Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kudos to you!

I've seen far too many fine young adults raised by single parents to believe this nonesense that a child raisd by two parents of the same sex is doomed merely because they don't grow-up in a 'traditional household, one which may often involve a cheating spouse, an alcoholic spouse, a precription drug abusing spouse, etc., etc., etc.. The gender of the parents pales in importance compared to many other factors.
People are people, their are mean drunks who sleep around, and abuse children, and they can be gay or straight. So what's your point?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And I have two teenage granddaughters.

And I am happy for this world they are inheriting - at least as far as this particular issue (some of the other stuff - not so much).
Not me.... You and I thru Obama just handed these kids a nightmare. My 4 year old grandson already owes the feds 50 k.

You and I are passing on HELL in a Hand Basket.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM

491 posts, read 373,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are you really incapable of understanding the difference between the actions of those above the age of consent and those below?

You should be careful, you may get sued for misuse of a trademarked name in your user name.
The "age of consent" is only defined by law, which can and has been changed.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not me.... You and I thru Obama just handed these kids a nightmare. My 4 year old grandson already owes the feds 50 k.

You and I are passing on HELL in a Hand Basket.
I feel sorry for my grandchildren, and their own parents voted to reelect 0bama, because their lives are so busy, and the get their news from their MSN homepage on IE and they watch the Daily Show and Bill Maher. They are cluless about current events.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,286,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Well, they certain can engage in it. (Who's to stop it? Heck, I'm not a policewoman out there checking out who's boinking whom, and certainly the mentally ill have ended up getting people pregnant.) But the mentally ill fall into a special category within the law. For example, the mentally ill cannot automatically contract, and that applies to all contracts, including the marriage contract.
One must take care when using the phrase 'mentally ill'. There are millions out there who have a mental illness. But they may take meds or get therapy and work and have families and lead a functional life. Only a sliver are sufficently unable to manage life that not only are they considered disabled, but have decisions made by other people. It is ONLY that small sliver effected by legal constraints.

Just explaining.

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Try reading the 14th.

This silly post of yours just proves how you position on the issue cannot stand up to logic. The color of a person's skin does not alter a person with regard to their gender, except cosmetically, a change in person's gender does. Your post is ignorant.
My position has already stood up in court. And is in the supreme court now. Whereas the marriage is for procreation position was shot down already by at least 2 courts, and was laughed off by a SC justice.

491 posts, read 373,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are not my dad, you have no right to punish anyone who is breaking no law. In fact you have no right to punish anyone who IS breaking the law. That is why we have a judicial system.

Try your crap with me, and I'll own your rig, your house, and your horse.
The people have the right to punish anyone who is technicaly in violation of law - that is why when I have been arrested the case on the docket read People of California vs. Mensa130(substitute for my real name).

What is your point?

I have been arrested several times but only convicted twice, and only sentenced to probation on misdemeanors.

I pled guilty to both.

Oh, I was tried and convicted of not wearing a seatbelt. I forgot about that one. That is the only thing that I pled not guilty to.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yup sure do..... You know it and my wife wears these dresses too. I do the bead work and made all that silver by hand. it's all sterling too.

I have worked in a lot of rest stops making silver and even sold some because on lookers become curios.

Nice work.

What tribe are you?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
The "age of consent" is only defined by law, which can and has been changed.
State-by-State Marriage "Age of Consent" Laws - FindLaw

Our marriage laws are defined differently in every state, the SCOTUS has no business deciding marriage laws for an entire nation, that sure as hell would not be federalism, in a representative form of government.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 PM

30,395 posts, read 52,006,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I feel sorry for my grandchildren, and their own parents voted to reelect 0bama, because their lives are so busy, and the get their news from their MSN homepage on IE and they watch the Daily Show and Bill Maher. They are cluless about current events.
I don't read MSN (unless I click on a news link from Yahoo), haven't watched Jon Stewart in years, and only catch Bill Maher maybe once every 4-5 episodes. I know plenty about current events, work in the field of research, and still thought Obama was the better choice... not perfect, by any means, but I didn't want to throw my vote away on Johnson and Romney was a joke. JMO, though, and unlike you I won't make baseless personal attacks based on how YOU chose to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies