Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:08 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

Advertisements

Hans Blix did not report that all was well, and Saddam's limited allowance at the last minute for inspection is not something that undid all of his other actions.

Blix's report addressed the fact that Iraq was continuing to manufacture components of the al-Samud II missile system, in violation of UN Resolution 687 and the monitoring plan adopted by Resolution 715. He referenced the discovery of 380 missile engines, designed for use in the prohibited weapons system, and pointed out that Iraq had imported the engines in violation of the UN ban. He also specifically mentioned 1,000 tons of chemical agent that the Iraqi government could not (or would not) account for.

So to pretend that it was all roses until we started firing missiles is a fabrication, and ignores that there were glaring issues. Calling all the information that Bush acted on false and calling him a war criminal for his actions is simply rhetoric. No one has a problem with all the Dems who voted for the war who had reviewed all the information leading up to the war.

Chelsea Clinton is not a dog. Rush Limbaugh doesn't hate children.

There, am I on topic now? At least I'm trying!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
We are so off topic here, I wonder if we should rename the thread?
It all started innocently enough. I think we have spent 5 pages discussuing subtleties apparent in the nature of truth as told by Rush Limbaugh (and some of his consorts) as those might (eventually) relate to his attitude toward children. For instance, I would say that a rather clear case has been emerging to suggest that Rush et al wish to deny to the next generation a full and complete understanding of their own history by twisting and distorting it to make it all appear as having been other than what it actually was. The question as to whether this alone is sufficient to qualify as evidence of an actual hatred of children is still open in my own mind. I believe we will need additional discussion in order to resolve this matter in full...

Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
How about starting another thread. No obligation, just a thought!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Hans Blix did not report that all was well, and Saddam's limited allowance at the last minute for inspection is not something that undid all of his other actions.
All is not well in a great many places, including here. This is not and was not the standard for determining the need for pre-emptive wars. But Bush was in a hurry, lest Blix and his boys soon prove to everyone's satisfaction that no such pre-emptive war was justified to begin with. I believe Dr. Blix has left a reasonably clear record of his impressions regarding Bush's actions. Those might differ rather considerably from yours.

Quote:
So to pretend that it was all roses until we started firing missiles is a fabrication, and ignores that there were glaring issues.
There is a variety of means for dealing with glaring issues. Pre-emptive war is one of those, but it is a last resort. So much so that its unjustified use is classified as a war crime.

Quote:
Calling all the information that Bush acted on false and calling him a war criminal for his actions is simply rhetoric.
No one has claimed all. All is not pertinent. The question is over what part of the information that Bush relied upon in justifying the conduct of a pre-emptive war was factual. The answer thus far seems to be very little.

Quote:
No one has a problem with all the Dems who voted for the war who had reviewed all the information leading up to the war.
They did not have all the information, and people were told that they would be voting for peace...that it was their patriotic duty to stand behind the President as he prepared to go to the United Nations and exhort them expeditiously to resolve the situation in Iraq so that the United States would not have to. That, of course, was another lie...

...that Rush, the child-hater, nonetheless hopes to see presented as true in our children's history books. Oh, how his hatred of children drives him to poison little minds. It's a disgrace, I say...

Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM

223 posts, read 604,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lets try talking about something current, not something that happened TEN years ago.. Perhapse we should look at all of the left wing lies when they say the right wing "hates" children.. He's a radio show hosts (thats all he is.. a talk show host, sad to see a radio show bothers you so much)
Oh, but its fine when the right brings up Clinton right?

What a bunch of hypocrties republicans are.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:09 AM

I am aware of Blix's feelings regarding Bush's actions. That is beside the point. The point being that Blix did in fact find problems while he was there, and this was a last minute thing as well, and did not in anyway at all clear up any issues. 1000 tons of chemical agents unaccounted is a problem IMO.

Chelsea Clinton hates children.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I am aware of Blix's feelings regarding Bush's actions. That is beside the point. The point being that Blix did in fact find problems while he was there, and this was a last minute thing as well, and did not in anyway at all clear up any issues.
The only reason it turned out to be last-minute was that Bush went ahead and invaded. Absent that, and even with back and forth over getting access to this, that, and the other thing, a proof of there being no more WMD in Iraq would have been forthcoming in a timely manner from UN efforts, Saddam would have continued to be neutralized, and history would have been very different, likely in some rather positive ways.

Quote:
1000 tons of chemical agents unaccounted is a problem IMO.
A paperwork problem. As in we destroyed them 12 years ago, but didn't maintain the contemporaneous paper trail to document it.

Quote:
Chelsea Clinton hates children.
Children who admire Chelsea Clinton are among the first to realize that Rush hates them...

Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
Not sure if Rush likes kids, but he sure likes food, drugs, prostitutes (he's a sex tourist), and welfare (former welfare recipient before he made it big). He also likes to evade the draft and get divorced.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Not sure if Rush likes kids, but he sure likes food, drugs, prostitutes (he's a sex tourist), and welfare (former welfare recipient before he made it big). He also likes to evade the draft and get divorced.
Thanks for enlightenment and profound contribution. I would be careful with defamatory claims like this on a public forum.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The only reason it turned out to be last-minute was that Bush went ahead and invaded. Absent that, and even with back and forth over getting access to this, that, and the other thing, a proof of there being no more WMD in Iraq would have been forthcoming in a timely manner from UN efforts, Saddam would have continued to be neutralized, and history would have been very different, likely in some rather positive ways.
Regardless, Saddam had been playing his games for many years, and Clinton and Gore railed about how dangerous he was with his WMD's for a long time before Bush even jumped into the presidential race. We can play "if we would have waited game" till the cows come home, but the fact is we had already waited for years for Saddam to play by the rules set forth by the UN. The UN should get out of the business of making rules anyway since they don't care to enforce them.

Quote:
Children who admire Chelsea Clinton are among the first to realize that Rush hates them...
I wonder if the children who will benefit from the $4million Rush raised to help them will feel hated as they are given aid. (I'm betting you'll use the "publicity stunt" excuse).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies