Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
If you are competing with illegals over a job, then you should learn some skills outside of washing dishing and picking agricultural products.

Immigration does not cost jobs since they are often not a substitute for native born workers. In fact, they often compliment native born workers and push their wages upwards.
Immigration and Wages: Methodological advancements confirm modest gains for native workers | Economic Policy Institute
Immigration, offshoring and US jobs: New evidence | vox
FRBSF Economic Letter: The Effect of Immigrants on U.S. Employment and Productivity (2010-26, 8/30/2010)
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/res...mmigration.pdf

Once again, right wingers rather purport unsubstantiated opinion, instead of looking at the evidence.
I oppose massive and unlimited immigration especially illegal immigration for the exact same reasons Cesar Chavez did because Cesar Chavez was smart enough to realize the illegals were brought in to bring down wages of American workers.

Cesar Chavez is not really a symbol of liberals today because liberals today want unlimited immigration and they are doing all they can to displace the American workers. Liberals today are dominated by the growers and that type, the Pelosi family for example that made it's millions on cheap illegal labor.

The simple truth is that if 300,000 jobs are created and 200,000 go to newly arriving immigrants, that's only 100,000 that will go to Americans. Immigration of course does cost jobs - and welfare handouts obviously. Illegals living here and low estimates have them at 11 million are obviously either living off welfare handouts or they are taking jobs and they certainly are not all working agricultural jobs as there are fewer than 1 million total jobs in agriculture and maybe 25% of them filled by illegals -- that would account for 250,000 jobs only.

I'm fine with Cesar Chavez day but it would be much better if the left quit lying about what he represented. He represented American workers and better wages. He was not an advocate of unlimited illegal immigration. Cesar Chavez was not for open borders.

Cesar Chavez was also not only a practicing Catholic, he was attending Mass daily -- strange the liberals have picked him up as someone to idolize.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
As a practicing Lutheran who has spent Holy Week very actively involved in church goings on, between my liberal ELCA church and my SO's somewhat more traditional Catholic parish, from Holy Thursday to Easter Vigil to this morning's services, I don't find anything Google does with their homepage to be remotely offensive. Why should I care? I don't look to my web browser for spiritual reverence. Why is this an issue? Just so some nutcases can give all spiritually-affiliated people a bad name?

Google is not instituting a "War on Christianity." People are nuts.
An excellent statement. You do have bulls herein that spend all of their time looking for china shops.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,988,749 times
This is how the new GOP hopes to attract minorities!.....LOL

Bad mouth Cesar Chavez!.....LOL

These old white bigots will never change their stripes! That's why the GOP is doomed for the next 30 years.

So sick of these whiney cry babies with their victimhood complex.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,981,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I dropped them this morning.

Many, many others have as well.

I will also continue to buy Apple products instead of Droid.
Apple is based in Cupertino, a Democrat-dominant town filled with immigrants, and was founded by an Atheist liberal. Oh yeah, and they also openly support gay rights. Hmmmm.

Is your faith really that crushed by Google's lack of an Easter tribute? How sad.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is how the new GOP hopes to attract minorities!.....LOL

Bad mouth Cesar Chavez!.....LOL

These old white bigots will never change their stripes! That's why the GOP is doomed for the next 30 years.

So sick of these whiney cry babies with their victimhood complex.
If the GOP is smart, they'll turn their backs on the radicals and look to guys like Hunstman. Hunstman is a Republican I would actually vote for, and that's no small accomplishment.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I dropped them this morning.

Many, many others have as well.

I will also continue to buy Apple products instead of Droid.
Source that many, many others have as well? Because I'm not buying it. Not that those "many, many" will affect Google. If it makes you feel better though...

Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalOne View Post
You liberals are a legend in your own mind. Children who do not know enough always think the know it all. They think anyone that disagrees with them is inferior. The idiots are THEM, they do not know enough to questions their owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalOne View Post
Liberals think that anyone who disagrees with them is inferior. Just like kids, they think they know it all. The idiots are them, who don't have enough gray matter to question their masters.
You thought this was such a brilliant comment, it was worth posting twice? Lolz.

Of course, it was a whiny conservative who started this thread, all because a PRIVATE company chose to honor one holiday (it's an official holiday in the county where Google is based) over another. So who's really intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them? Pot, meet kettle - and you might want to change your screen name, hehe.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,913,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Google doesn't doodle any religious holidays of any faith.

Google Doodles

Muslims get upset with cartoons about their religion and Christians get upset when there are no cartoons.

Boo hoo and anguish because Google didn't cartoonize Jesus.
I know. These self professed Christians are getting more than a little pathetic in their false claims of victimization.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I'm a Christian. While I'm a bit disappointed in Google's decision to honor Cesar Chavez today, it's not an earth shattering event in my life. I'm still celebrating the risen Christ with my family and friends. My faith is secure, and I do not feel my faith has been attacked by Google, although it is really an odd choice on their part. But theirs to make, and any explanation would be to their stockholders.
How is that an odd choice? They serve the entire WORLD, are based in a not-very-Christian area (where Cesar Chavez Day also happens to be an official holiday), and probably half or more of their local employees are not Christian - I would guess they have more Hindus, Sikhs, and Jews working for them than devout Christians. Glad to see you aren't taking it as seriously as the OP, though.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I know. These self professed Christians are getting more than a little pathetic in their false claims of victimization.
It is really pathetic. You didn't see me complaining about the lack of a Passover tribute this week, did you? And unlike most Christians in this country, I actually do celebrate that as a religious event only. But if Google were so important to affirming my faith, I would expect you all to yank my Jewish card immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies