Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM

168 posts, read 335,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
ND has placed enough restrictions and closed down enough facilities that abortion is unavailable to the vast majority of residents.

Please do tell how North Dakota has closed down facilities...
There has only ever been one abortion clinic in the entire state of North Dakota and its located in Fargo. I live in Fargo and I drove by the abortion clinic today, its still there and its still open. Please stop spreading lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
LOL, It's like trying to have a rational conversation with a teenager.. it just doesn't happen. Lack of common sense, making decisions based on emotion that's all this post does. These new laws makes the poster feel better , like someone is actually doing something.
I'd hate to see what their thoughts are on concealed carry...
And someone can still purchase one of these scary weapons legally even after all that fluffy bunny waste of time.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He would have had to stop to re-load if he had used pistols.
I have 30 round magazines for my Glock 27, which fires bullets nearly twice the diameter of the .223 Lanza used.

The amount of time needed for someone practiced to swap a magazine in a pistol is measured in tenths of a second.

ElleFail.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I have 30 round magazines for my Glock 27, which fires bullets nearly twice the diameter of the .223 Lanza used.

The amount of time needed for someone practiced to swap a magazine in a pistol is measured in tenths of a second.

ElleFail.
You can get 30 rounders for the G27 ? I thought just the 9mm G26. I must find some !!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
...respond and DO something...
There's the money shot.

It doesn't matter if what they do is effective, as long as they "do something."

Typical.

Quote:
In reality he got the weapons from his mother's arsenal
Wrong. In reality, the mother broke the law and straw purchased those weapons FOR him. The gun safe was kept in his room. The guns were hung on the walls in his room. They were HIS guns, which were purchased for him ILLEGALLY by his mother. EXISTING laws were already broken in order to facilitate this tragedy. What makes you think that MORE laws will stop it from happening again?

Your efforts should be focused on mental health issues and enforcement of existing laws. Screaming for more laws will change nothing. At all. Ever. Maybe you'll feel better about yourself, but when the next massacre takes place, I'll be pointing at YOU to place blame, because YOU didn't demand that people "do something" that would actually have made a difference.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
...a high-capacity assault weapon that allowed him to shoot 155 rounds in 5 minutes.
Yo! Elle! I've already told you - as have others - in another thread that I/we can match that pace with a five shot revolver:

So stop pretending to be so damn ignorant of the facts. You KNOW that your argument above is NULL and VOID. Come up with a better one.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm sure the resident gun fondlers can tell me the Constitutional and patriotic necessity of all this in Adam Lanza's home.

This Graphic Of Adam Lanza's Home Arsenal Is Devastating
That's it? I'm not into knives or swords, but as far as the gun related items in that graphic go, it's really not much of an "arsenal."

Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You can get 30 rounders for the G27 ? I thought just the 9mm G26. I must find some !!
Scherer Mag Glock 22 23 24 27 35 40 S&W 29-Round Polymer Black

It's a 29 rd mag, not 30. My bad. Probably could add a +1 ext to it, though. Midway has discontinued them - don't know if Scherer is still around. I've never been able to find a website for them.

ETA: Here you go. http://glockparts.com/manufacturersp....aspx?MANF=148

Last edited by swagger; 04-02-2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LOGIC
Of the two extremes : [] disarmed populace versus [] fully armed populace, which one would experience the least amount of attacks on one's person or property?
If a predator had a choice, which one would he prefer?
If you were about to become a victim, which one would you prefer?

Weapons are not dangerous - people are dangerous, with or without weaponry. A weapon may augment a weaker man's defense against attack by a stronger man. Or a weapon in the hands of the stronger will vanquish the weaker.
The original reason for government was mutual defense of person and property. When government was infiltrated by predators it transformed into a persecutor of people and a taker of their property.
If you feel that disarming the people under those conditions will enhance security, I will respectfully disagree.
You can't come into a thread and spew that kind of logic, reason and common sense? What the hell kind of forum do you think this is?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Scherer Mag Glock 22 23 24 27 35 40 S&W 29-Round Polymer Black

It's a 29 rd mag, not 30. My bad. Probably could add a +1 ext to it, though. Midway has discontinued them - don't know if Scherer is still around. I've never been able to find a website for them.

ETA: Here you go. GlockParts.com - Manfucaturer Products - Scherer
Thanks ! I will have to pick up a couple if available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies