or die. No trial allowed.

Currently three tribes have re legalized the two spirit traditions. More are considering it.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I'm still waiting to hear a convincing argument for how gay marriage will impact my marriage?

The only response so far was supposed gender neutralization, and that defies any logic or reasoning.

Any other theories?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm still waiting to hear a convincing argument for how gay marriage will impact my marriage?
What is so hard to understand!?!?

You are married to someone, right? I assume it's a hetero marriage?

Now picture the guy down the street, who's in love with another guy. Now THEY get married.

Now you have 2 married guys in your neighborhood, and they are married and they are gay and they are men.....

Get it now!?!?!

(I have no idea)

Old 03-28-2013, 04:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Those hetero church-goers who cheat on their taxes and their wives? Those decent, moral religious people?
My aunt's kitchen window faced a small apartment building and an apartment on the top floor was rented by a few prostitutes. The majority of the clientele seen coming and going throughout the day were married orthodox Jews. We'd get a good laugh at the hypocrisy. The place was naturally closed down due to complaints, but we know that those complaints did not come from "religious" guys. BTW...I am Jewish and though not religious, definitely more moral than those yoyos.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If my religion says that I have to sacrifice a newborn ever Wednesday, does that mean that the law can not prohibit me from doing that? If my religion says that Jewish people shouldn't be allowed in the doors of my business should I be allowed to exclude them?

The supreme court has ruled on religious exemptions before, and found that you still have to follow the laws even if they go against your religion.
I guess you are against freedom of religion but for freedom of gaydom.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
My aunt's kitchen window faced a small apartment building and an apartment on the top floor was rented by a few prostitutes. The majority of the clientele seen coming and going throughout the day were married orthodox Jews. We'd get a good laugh at the hypocrisy. The place was naturally closed down due to complaints, but we know that those complaints did not come from "religious" guys. BTW...I am Jewish and though not religious, definitely more moral than those yoyos.
I'm sure they are part of the extreme minority of "orthodox" jews that are for same gender "marriage".

If you knew anything at all about the Orthodox Jewish community you would probably realize that they were about as Orthodox as you are.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I guess you are against freedom of religion and for freedom of gaydom.
Please explain how SSM in anyway impeads on YOUR religious freedom?

If anything aren't you doing that? I used to belong to a church that waved the rainbow flag in their front lawn and believed in SSM. But it sounds like you would not allow them to perform a SSM ceremony, so what about you? Are you for religious freedom?

But even if you choose to ignore that, again I ask HOW does SSM impead on your religious freedom?
NOBODY is trying to get you gay married.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Whackaloons.

Does the lust spirit come visiting at the stroke of 4:00 AM, after the spirits of Christmas past, present and future have all gone home?
Not nice to insult City-Data members. Allow people to have their faith. As I allow you to have faith in nothing.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I saw a story on CNN about two gay white dudes who adopted some little black kids.

First off, who in the HELL is looking out for the welfare of those little kids who have no choice and are completely innocent? I mean they don't get a vote in who adopts them and raises them.

So they get to grow up in a household with dude on dude romance going on and no one sees a problem with that?

What kind of an embarrassment is this going to be for them? What should they be expected to deal with in their short little lives?

This country is going completely insane/retarded. All in the interest of some BS political correctness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies