Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
And that would be you clearly.....
Says the guy who watched a big-kid documentary (propaganda film no doubt funded by the organic food lobby) and ran around like chicken little as soon as the final credits rolled. Hook, line, and sinker. The movie was targeted at saps, and it hit it's mark. Now they all run around doing the organic food lobby's marketing for them, you were played like a fiddle by big biz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ_Qc...e_gdata_player

Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Says the guy who watched a big-kid documentary (propaganda film no doubt funded by the organic food lobby) and ran around like chicken little as soon as the final credits rolled. Hook, line, and sinker. The movie was targeted at saps, and it hit it's mark. Now they all run around doing the organic food lobby's marketing for them, you were played like a fiddle by big biz.
Lol. You obviously haven't seen it. It's hardly propaganda.

Who are these Organic Food lobby's??

Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Lol. You obviously haven't seen it. It's hardly propaganda.

Who are these Organic Food lobby's??
are you kidding? the organic food industry has exploded, 1 billion in 1990, 50 billion in 2010 ,and expected to be over 100 billion by 2015. its one of the fastest growing big bizes around. There are thousands of lobbying groups. Are you seriously telling me you have not heard anything from the organic food industry yet? They are all over the place. Have you been on social media in the last decade? Who do you think is leading the anti-gmo charge? just follow the money.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So here's the thing, smittyjohnny.

Does it bother me that Obama signed this? Yes. Yes it does. I'm not really a "liberal" nor an "Obama voter", but I do have high expectations for the man.

But look at who pushed the damned thing -- a Missouri Republican. This makes Democrats look inept, sure, but it makes Republicans look evil.

I'm not saying you had any credibility to begin with, don't get me wrong -- but you're squarely in negative territory if you think the blame lies solely on the president.

Who signed it?

Goddamnit when will he accept responsibility! He could have said NO
I'm not signing this crap!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Who signed it?

Goddamnit when will he accept responsibility! He could have said NO
I'm not signing this crap!
And that would've had severe consequences for the economy.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I find it hard to believe that government intentionally want us ill. This is why this topic is so interesting. Its like I feel like I am a nut if I believe it but sometimes I cant help but believe it.
well, the senator who (allegedly) added this rider is from Missouri, which is where Monsanto's HQ is.

this doesn't seem to have widespread support from either party , necessarily, it is just this one guy's version of 'bringing home the bacon'.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,642 times
From the cite, and hitting the nail directly on the head: "no matter how convincing politicians appear on the campaign trail, they are still sociopathic liars in the end." Obama betrays America yet again by signing the 'Monsanto Protection Act' into law

Obama SAID all the right things, then did the exact opposite when in power. And liberals continue to support him, after 5 years of handing taxpayer bailouts to Big Business and helping the working class and lower classes get poorer and poorer?

Have so many voters not yet learned that ACTIONS matter, not words? How many years of economic Depression does it TAKE for liberals to wake up and see they're slashing their own throats?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
for most people they dont even understand whats wrong with gmo's/ can one explain is it that bad??? Just asking.
Genetically modified foods have had specific changes (usually from another species and most times bacteria) introduced into their DNA by genetic engineering techniques. Not only does this risk our health, it also risks the health of the earth. Monsantos use of these crops and their Round-pesticide has destroyed farmland and has also had a great effect upon other species such as the bees and butterflys.

Monsanto has a monopoly on these seeds and it is an endless source of income for them because farmers can only purchase the seeds from them every year (since they have patented them and farmers aren't allowed to save their seeds) and they must also purchase the pesticides from them.

Genetically modified foods affect the human physiology. A study of people in the Philippines reported that their bodies developed antibodies to Bt toxin. What this means is that, the human body processed these engineered traits into their guts and reacted to them. These same consumers of the GMO corn in the Philippines also developed a resistance to the antibiotic ampicillin. This antibiotic resistance is something that science hadn't foreseen-which is indicative of questionable experimentation and not enough testing. And it makes me wonder if there is a bigger picture at hand. Maybe to create more illness and sell you more pharmaceuticals?

The USDA, Monsanto and AstraZeneca, have contrived a way to make money on two fronts: First they make money on gene modification. Second, they make money because farmers have to pay them annually to continue to grow crops. It's apparently dollars and cents all the way, no sense of human protection involved. The USDA is actually in business with Monsanto in owning some of the genetic engineering technology patents.

Now that POTUS had his head up his arse and signed that bill, Monsanto has free range to do whatever they want because they cannot be held responsible for any damage these GMOs do to the environment or to us. It's bad news all around.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
thanks for the answer!! So in otherwords Monsanto can take over the whole food supply.
EXACTLY...and that is their intention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies