Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Provong that these things can and should be taught in the home
Obviously some parents AREN'T teaching their children at home. Should the children suffer because their parents are crap?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I bet you dont call genitalia, or other body parts, for that matter, by their proper Latin names, do you?
OMG! Not in mixed company!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Quote:
Nothing like linking to the entire article.
The link is up. Do your own homework. Now defend the policy based on what I put up.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
OMG! Not in mixed company!
Or in any company at all, for that matter!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Does it matter? Or is sex drive predicated on wealth at 5 YO?
Different priorities for different people.

The mind is libidinous, and capable of sublimation, even, or possibly, moreso, at preadolescence.

I would rather see children taught, how to read, as well as being taught, to read.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I still fail to see how sex education is a left wing moral perversion.

Because it's not.

The OP can make that claim, but it doesn't necessarily be the truth.

I think we need an expert concerning what CPS is about, instead of this armchair quarterbacking claim that people don't know "nothing" about the CPS.

That might be a right wing propagandists idea though, that any and all public schools are left or liberal biased.

It's always better, in a right wing person's ideology that paying for private schools is better. In that way, the people who cannot afford to pay for private schools, well, their children just won't go to school at all, and only the well to do, affluent and rich, wealthy will only attend schools.

I don't like being a conspiracy theorist, and I can't find my tin foil hat, but that's basically what the right wing would prefer, to keep 50% or more of the American population dumbed down. Isn't it.

Seems like the right is always attacking public schools, and cutting education funds.

Show me where I said sex ed is a perversion.

And my claim about the CPS is accurate. So keep your snide retorts to yourself and refute what I posted..............or not.

You think the locals like CPS? LOL!

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-02-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Yeah, thats worked so well hasnt it?
I bet you dont call genitalia, or other body parts, for that matter, by their proper Latin names, do you?
Why do you think the Catholics stuck with Latin for so long?

Look what happened when they gave it up.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Show me where I said sex ed is a perversion.

And my claim about the CPS is accurate. So keep your snide retorts to yourself and refute what I posted..............or not.

You think the locals like CPS? LOL!

The rest of your rant is not unlike crying 'uncle' because, IMO, you've been exposed for your ignorance. It's okay. I understand your need to get in a meaningless shot. Gotta get some of that egg off your face. Life is chock full of hard lessons.
I didn't. I was referring to the OP.
stop condescending with the remarks already, can't you discuss without attacking someone?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I didn't. I was referring to the OP.
stop condescending with the remarks already, can't you discuss without attacking someone?
Is this from you? It looks an attack at me. Does it not? What did I misread?

I think we need an expert concerning what CPS is about, instead of this armchair quarterbacking claim that people don't know "nothing" about the CPS.

That might be a right wing propagandists idea though, that any and all public schools are left or liberal biased.

It's always better, in a right wing person's ideology that paying for private schools is better. In that way, the people who cannot afford to pay for private schools, well, their children just won't go to school at all, and only the well to do, affluent and rich, wealthy will only attend schools.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Sex education is important. They're not teaching "How to Have Sex 101." They're teaching normal human knowledge - what this is, what that is. What's wrong with that?

Damn, I thought I was kinda prudish, but evidently NOT! Why don't you pay more attention? The states where they're teaching ABSTINENCE are the states with the HIGHEST RATES of OUT-OF-WEDLOCK PREGNANCY.

THAT is what not teaching kids reality and truth leads to - a nightmare.
Well teaching sex ed in 5th grade didn't do them much good.
Cook county is #1 in the country for STDs and the CPS head said over 50% of their students are having sex.
There are about 415,000 students in the school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies