Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,918,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
He was not the most qualified applicant then. If he was already acting then he must not have done a good job. So he gets passed over because he was not the most qualified and now people let him play victim He gets tax payer money. Why not just give the job to the most qualified person
In order to be deemed "most qualified", you have to be interviewed.....

Something she was not....

ToolCountry strikes again.....what is this like your 5th screen name in 3 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 07:39 PM

524 posts, read 400,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
This board has taught me something:

Trayvon Martin's parents file a wrongful death suit, and they're just gold diggers trying to cash in on their son's death.
This guy files a suit alleging discrimination because he didn't get the job he thought he should, and he's celebrated.

It’s not the same situation at all. If you really want to look at it, that boy hadn’t even been in the ground for three weeks when his mother started to trademark his name and popular slogans that people were using to gain attention to profit. She took her son’s death, made it into a business plan, and never looked back.

“Sybrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton, 46, is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.
The March 21 USPTO applications, each of which cost $325, were filed by an Orlando, Florida law firm representing Fulton, whose first name is spelled "Sabrina" in the trademark records.”

Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

ToolCountry strikes again.....what is this like your 5th screen name in 3 years?
Not necessarily...I was never interviewed for the position I'm in now, besides a quick 'phone hello' to officially offer me the position. My references, resume and reputation were apparently enough to get me not only hired, but actively headhunted by more than one company.

Perhaps she was in the same situation?

Old 04-06-2013, 07:48 PM

136 posts, read 305,350 times
Anyone who has ever worked in government knows this is par for the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-06-2013, 07:52 PM

524 posts, read 400,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not necessarily...I was never interviewed for the position I'm in now, besides a quick 'phone hello' to officially offer me the position. My references, resume and reputation were apparently enough to get me not only hired, but actively headhunted by more than one company.

Perhaps she was in the same situation?

This is true. In both of the articles that I read the only stated that she never "interviewed". But let us take that away and it would still render a discrimination lawsuit. The fact does not change that the decision to hire her was at least partially due to her sex and race.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
This is true. In both of the articles that I read the only stated that she never "interviewed". But let us take that away and it would still render a discrimination lawsuit. The fact does not change that the decision to hire her was at least partially due to her sex and race.
I read the article and all I got out of it was that he was angry that a black woman was considered 'more qualified' than he was. If I knew more about the woman, maybe my opinion would change...was she more qualified?

Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM

155 posts, read 110,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

What? I have no idea who you are talking about. He was not qualified apparently.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinivedivichi View Post
Anyone who has ever worked in government knows this is par for the course.
Absolutely right. It's why in USPS you have 25% black workers, when they represent only about 12% of the US population. Yes, it IS par for the course.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM

155 posts, read 110,693 times
The right ones get put where they need to be. If you are not qaulified dont whine about it.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
What? I have no idea who you are talking about. He was not qualified apparently.
He won TWO suits, so yes, he was more qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies