Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
are you telling me the average CEO would not demand the same??? Do they not ask for a salary comsumerate with what they themselves deem their "worth" is to the corporation??
If I am going to save your company 250K in one year.... you do not think I am worth paying that much to keep me there to continue to have at your disposal my unique talent to come up with more of these money saving ideas?? I am not worth that much to keep me from going to the competition???
Come on now. are you telling me you would not expect the same for yourself??
CEOs don't decide CEO salaries. The board does.

Do people have no concept of how business runs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
That information tells you nothing. All it is meaningless blather. No to know your true compensation is to know what you produce or add or make and how that makes the company money and how much others in your company earn and what shape financially the company is in.

The vast overwhelming majority of workers don't have that information and asking around or poking around is a poor substitute for the company just being open and honest about what everyone at the company earns, that would be very revealing and give employees more power to negotiate higher wages.
LOL, just as easy as that.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If you don't know what fair compensation for your work is, then you are a true unprepared idiot. There are MANY resources available to get that information. The real issue is laziness, people today want to be told what/how/when to do something and just don't want to think or are incapable of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, just as easy as that.
I didn't write anything about being easy

Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I didn't write anything about being easy
It's unworkable in the big picture. Once it's known that employee A got a 5k raise, employee B,C and D demand the same thing.

Employee A then demands more because he already felt he was worth more.

It's seems to be an odd concept to some that a business can't pay whatever it is the person thinks they are worth.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 AM

All of this would become moot if most business set up a model like ours - you're paid for productivity.

Then you can take the numbers and put them in front of someone and say, "THIS is why Bob got paid more than you."

Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Do people have no concept of how business runs?
No, they don't. They think that anyone is qualified to be the boss. That's why they're the boss at their company. Oh, wait...

Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm all for it, as long as the employees are willing to take the risk of loss as well.
any employee working for a business is taking the same risk as the owner.they stand to lose their livlihood if it fails just the same as the owner.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
any employee working for a business is taking the same risk as the owner.they stand to lose their livlihood if it fails just the same as the owner.
Some people may know that intellectually, but they rarely know that with their heart.
Or they wouldn't dick around as much as they do.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
LOL, I love it! Like all of you talking about lazy loser employee's who dick around & go on the internet all day are such prime examples of the perfect employee. Please.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
In many cases they would need to put their homes and life savings on the line too in order to equal the risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies