Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times

Advertisements

Its amazing a person can not speak their mind without being called a racist, an uncle tom, or have their race questioned.

I know the economy is bad, people are down on their luck and I know this is the internet and we have people who LOVE the anonymity of the internet. So hiding behind reputation comments and alternate accounts isn't really surprising.

I know these are the same people who infested (occupied) public parks because they failed and want a bail out, the same people who tried to stop others from getting to work, while yelling "working is slavery," and spewing their hate.

Maybe I shouldn't care much. You guys love to pull the race card. Rather it's the White Liberals, Black Liberals or whoever, it seems to be your primary weapon. Who can blame you? Year 5 the economy is still ****ty, deficits, debt, unemployment. There are few positive things you can say about your president.

A lot of that effort can perhaps go into getting a job, improving your own circumstances (unless you are just a leech), improving the your communities, or the world as a whole.

Hey you'd rather sit unemployed in your mothers basement hiding behind your mothers computer making baseless accusations. With your "hopey changy" poster, next to your occupy poster be my guess.

/just another rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
As long as there are people willing and ready to shout "RACISM", the very thing they are complaining about will never go away!
THEY are feeding it and nurturing it just as much if not more so than the people they are accusing!
If they would expend as much energy trying to improve their lot in life as they do complaining that life is unfair (of course it is, fairness is not a god-given right!), they would be a LOT better off!
They should also keep in mind that if their ethnic or racial group is cursed with a stereotype, it behooves them to rise above it, and make a positive effort to dispel it! At any rate, DO NOT reinforce it!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
He's YOUR president too.

And I wouldn't be advising people about improving themselves if I were you. I doubt that you're raising much hell on the ladder of success yourself. After all, you're here, aren't you? SMH..

As to your ideas about race, I have no idea what you're talking about. If someone is being a racist, then they should be called one. If someone is Tomming, then they should be referred to as a Tom.

If these terms don't describe you, then why are you worrying about it?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's YOUR president too.

And I wouldn't be advising people about improving themselves if I were you. I doubt that you're raising much hell on the ladder of success yourself. After all, you're here, aren't you? SMH..

As to your ideas about race, I have no idea what you're talking about. If someone is being a racist, then they should be called one. If someone is Tomming, then they should be referred to as a Tom.

If these terms don't describe you, then why are you worrying about it?
A little more clarity about exactly who you are addressing would be nice!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I think it's pretty obvious who he is addressing. If you can't figure it out than you probably wouldn't understand his post in the first place.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
I doubt that you're raising much hell on the ladder of success yourself. After all, you're here, aren't you? SMH..
This implies the same about yourself.

Only life failures inhabit CD forums?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This implies the same about yourself.

Only life failures inhabit CD forums?
Didn't say that. I'm sure that no one around here is missing any meals.

But let's just say that Warren Buffet types aren't hanging around here either.

So yea...the implication includes me too. A middle manager at some company just trying to get by in life. I'm no great shakes, and neither is anyone else around here. For sure not enough to be telling others what to do as if anyone here is doing so great.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Not you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I think it's pretty obvious who he is addressing. If you can't figure it out than you probably wouldn't understand his post in the first place.
I thought that it was obvious too. Go figure.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Didn't say that. I'm sure that no one around here is missing any meals.

But let's just say that Warren Buffet types aren't hanging around here either.

So yea...the implication includes me too. A middle manager at some company just trying to get by in life. I'm no great shakes, and neither is anyone else around here. For sure not enough to be telling others what to do as if anyone here is doing so great.
How do you know anything about anybody on this forum unless they tell you?

I have made no secret of the fact that I am a 36 year old electronics technician, and a virgin, who plans to study law.

Are you somehow clairvoyant?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How do you know anything about anybody on this forum unless they tell you?

I have made no secret of the fact that I am a 36 year old electronics technician, and a virgin, who plans to study law.

Are you somehow clairvoyant?
Nope...even better than that!

I'm God. LMAO..

In all seriousness though, I don't need to be clairvoyant. I just know what I know.

Are there people around here that are mega-successful? 1 or 2 perhaps, but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies