Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,259,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake. No one even knows what Jesus looked like, so how could they put His picture on Google? As if He would have cared, anyway.
I'll bet He looked a lot more like Saddam Hussein than he did George W. Bush.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
By hoarding it all for himself.......we should all follow a leader like that. Devote Christian I guess he learned a lesson about what the truth is of being a Christian and not his idea of Christianity.

Hugo Chavez Dead: Net Worth Of $2 Billion For Venezuela Dictator
I hope you are joking. You do realize that Cesar Chavez (CESAR CHAVEZ FOUNDATION) is not the same as Hugo Chavez.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,673,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The liberal attack on Christianity continues. Hopefully later this morning as millions upon millions of Americans head to church for Easter, Google will do the right thing and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on their doodle.
When you create the world's most successful and practical search engine you will have the opportunity to put whatever you want on your home page every day of the year.

As for Google, it's obvious to anyone with a brain that part of the appeal of their doodles is their unpredictability. I don't think they're interested in having you dictate what they put on their page.

(If I were a conservative, like the ones whining about Ben Carson and the Johns Hopkins graduation, I'd throw something in about how you want to violate Google's right to freedom of speech, but I know that the First Amendment doesn't bar the uninformed from complaining about any imaginary issue they want.)

Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,852,214 times
What a better way to honor the ministry of Jesus Christ then to honor someone who worked on behave of the least of these.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,[a] you did it to me.’

Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,251,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While Google may prefer to celebrate Chavez on this day I prefer to celebrate two other items.
One is religious and the other is secular.

Happy Easter my C-D friends !!

Happy Easter Tex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
By hoarding it all for himself.......we should all follow a leader like that. Devote Christian I guess he learned a lesson about what the truth is of being a Christian and not his idea of Christianity.

Hugo Chavez Dead: Net Worth Of $2 Billion For Venezuela Dictator
Bbbbbut, there's no Christians living outside the USA!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I hope you are joking. You do realize that Cesar Chavez (CESAR CHAVEZ FOUNDATION) is not the same as Hugo Chavez.
Probably not.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times
Ceasar Chavez late leader of the American United Farm Workers. and whos birthday google is celebrating.

Hugo Chavez late leader of Venezuela.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Hey, they've got the same last name.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,993,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Google doesn't doodle any religious holidays of any faith.

Google Doodles

Muslims get upset with cartoons about their religion and Christians get upset when there are no cartoons.

Boo hoo and anguish because Google didn't cartoonize Jesus.
You are correct.

I viewed the Google Doodles on your above link for the past three years, and none had specific religious holiday doodles for any faith.

The only thing they do in December is have a generic "Happy Holidays" doodle.

I think it is very smart of Google to not link itself to religion.

Google is used by the entire world, and when you celebrate some specific religion, you are bound to make a different religious group angry.

Religious drawings can also sometimes trigger physical attacks by religious groups.

Last edited by RD5050; 03-31-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,029,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Perhaps the poster was thinking of Carlos Chavez, the Mexican composer and founder of the Mexican Symphony Orchestra.

It can be hard to tell them apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies