Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Translation you are limiting the transfer and use of the property, thus its CONFISCATED BY ADVERSE POSSESSION..
Wrong.
confiscate - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
She removed the ban from the bill because they lying democrats have a midterm to think about (much more important than their lies about caring about children) and would get taken to the woodshed like they did in '94 if they passed another gun ban.
She removed the ban from the bill because she said she'd resubmit it as an amendment which re-attaches it to the bill later.

Liberal translation, it doesnt exist because it wont pass into law
Conservative translation, it does exist, its just not attached

Liberalism a mental disorder.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dark View Post
Specifically the six most vulnerable Senate Ds (or open seats) are in states with strong gun culture: Arkansas, Louisiana, Alaska, West Virginia, South Dakota and North Carolina.
The "gun culture" really has nothing to do with it. The number of households with guns has declined since the 1970s, but the number of guns has increased. Therefore, it is gun freaks that are driving the gun purchases. There aren't that many gun freaks.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM

I used the wrong term, its inverse condemnation

Inverse Condemnation definition

It is a term used in the law of Property where the Government has made such a strict rules and regulation for ones property that it is practically not useable for any reasonable use. The onwer of such property has the right to claim compansation from the government

Now you're going to tell me that passing laws limiting the use and transfer of guns, dont limit their use and transfer, right?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Then why are they scared to vote on it if this minimal amount of "gun freaks" are nothing to worry about? Maybe because people don't like their rights granted in the Constitution trampled on by the government? No matter what right. They are all equal in my eyes.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then why are they scared to vote on it if this minimal amount of "gun freaks" are nothing to worry about? Maybe because people don't like their rights granted in the Constitution trampled on by the government? No matter what right. They are all equal in my eyes.
It has nothing to do with the constitution. I already explained why they're scared to vote on it. Actually, that's the wrong word. They aren't scared. They just don't need to vote on it.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I used the wrong term, its inverse condemnation

Inverse Condemnation definition

It is a term used in the law of Property where the Government has made such a strict rules and regulation for ones property that it is practically not useable for any reasonable use. The onwer of such property has the right to claim compansation from the government

Now you're going to tell me that passing laws limiting the use and transfer of guns, dont limit their use and transfer, right?
Tell me, if you can, without hyperventilating. If it becomes illegal for anyone to purchase a certain gun, then why in the hell would it not also be illegal to sell that gun -- private sale or otherwise?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I will note, this topic was not about guns. Yes, I realize how it got on that track and I will note that it was a bad idea as all that does is allow those into the conversation that have no desire to add anything but name calling.

So OP, again, do you have any rebuttal to the mainstream/left leaning/government employee noting that this is something being discussed?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Tell me, if you can, without hyperventilating. If it becomes illegal for anyone to purchase a certain gun, then why in the hell would it not also be illegal to sell that gun -- private sale or otherwise?
You tell me if you cant sell a gun that you JUST SAID IS ILLEGAL, then what the hell are you supposed to do with it other than throw it away, and if you are now telling me that you have to throw it away, how did they not just take it?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
You tell me if you cant sell a gun that you JUST SAID IS ILLEGAL, then what the hell are you supposed to do with it other than throw it away, and if you are now telling me that you have to throw it away, how did they not just take it?
But why would you need to sell it? The other option would be to simply keep the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies