Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:12 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Shades of Elmer Fudd!!! now the libs take up a double barrel shotgun and go after the "pesky wabbit"!!!

My how times have changed and yesterday's cartoons have become todays reality.
Oh yeah, because O'Reilly said so it must be true that all of us are campaigning against the Easter Bunny.

I don't believe or want to believe that conservatives hate women or minorities. Why do some of you try so hard to believe we liberals hate families, Christians, or whatever you think we hate this week?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,414 times
Attack on Christmas, attack on Easter, blah blah blah. Nobody ever complains about an attack on Yom Kippur or the Buddhist New Year. As I said in a similar thread, businesses cater to all religions and don't want to alienate any part of their customer base because it might hurt profits. What some Christians fail to recognize is that they dislike the ever-increasing religious diversity of this nation, rather than the business practices of private individuals and corporations that are seeking to make a profit.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
I have a war against the Easter bunny. It's a war every year to not eat the ears off before the kids get them.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Shades of Elmer Fudd!!! now the libs take up a double barrel shotgun and go after the "pesky wabbit"!!!

My how times have changed and yesterday's cartoons have become todays reality.
Is Thumper a conservative

Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
We have "In God We Trust" on our currency. Kids in school say "One nation, under God."

And yet you have the audacity to say Christianity is under attack. Get a grip. There are Christians in the world who actually are under attack and persecuted, and you want to ***** and moan about your situation?
The currency of the US did not start with any reference to any sky-daddy, religious zealots during the civil war pushed it.

The Pledge of Allegiance

In its original form it read:
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1923, the words, "the Flag of the United States of America" were added. At this time it read:
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Old 03-31-2013, 10:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Someone tell these morons that Santa Claus and Easter Bunny are not Christian figures.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Someone tell these morons that Santa Claus and Easter Bunny are not Christian figures.
Um...Santa is Jesus' bromie. As for the Easter Bunny, well...you know they had to come up with a chocolate something because they couldn't have kids taking bites out of chocolate crucifixes.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:29 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
But the Easter Bunny lives on ..........

His fur lines my gloves

Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
When are you folks going to give it up? There is no war between "secular progressives" and "traditional society".

If you believe someone was born from a virgin, and later, died and came back to life--that's your right; and I'll defend your right to engage in the personal celebration of holidays related to those beliefs.

However, there are many of us who are opposed to the forcing of Christian ideology onto society in general. An increasingly-large number of people in this country are not Christian: deal with that in your own way--be it tolerance or self-righteous indignation. We don't want to be forced to integrate your mythologies and symbologies into our citizenship.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Um...Santa is Jesus' bromie. As for the Easter Bunny, well...you know they had to come up with a chocolate something because they couldn't have kids taking bites out of chocolate crucifixes.
The rabbit is a symbol of 'estre', a Saxon fertility god. They used the rabbit (and eggs) because they symbolize fertility, and the Saxons celebrated 'estre' in spring. They have nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus, which is celebrated around the Jewish passover, which is when Jesus was crucified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.