Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times

Advertisements

I posted this elsewhere 3 minutes before the thread was locked so I am starting it as a new thread...

Here is what Rush did (and I saw it myself during the original airing, this isn't based upon rumors).

It was on his short-lived TV show.

He said, lets see the "White House Cat" and they put a picture of Socks the cat up on the screen (up in the corner, like on the evening news w/ Rush being in the "anchorman" spot)

Then he said, "OK, lets see the White House dog" and they put a picture of Chelsea up (who was about 12 at the time). Rush then gave an exceptionally unconvincing "Oops" and then later claimed that it was a mistake by the technician and wouldn't even own up to it (there's a real man for you). What would the point of the segment have been if it wasn't about Chelsea?

In that instance it was a direct attack on a little girl (on national TV) who's only crime was that her daddy was someone Rush hated. Pretty creepy stuff if you ask me. Sure, kids get teased for their looks all the time, but we tend to call the people who do it Bullies and they tend to get suspended for it. Why do ditto-heads want to praise this waste of skin instead?

Also... does anybody really think Rush sold the letter from the Democrats to help kids? I think that trying to make the Senate look bad was the real goal, and the helping kids thing was an afterthought. Would he have still done it if it made the Senate look good while helping kids? If so, maybe he can auction off his arrest warrant, the receipts for the 4 or so times he was in rehab, or a copy of the plea deal he made with the prosecutor. I'll bet that will raise quite a few $$$ for kids too!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I posted this elsewhere 3 minutes before the thread was locked so I am starting it as a new thread...

Here is what Rush did (and I saw it myself during the original airing, this isn't based upon rumors).

He said, lets see the "White House Cat" and they put a picture of Socks the cat up on the screen (up in the corner, like on the evening news w/ Rush being in the "anchorman" spot)

Then he said, "OK, lets see the White House dog" and they put a picture of Chelsea up (who was about 12 at the time). Rush then gave an exceptionally unconvincing "Oops" and then later claimed that it was a mistake by the technician and wouldn't even own up to it (there's a real man for you). What would the point of the segment have been if it wasn't about Chelsea?

In that instance it was a direct attack on a little girl (on national TV) who's only crime was that her daddy was someone Rush hated. Pretty creepy stuff if you ask me. Sure, kids get teased for their looks all the time, but we tend to call the people who do it Bullies and they tend to get suspended for it. Why do ditto-heads want to praise this waste of skin instead?

Also... does anybody really think Rush sold the letter from the Democrats to help kids? I think that trying to make the Senate look bad was the real goal, and the helping kids thing was an afterthought. Would he have still done it if it made the Senate look good while helping kids? If so, maybe he can auction off his arrest warrant, the receipts for the 4 or so times he was in rehab, or a copy of the plea deal he made with the prosecutor. I'll bet that will raise quite a few $$$ for kids too!
rush is a strange guy. a fat man with a loud mouth and tie.
yet people are very attracted to him. i dont get it.
my uncles and aunts adore him.
gag me with a spoon
stephen s

Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
He's an entertainer and that was long ago. It's time to move on.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:43 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Yeah, really. It was a very long time ago. Good grief.

And yes, he did it to help children, but being the savy and intelligent guy he is he also did it to turn the situation around, a negative turned into positive. Helping the country but also sticking it to someone who falsey charged him and tried to make him look bad. Brilliant!.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
If you support the war, you're a true soldier. If you oppose the war, you're a phony soldier. Pretty clear what he said...pretty clear what he meant. All the e-bay auctions in the world aren't going to change that...

Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
... tried to make him look bad.
That's IMPOSSIBLE!! He is BAD! I've seen prettier dead chickens at Costco!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
If you support the war, you're a true soldier. If you oppose the war, you're a phony soldier. Pretty clear what he said...pretty clear what he meant. All the e-bay auctions in the world aren't going to change that...
not that i agree with your premise but isnt a a soldier who opposes war kind of like a football player who opposes competition! remember there is no draft! does anyone really think rush limbaugh HATES children, or is this more leftist sensationalism about a guy who makes a really good living getting liberals fired up! Interesting how on one hand he doesnt matter and is irrelavant but on the other we keep seeing threads about him!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
not that i agree with your premise but isnt a a soldier who opposes war kind of like a football player who opposes competition! remember there is no draft!
Ah, the voice of reason! Tried to rep ya but I have to spread it around.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Once again taken out of context from the message. This message was in relation to socalled hero soldiers who came back from the war and protested it. The soldiers in question turned out not to be what they claimed.
ie they were claiming to have been in heavy combat, some claimed to have been wounded etc. The fact is they were in support roles in noncombat units.
What Rush was talking about was guys who lied about their service...
Truth is most of us vets detest such people who would lie about combat. But what we detest even more are the politicians that use such to hammer our troops.
No big fan of Rush but that is the context of the show in question.
As for the charity. He has been a supporter and donator since its begining so says some Marine col who has been coordinating it.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post

Lets try talking about something current, not something that happened TEN years ago.. Perhapse we should look at all of the left wing lies when they say the right wing "hates" children.. He's a radio show hosts (thats all he is.. a talk show host, sad to see a radio show bothers you so much)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies