Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Disparity in birth rates coupled with immigration statistics (legal or otherwise).

It's pretty straightforward.

However, it depends what you define as "minority". Essentially, by 2050 or so everyone will be a "minority". There won't be some monolithic 70% white block like back in the day...there will be tons and tons of people with 1/4 this and 1/8 that. What's going to be really interesting is when 1/8 kids start qualifying for scholarships more often and people getting mad because of it.

I think the future of racial tension in the US is intra-minority, it's already prevalent.
I am not concerned about our racial demographics changing (legally) as I am about our culture and national language changing. However, both our demographics and culture changing via illegal immigration from mostly one ethnic group should be unacceptable to all Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
White men don't sleep with their women anymore, too busy blaming Obama and trolling the comments section of yahoo news.

They need to log off and enjoy life.

(Conservatives)
What about white liberals?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From wikipedia: Apparently today it is a 50-50 split now between Catholics who are Democrats and those who are Republicans that wasn't so not that long ago.

From the mid-19th century down to 1964 Catholics were solidly Democratic, sometimes at the 80%-90% level. The Catholics formed a core part of the New Deal Coalition, with overlapping memberships in the Church, labor unions, and big city machines, and the working class, all of which promoted liberal policy positions in domestic affairs and anti-communism during the Cold War. Since the election of a Catholic President in 1960, Catholics have split about 50-50 between the two major parties in national elections.
Funny, you couldnt provide a link one to the actual subject requsted.
I'm a recovering Catholic, from one of the most solidly Catholic areas of the Midwest.
Guess what?
Its a red state, outside of its 2 main cities, always has been.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Funny, you couldnt provide a link one to the actual subject requsted.
I'm a recovering Catholic, from one of the most solidly Catholic areas of the Midwest.
Guess what?
Its a red state, outside of its 2 main cities, always has been.
What? You asked to see stats where I claimed that most Catholics were Democrats and I provided one for you. Initially most Catholics were Democrats that trend has changed I guess in recent years but it is still a 50-50 split. I am not Catholic so I don't know what your point is here. Someone in here claimed that most Christians are Republicans without even backing it up.

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-02-2013 at 08:03 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am not concerned about our racial demographics changing (legally) as I am about our culture and national language changing. However, both our demographics and culture changing via illegal immigration from mostly one ethnic group should be unacceptable to all Americans.

I am concerned about illegal immigration but mostly from an economic standpoint, I do not see the benefit to American society of allowing millions of the world's poor to settle and have 7 kids in our borders while we're simultaneously trying to alleviate poverty and increase opportunity among our own population.

It's a treadmill cycle of poverty, and we will never eradicate it while our numbers increase exponentially via importation of poverty. That model worked in 1903 when we didn't have universal ed, WIC, foodstamps, Section 8, medicaid.....not in 2013 where we have a moral imperative to those within our borders.

In America, however, the only color that matters in the end is GREEN - which is why illegal immigration is a fuel for the fires of business interests and "minority-politics" special interests.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Well, white people will live in white neighborhoods, and black in black neighborhoods. So it doesn't matter.
Really? I'm the only black person in my neighborhood, and there aren't many whites either.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The birth rate of Whites is lower than that of other minorities currently in the US.
Hispanics have the highest birth rate.

In Texas more than 50% of school age children are Hispanic.
Show me some numbers, Bob.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Disparity in birth rates coupled with immigration statistics (legal or otherwise).

It's pretty straightforward.

However, it depends what you define as "minority". Essentially, by 2050 or so everyone will be a "minority". There won't be some monolithic 70% white block like back in the day..
Kind of my point. It would seem as if all other races are to be counted as one in an effort to claim a white minority.

How frickin' racist is that?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The real problem isn't whether or not there will be white people or a white majority. It is how the changing demographics will affect the culture of America.

Look at it like this, would America be better off if half the population was fundamentalist Muslims? I hate to break it to you but what many call the black culture(maybe better called the ghetto culture), is a culture of violence, oversexualization, irresponsibility, and entitlement. That culture is already changing America, for the worse.

The primary reason one country is successful, and another country is not, is because of culture. If people who are coming from failed nations bring their culture to America, then America is doomed. It is not about the color of their skin, it is culture.

With that said, I do always find something interesting. While minorities tend to sometimes talk as if they are some monolithic group. They really aren't. As a general rule, Asians hate blacks, Asians hate Mexicans, Blacks hate Asians, Blacks hate Mexicans, and so on and so forth. The reality is that, although all the minorities might complain about how terrible white people are. They absolutely love white people in comparison to how they feel about each other.

Whites are the most trusted race in survey - YouTube

Traditional western civilization and culture is just superior to other cultures. You may not want to hear it, but its true. East Asians have the most similar culture to western culture. But Asians tend to be far too collectivist, which has historically held them back as a culture. Individualism in the west produced capitalism. The old "protestant work ethic" is also a central cause of the west's rise.

Protestant work ethic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LMFAO ROTF, you have got to be kidding. You have no idea what black culture is. What you just tried to describe was the culture of music in the African American community and you even failed at that. Culture as a whole includes far more than music.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Maybe there's hope after all!

Meh. Half the nation is fundamentalist Christians. Half the nation hangs on every word that drops from Limbaugh's fat lips. Half the nation thinks that cats are better than dogs. We wouldn't even notice the Muslim crowd - probably just send them off to pick kumquats or something.

You LOVE displaying your racist outlook to us. Get honest, already. Besides, what would America be without Motown and hip hop, not to mention professional sports teams? Boring, that's what. I'll keep the Atlanta Braves. You can have the ku klux klan.

Yeah, like the way the Irish brought the potato famine to Idaho. You can't find a decent spud in the supermarket today for love or money. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the Scandinavians had to show up and bring all that snow and cold weather to Minnesota. Then the Navajo came along and flooded the Southwest with those hand woven rugs with weird designs in them. Oh, wait. The Navajo were here first. Never mind.

Cuz white people are so cool and they just love EVERYONE! How on earth could some uppity minority not just love white folks right back?

Nah, it just produced cowboys who rode off into the sunset. You need to spend more time watching re-runs of "Gun Smoke" and less time counting up all the people who don't look like you.

This is America, remember? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses longing to be free." The United States may not be good enough for you, but the rest of us are trying to give this being "one nation under god" thing a try. If you don't like it, go back to Mozambique.
Oh shoot, I repped ya way too early. Should have waited for this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies