Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The sad state of America.
The sad state of education in New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 02:51 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Umm, yes you did. Here's your post from like three minutes ago:
That could've been better stated, I admit, but that part wasn't directly stated towards you.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The freaks of nature, will always be culled one way or another.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And with a decent amount of travelers, it would be less likely that people would know their gay, correct?
And a small number of locals would be irrelevant to their success.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Two words

Market analysis

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seriously, you don't know what goes on in the kitchen in most restaurants. I've heard of cooks spitting on food, waiters sampling a dish, dropping things and putting them back on plates....and worse. The fact the owners are gay wouldn't be an issue for me. What is an issue for me is I know that if you tick off the cook or a waiter, you don't know what you're eating. Some cooks react badly to a dish being sent back.
Without saying too much here, your exactly right. Don't ever **** of the cooks or waiters for that matter. They will get even.

When you send your food back because you feel it is not hot enough, oh that is not good. There are very good professional ethic cooks and waiters out there.

But there are many, willing to get even with your food, for the dumbest of reasons. Inexpensive or expensive really makes no difference once you **** off a cook or waiter. I was told old boy what goes on when a customer pisses off a cook or waiter.

Knew a fine cook in a very fancy restaurant, that years and years ago, warned me of what goes on in the kitchen, food is droped, i won't even repeat what i was told. Lets say, this is why i am a very good creative cook. I trust my own cooking, and know i will do nothing to sabotage the food i cook.

I am not going to say all cooks and all waiters, because there are many decent professional ones out there. But just as many whacko ones out there. What i now do, is frequent restaurants where i can see what is going on in the kitchen and the food being prepared.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But, they're a GAY OWNED BUSINESS!

They're guaranteed success!
That is what see as a problem. I have no problem with gay rights at all. However, I often see some that want to support gays demaning that others that do not like that lifestyle to support them or else they are hateful, not necessarily. They are in the same class as those that have their extreme views agains homosexuality.
In the end society is the one that as a whole will agree/support what we we want. Look at the guy from Chick-fill-a. He made his views known against homosexuality and despite the uproar from people his restaurants ended up having more business from people that support his right to express his views. People can institute all the laws they want and the Supreme Court can rule all the want but in the end it is where the rubber meets the road where people will do what they want.
The solution? Time. In my generation high school kids would never be free to express their sexual orientation as they do today. The next generation will be be more accepting and on and on. More and more states are accepting because more and more people are supporting also. Take care.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So?

Isn't Manitoba in a free country?
Using Dale's brilliant (as usual) logic, had anyone in a foreign land criticized the United States for its acceptance of slavery, it would not have been any of their justifiable concern.

Gosh I wish Dale didn't have me on ignore.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Gays, blacks and leftie women have built in failure excuses.

It's never them....it's racism, homophobia and misogynist's.
And righties blame everything on "liberalism," poor people, gays/minorities, and some fictional "war on Christianity" - so I guess it's even!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Using Dale's brilliant (as usual) logic, had anyone in a foreign land criticized the United States for its acceptance of slavery, it would not have been any of their justifiable concern.

Gosh I wish Dale didn't have me on ignore.
All countries had slavery back then,I am sick of people comparing slavery to every other social issue that comes up freaking stand on your own convictions and don't steal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies