Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,354,132 times

Advertisements

I think all religious groups are fringe and should be completely ignored.
That is, until such a time as they try to force their beliefs on others.
At that point, they need to be dealt with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,517,686 times
Evangelicals are rather extreme, in their way--but then, so is the Army, in its way.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 AM

5,999 posts, read 3,751,594 times
If you think about it, there really is very little distinction from the far right wing Christian evangelicals and their Islamic counterparts in the Middle East. They both harbor the overwhelming desire to force others to live according to their beliefs, sometimes violently in the face of noncompliance. The only difference is that the Islamists operate in a friendly theocratic government allowing them to run their respective countries as they see fit. We all know how that turned out don't we?

The Christian evangelicals' goal is to establish a similar system here but with Christianity as the dominant religion. Fortunately the founding fathers had enough foresight to structure the government in a way that would make this impossible and guarantee the freedom to choose or reject religion altogether. What the evangelicals just can't seem to grasp is that the picture of Jesus hanging in a public school hall, though completely harmless and benign in most situations, is a dangerous step toward a society where no one is free.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,143,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
One Army presenter makes a dumb placard and the world goes nuts.
Agreed. It's one idiot's opinion.

Quote:
how did the freaking Mormans make the list? The most subversive thing I've encounter with a Mormon is a knock on my door.
The Mormons who've knocked on your door were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (headquartered in Salt Lake City). That's not the group that appeared on his list. It was the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That's Warren Jeffs' group. Similar name, different group entirely.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,576,636 times
Default Pressure by Obama? US Army lists Christianity as religious extremists

Pressure By Obama? US Army Lists Christianity As Religious Extremism

What do you think about this? Is Obama getting back at Christians who do not support his Obamacare? Anyone who disagrees with him is the enemy.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,413,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Pressure By Obama? US Army Lists Christianity As Religious Extremism

What do you think about this? Is Obama getting back at Christians who do not support his Obamacare? Anyone who disagrees with him is the enemy.
This is from a right wing blogger who has sourced other right-wing sources, such as Front Page Magazine, run by that former leftist David Horowitz, who loves to rail against so-called "leftist doctrination in universities and other conspiracy theories. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 PM

1,127 posts, read 906,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This is from a right wing blogger who has sourced other right-wing sources, such as Front Page Magazine, run by that former leftist David Horowitz, who loves to rail against so-called "leftist doctrination in universities and other conspiracy theories. I'd take this with a grain of salt.
As soon as I saw the source I knew something was fishy. I'm sure I can find a website that says aliens from Mars are living amongst us.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 PM

688 posts, read 654,223 times
Your article is from "The Reagan Coalition."

*/end thread/*

Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM

1,127 posts, read 906,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Your article is from "The Reagan Coalition."

*/end thread/*
Lunatic blogs are not good sources?? LOL

I want to know what does Alex Jones have to say on the topic

Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,576,636 times
Default Well what website you believe---here are many

Ask.com - What's Your Question?

They all say it happened. Which one would you find credible and why are so many saying it if it isn't true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies