Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Conservatives get slammed for not being inclusive When they make attempts to become more inclusive they get slammed again.
yup. case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
No, they are mostly pandering to their own base for self assurance that the party isn't filled with older racists. It's no different than the classic, "I'm no racist because I have a black friend, but..."
not including blacks='racist'

including blacks='racist'

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Because we care about them and want them to have great Jobs, live in a great country and become all they were created to become.
I did all that without joining the Republican party...it was fairly easy too.

You "care" about us? Since when? If that's what caring looks like, I'd prefer your indifference.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Watch Hannity's panel last night with all of the black conservatives. It's getting to a pander level.
and your problem with this is what? Is it so hard to accept there are conservative blacks and they may want to be heard? I did not watch it, I was watching the basketball pre game and then the game, I rarely watch Hannity, but I see nothing wrong with a group of black, white, Hispanic, Muslim or any other panel members being on any show...

Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I did all that without joining the Republican party...it was fairly easy too.
Actually desertdetroiter, good for you. You have a better understanding then most, meaning that you are democrat but you understand that you do not need a party to succeed. I, myself do not believe in all this class warfare or accusations of racism. It does nothing to help every day Americans. Regardless of political party, gender, color, we all want the same thing so why do liberals feel they need to use divisive propaganda? Why can't they see us as people who want to work, want a good life. Some people are willing to do what it takes, others failed or are not willing and want to blame others. I don't care who you are, we all have roadblocks in life, it is how you deal with those road blocks that matter.

Last edited by petch751; 04-09-2013 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,248,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Watch Hannity's panel last night with all of the black conservatives. It's getting to a pander level.
One would think that the GOP should pander to the 47%.
It's why Rubio might be their front guy for the Hispanic vote.

But, knowing the GOP, it'll be the re-branded, new and improved GOP packaging on the outside only, same old stuff inside though.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,735 times
Here's my thing:

1.) I am an independent.

2.) I think it is insulting that you guys keep referring to blacks that vote democratically as stupid, brainwashed, uniformed, or seeking handouts.
3.) I also think it is insulting that you guys only think that the black conservatives are the educated ones.
4.) I know the history of both parties and I know that there was an essential switch midway between the 60s. Do you know why?
5.) Have you considered that maybe it's not exactly your fiscal policy or hell even your social policy that are keeping many voters away? Have you considered that maybe it has to do with some of your supporters. Take this thread as an example.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
One would think that the GOP should pander to the 47%.
It's why Rubio might be their front guy for the Hispanic vote.

But, knowing the GOP, it'll be the re-branded, new and improved GOP packaging on the outside only, same old stuff inside though.
And you do not consider telling you that they will put you back in chains or vote with you're lady parts, that is fear mongering. How about julia, we will take care of you from cradle to grave? Throw grandma over the cliff? Nah, that's not pandering or fear mongering.

I do think obama's fear mongering is coming back to bite him though. Taxes went up on everyone and Obama ran around the country on sequestration fear mongering campaign and yes employers listened, last month they only hired 88,000.

So how is the 14% black unemployment rate working for you?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Here's my thing:

1.) I am an independent.

2.) I think it is insulting that you guys keep referring to blacks that vote democratically as stupid, brainwashed, uniformed, or seeking handouts.
3.) I also think it is insulting that you guys only think that the black conservatives are the educated ones.
4.) I know the history of both parties and I know that there was an essential switch midway between the 60s. Do you know why?
5.) Have you considered that maybe it's not exactly your fiscal policy or hell even your social policy that are keeping many voters away? Have you considered that maybe it has to do with some of your supporters. Take this thread as an example.
huh? I guess I am not following you at all: of course it has to do with issues. and what does this have to do with Hannity or anyone else having blacks on their panel or on their show? BTW, not all of us, by any means keep saying any group votes solely because of one issue but there are a lot who do vote with their pocket books.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,248,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And you do not consider telling you that they will put you back in chains or vote with you're lady parts, that is fear mongering. How about julia, we will take care of you from cradle to grave? Throw grandma over the cliff? Nah, that's not pandering or fear mongering.

I do think obama's fear mongering is coming back to bite him though. Taxes went up on everyone and Obama ran around the country on sequestration fear mongering campaign and yes employers listened, last month they only hired 88,000.

So how is the 14% black unemployment rate working for you?
Two words.
Ryan budget.

Now, that's real fear.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:20 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,516,153 times
[quote=Maabus1999;29048407]Let's start with the most famous one. J. Strom Thurmond??????? if you want a list I can provide a huge one.

This is a sarcastic joke post I'm assuming now. If not... When the Civil Rights Act was signed by Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat, almost all of the Southern Democrats switched to the Republican party and began shapping the modern GOP party:

[quote]

Actually, very few elected officials switched parties. Democrats want us to believe the people in their party that were opposed to civil rights switched to the party that supported civil rights because the switchers would find a home there? lols. Makes as much sense as lug nuts on a donut.

Why would racists leave the racist party for the non-racist party?

And Democrats held the Southern states in most offices except the Presidency until the early 2000s. This idea that the South switched parties in 1964 is a lie.

And look at Census Data. Millions of people left the South from the 1960s-2000s to go North and West. The ones that left happened to be Democrats. At the same time millions of people from the North moved South. The majority of which were Republicans. That explains the decades long switch. It has nothing to do with the Civil Rights Act.

Again, why would racists leave the racist party for the non-racist party? Because that's the nonsense you believe.

But don't let facts get in the way of your emotions. A good liberal never does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies