Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
(Very appropriate image)

Who is spouting "bigotry?" Those you don't agree with?
Take a look at the post that started this thread up again after it was dead for several weeks.....

Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Awww, you don't think I'm "decent?" Look ---> <----- see that? That's how much I care.

But, in honor of the spirit of the first Amendment's dual meaning of freedom of speech AND your obsessive Jewishness I'm going to recommend to you the following movies, so you can learn more about parts of your community you want to sweep under the rug:

Have fun! (Don't watch the last one while the Mrs. is around. She'll start wondering why she ever settled.
You know one of the "Lesbians" from that movie is now married (to a man) with children.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
you don't understand that the first amendment is to protect decent people from people like you.
I don't think you understand what the first amendment means....and where does it say "protect decent people from people like you?"

Quote:
You know one of the "Lesbians" from that movie is now married (to a man) with children.
And your point being? Are you saying a lesbian can't be bi? I don't think you know how sexual orientation works either.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Bigotry :
: the state of mind of a bigot

: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot

Bigot:
a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

I'm not the one spouting lies, nonsense, hatred and intolerance against gays.
Now look up "disagreement."

Disagreeing with something does not automatically make one a bigot.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Take a look at the post that started this thread up again after it was dead for several weeks.....
The OP was posting a quote from Hillary. How is that "bigoted?"

Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you understand what the first amendment means....and where does it say "protect decent people from people like you?"
"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
if people like him try to ban religion through anti discrimination "laws".
the first amendment protects us.

Quote:
And your point being? Are you saying a lesbian can't be bi? I don't think you know how sexual orientation works either.
she claimed to be only attracted to women. then the opposite.

all gays are truly bi. (and then only due to their perverse attitudes)

your "understanding of sexual orientation" just shows you bought in to the big lie.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
if people like him try to ban religion through anti discrimination "laws".
the first amendment protects us.

she claimed to be only attracted to women. then the opposite.

all gays are truly bi. (and then only due to their perverse attitudes)

your "understanding of sexual orientation" just shows you bought in to the big lie.
Believe whatever you want but obviously you don't have a strong grasp on human sexuality or animal sexuality for that matter.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
The OP was posting a quote from Hillary. How is that "bigoted?"

Quote:

you seem to be missing some critical info...

Old 04-26-2013, 04:40 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Bigotry :
: the state of mind of a bigot

: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot

Bigot:
a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

I'm not the one spouting lies, nonsense, hatred and intolerance against gays.
As your definitions imply, those so quick to call someone a bigot, often display the most bigotry because they think that anybody who doesn't think like THEY do, must be a "homophobe," "bigot" etc.

If you notice, that which has been stated about those with homosexual fetishes by those not for same-sex-marriage are pointing to WHY marriage should not be based on fetishes, instead of just "spouting" out logical fallacies (like ad hominem attacks - "bigot" or "homophobe", or strawmen - taking this off topic) without any reasonable evidence to back it up.

Also, I notice you refer to those with homosexual preferences as "gays" - which is typical of bullies. Bullies usually find one of many attributes of a person and call them by that, as if that one little attribute constitutes the entire person... ie "big ears" - - "gays." You have displayed your own prejudices in trying to shame people for identifying the practice of homosexual fetishes a disorder that according to the US CDC, proves to be harmful. This makes me wonder if you might call your doctor a prude or other name, for telling you of health disorders detected.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Now look up "disagreement."

Disagreeing with something does not automatically make one a bigot.
Exactly...
In fact, bigotry is the intollerance of anybody who disagrees with another's viewpoint.

Bigotry is the inability to even consider that another may have a valid viewpoint, even if one disagrees with it. I can see how people would be persuaded to legally redefine marriage around sexual fetishes - especially when they have been bombarded with many medical, social and developmental lies. I can understand that those with homsexual fetishes have real desires for those of the same sex - but I also can see the medical, social and psychological explanations.

The negative thing about bigotry is a lack of freedom - one is tied to one perspective, even if it is based on lies, or half truths, which prove to motivate dysfunctional behavior. The positive thing about understanding multiple perspectives is that there is empathy for others' point of view, but one can also see which, of the many perspectives, is most truthful and health-promoting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies