Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times

Advertisements

People are beaten to death every day, Zimmerman had ample reason to believe he was in danger of being killed or seriously injured. The fact that he didn't pull the trigger until after he was bloodied by Martin shows he was exercising restraint and not being violently impulsive (unlike his assailant).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
People are beaten to death every day, Zimmerman had ample reason to believe he was in danger of being killed or seriously injured. The fact that he didn't pull the trigger until after he was bloodied by Martin shows he was exercising restraint and not being violently impulsive (unlike his assailant).

Really? People are beaten to death every day? So we should all walk around being very concerned about being beaten to death if we're following a stranger at night?

EXACTLY how do you know how Zimmerman's head was "bloodied"? All you have is his word, and he has every reason in the world to lie. His freedom is at stake.

You also don't know exactly when he pulled the trigger, other than his word. In fact, I would think that it was Zimmerman's lack of impulse control which caused him to follow Martin in the first place.

You seem to "know" exactly and only what the "media" has told you. Aren't you one of those people who believe that the media does nothing but lie?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Shouldn't rental cops be trained in that type of incident? Could he not have fatally shot him at least? Lastly i know Black people can fight but damn, He couldn't even try and wrestle him off or something?

Actually, George Zimmerman wasn't acting in any official capacity. He had at one time tried to start a Neighborhood Watch group in the development, but it fizzled out. The national NW is very clear on two things: A watch member is to call LE and not follow suspects, and a watch member isn't authorized or encouraged to carry a weapon. Zimmerman wasn't shooting to maim and disable, he was shooting to kill. According to the Medical Examiner's report, the bullet had a straight front-to-back trajectory. It essentially blew off the left side of Martin's heart. At least one witness stated that they had heard arguing for a few minutes before the shot was fired; if Martin saw Zimmerman's weapon at some point during this argument, then he would have certainly been fighting for his life. No matter that he was younger and more athletic; the way the conflict would end was decided by George Zimmerman.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
You are being deliberately obtuse FancyFeast. Zimmerman wasn't walking around worried about being beaten. He WAS being beaten. I don't have to take Zimmerman's word that he was bloodied, there are photos and police and paramedic reports stating that. Several eyewitnesses saw Martin on top of Zimmerman throwing punches.
And no, I am not one of "those people" who think the media does nothing but lie. But there have been lies and distortions in the media primarily coming from Benjamin Crump and his PR people, the "Justice for Trayvon" lynch mob and other assorted useful idiots, some posting on this website.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-05-2013 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
You are being deliberately obtuse FancyFeast. Zimmerman wasn't walking around worried about being beaten. He WAS being beaten. I don't have to take Zimmerman's word that he was bloodied, there are photos and police and paramedic reports stating that. Several eyewitnesses saw Martin on top of Zimmerman throwing punches.
And no, I am not one of "those people" who think the media does nothing but lie. But there have been lies and distortions in the media primarily coming from Benjamin Crump and his PR people, the "Justice for Trayvon" lynch mob and other assorted useful idiots, some posting on this website.
And I don't have a clue what you mean by "conspiracies."

So, tell us who these people are who are posting on this website with "connections" to Crump and Trayvon's family and supporters, the people you claim are posting distortions and lies here on this website.

Your clumsy attempt to put me on the defensive was a big fail.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-05-2013 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
I am confused by the misinformation spread by the OP. Clearly, there is much known about this case and it all supports Zimmerman.

FACT: Witness statement: The man recalled seeing “a black male, wearing a dark colored ‘hoodie’ on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.” The black male, he added, “was mounted on the white or Hispanic male and throwing punches ‘MMA (mixed martial arts) style.’”

The witness–who was in his living room and about 30 feet away from the confrontation– said he called out to the two men that he was dialing 911. “He then heard a ‘pop,’” police reported, and saw the black male “laid out on the grass.”

FACT: the discovery of video from Trayvon Martin’s YouTube account, removed at some point, that shows he was actually involved in some sort of underground “fight club.”

FACT: Martin was on drugs. According to the autopsy report made public record by the Office of the Medial Examiner, the blood from Martin’s chest contained 1.5 ng/ML of THC, a drug commonly found in marijuana. There was about 7.3ng/mL of THC carboxy, the by-product of the body’s metabolism of THC.

Depending on the amount of THC consumed and the frequency in which it is consumed, THC carboxy can stay in a person’s system from somewhere between two weeks to a month, according to WBTV. THC itself can stay in the body for as long as four hours.

FACT: Zimmerman was NOT racial profiling. Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that Martin caught his eye because “this guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something… it’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.” Only then did the dispatcher specifically ask about Martin’s race, and request a description of his clothing.

FACT: There is not one shred of evidence to support the prosecutor’s contention that Zimmerman provoked the encounter. Neighborhood Watch patrols are not illegal. There is no evidence that Zimmerman shouted any “fighting words” at Martin.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I am confused by the misinformation spread by the OP. Clearly, there is much known about this case and it all supports Zimmerman.

FACT: Witness statement: The man recalled seeing “a black male, wearing a dark colored ‘hoodie’ on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.” The black male, he added, “was mounted on the white or Hispanic male and throwing punches ‘MMA (mixed martial arts) style.’”

The witness–who was in his living room and about 30 feet away from the confrontation– said he called out to the two men that he was dialing 911. “He then heard a ‘pop,’” police reported, and saw the black male “laid out on the grass.”

FACT: the discovery of video from Trayvon Martin’s YouTube account, removed at some point, that shows he was actually involved in some sort of underground “fight club.”

FACT: Martin was on drugs. According to the autopsy report made public record by the Office of the Medial Examiner, the blood from Martin’s chest contained 1.5 ng/ML of THC, a drug commonly found in marijuana. There was about 7.3ng/mL of THC carboxy, the by-product of the body’s metabolism of THC.

Depending on the amount of THC consumed and the frequency in which it is consumed, THC carboxy can stay in a person’s system from somewhere between two weeks to a month, according to WBTV. THC itself can stay in the body for as long as four hours.

FACT: Zimmerman was NOT racial profiling. Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that Martin caught his eye because “this guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something… it’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.” Only then did the dispatcher specifically ask about Martin’s race, and request a description of his clothing.

FACT: There is not one shred of evidence to support the prosecutor’s contention that Zimmerman provoked the encounter. Neighborhood Watch patrols are not illegal. There is no evidence that Zimmerman shouted any “fighting words” at Martin.
The guy who said he saw the guy on top throwing mma-style blows changed his story [as did a few other witnesses].

Whether the amount of thc in tm's blood indictes he smoked the night he was killed is debateable. My opinion, unsupported by facts, is that his 7-11 trip wasn't solely to buy snacks.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
I am embarrassed to admit, I was suckered by the Martins at the beginning...for about 5 minutes. Like most, I was horrified by the original narrative of the story: a small, black child was shot dead while minding his own business walking in a gated community by a huge white man, and the police refused to arrest the killer because he was the privileged son of a former judge. I was upset by the injustice...then I matched the age of Martin to the photo of the child and figured...either Martin was a very young looking 17-year old, or there was more to the story. Turns out that there was a lot more to the story.

Honestly, I don't know exactly what happened the night of the shooting, but I do know that the original narrative presented by the Martin family attorneys was embellished to generate sympathy and to put pressure on the police. Perhaps the Martins truly feel their son was murdered, and the ends justify the means. But Martin means nothing to be personally, I don't have the luxury of replacing emotion with logic.

Therefore, I study the facts as they are presented, and so far, I don't see how anyone can say Zimmerman murdered Martin in cold blood. I guess we will see what happens during the trial, but I wonder if all of the facts were known in March 2012 – like, the star witness for the prosecution, the so-called girlfriend, was lying - would there even be a trial?
Yep, me too.

Baby pictures and an opponent as white as Obama? Well, let's just say all of those lies and hype didn't help.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
It is looking more and more like this case will fail for sure. The telephone witness depositions have SERIOUS problems and holes in them. I have heard that DEE DEE has perjured herself already.

Also the firm responsible for the 9/11 class action lawsuits is representing Zimmerman in civil suits against the news organizations who reported false information and doctored tapes.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
The newest documents filed yesterdat show that ABC lost/destroyed all but 5 minutes of their exclusive interview with the "star" witness. Why would a news organization get rid of their exclusive tape when the trial hasn't happened yet? That's the kind of things they use during the trial and then afterwords for their Dateline, 48 Hours type specials. It's definitely an unusual event.

The 5 minutes they still have prove that the attorney for the Martin family lied in his written deposition to the court. So he has committed perjury.

The defense has filed two seperate motions for sanctions against the prosecution for withholding evidence and blocking the videotaping the "girlfriend's" deposition.

The prosecution admitted in their response that they have withheld evidence, and they also attached some other evidence they have been withholding to their response, lol. Legal analysts said it sounded like the prosecutor wrote his reply while he was drunk at 2 am, and another legal analysts said it was so unprofessional it was embarrassing to the whole legal system in FL.

In the prosection's response to the blocking of the videotaping, they said that they were properly served notice of videotaping as required by law on two occassions, but they didn't notice the part about the videotaping. So they think failure to read the documents is an excuse. The judge ruled that the videotaping should have been allowed. Now it's just a matter of whether she will allow the sanctions that the defense is requesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies