Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Having sex in public places like rest stops, and bathrooms, out back of stores and raping. On dance floors grinding in public, creating displays of affection in public places to draw attention, all of which is vulgar to me.
Sex in public is illegal. Call the cops.

The rest is perfectly legal, and you are the one who will get in trouble if you decide to harm someone.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM

491 posts, read 373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The supreme court can make that happen overnight. They have done so before.
Nullification is still legal.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Yes, we must take care of liberals. What is Obamacare albout?
First off, I was quite serious about the post. Gays are not the only 'group' which can be attacked for not being 'like everyone else'. People used to not try to get help because it would stamp a label on their forehead and become public. Now they do but often never say or go to the privacy of the family doctor because they do not wish to become the object of some 'joke' or put down. And since when is it okay to have an illness involving a malfuctioning heart but not a malfunctioning brain chemistry?

Second, everyone gets an oppinion. Resorting to massive generalization isn't one. I have a grudge against the hard core religious types who think we should all live like them, but they are entitled to say so. I am not required to buy their message, however. But I am not entitled to question their right to say it. Implying that anyone with 'liberal' ideas has a disease is not making funny. And there is no such thing as a single defined belief for a liberal. I know people who follow the whole agenda. I just don't discuss with them since like the faith based folks they wear blinders. And I know people who take their own point of view which could be called 'progressive' or liberal but is not taken from an agenda. I respect people who come to a view by making up their own mind, if I agree or not. I respect those who know why the think how they think, and not becuse its easy to shoot of 'labels'.

I'm not sure what Obamacare will or will not do, since its not a running system and running systems tend to adjust themselves to fufill their need in time.

We'll see.

Last edited by nightbird47; 03-29-2013 at 05:33 PM..

Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Then vote for no one. Voting to reelect 0bama after seeing the utter and historic failure and incompetence of the man was a stupid vote to make. Millions of people who voted for 0bama last time decided sit at home this time.
No thanks... I'd rather make my vote count, even if it's more of a vote AGAINST the other guy. I mean, it's not like they'd declare nobody as POTUS if enough people didn't vote! And if you think Obama is a disaster, I can pretty much assure you we'd be in worse shape under Romney. Just as you probably think I'm ill-informed for voting Obama, I think the same of those who voted for Romney. What makes your opinion any more valid than mine?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
He also condones beating on children and gays, so my respect for him is about a zero right now.
Beating on children? A spanking is not beating on children when it is your own child. What was beatings in my day was allowed by 1st grade teachers and because i was born left handed it was fine for the female teatcher to put me in a trash can at the head of class and slap my left hand with a yard stick when I attempted to use it. Don't be telling me how soft and frail people are not even females.

And yes I taught my son that if he gave me lip and back talk when he was 4 or 5 that he was getting a spanking. He never once messed with my tools or my guns with out asking... He knew right from wrong at a early age like my Dad taught me.

He is still a big part of my life and so is my grandson and my son has become a man I admire for his qualities, and you gays sure didn't teach him anything at all.

Beating up gays that don't stop when asked politely once is fine by me. I don't ask twice.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
He also condones beating on children and gays, so my respect for him is about a zero right now.
Beating children si sometimes neccesary, It is called discipline. I was hit as a child, and I am a better man because of it.

When did the poster in question ever advocate for beating homosexuals?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Nullification is still legal.
Yep. There is a bill going through congress right now that will nullify DOMA. It's called the respect for marriage act.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 PM

Btw, I was just checking my work email, and the county supervisor sent an all-staff announcement of a staff member's recent delivery (baby boy). Is that inappropriate too? If we're going to call "TMI" over this anchor's pregnancy announcement, shouldn't those standards apply to straight people too? Oh, and she (my co-worker) also talks about her husband sometimes, and told us she was pregnant @ around 5 months.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep. There is a bill going through congress right now that will nullify DOMA. It's called the respect for marriage act.
I am opposed to DOMA.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Beating on children? A spanking is not beating on children when it is your own child. What was beatings in my day was allowed by 1st grade teachers and because i was born left handed it was fine for the female teatcher to put me in a trash can at the head of class and slap my left hand with a yard stick when I attempted to use it. Don't be telling me how soft and frail people are not even females.

And yes I taught my son that if he gave me lip and back talk when he was 4 or 5 that he was getting a spanking. He never once messed with my tools or my guns with out asking... He knew right from wrong at a early age like my Dad taught me.

He is still a big part of my life and so is my grandson and my son has become a man I admire for his qualities, and you gays sure didn't teach him anything at all.

Beating up gays that don't stop when asked politely once is fine by me. I don't ask twice.
I'm not gay, which I've said numerous times by now - and I disagree that hitting a child is necessary or productive. But as I also said, it's none of my business how other people raise their children. Why you care about how other people live their lives, I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies