Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,328,454 times

Advertisements

Can someone please clear this up for me?

I have been told that If you are a men's rights advocate you are sexist, but if you are a women's rights advocate you are about equality. Explain, please.

Also, I have heard that feminists are working on men's rights issues, and by men's rights groups working on it too, they are somehow derailing their progress. But, I have yet to see any feminist group working or standing up for men's rights.

Why are feminists so against men's rights advocacy groups?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Ah, the "I've been told" meme.

Surprise, another troll thread.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:20 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,658,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post

I have been told that If you are a men's rights advocate you are sexist, but if you are a women's rights advocate you are about equality. Explain, please.

Also, I have heard that feminists are working on men's rights issues, and by men's rights groups working on it too, they are somehow derailing their progress. But, I have yet to see any feminist group working or standing up for men's rights.

I don't know of any feminists who are against men's rights. So, maybe what you "have been told" is incorrect.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM

36,577 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
Quote:

Which men's rights advocate groups. Can you list specific names. And can you tell me exactly which men's rights issues we are talking about?

And which feminists or feminist organizations are or are not working on men's rights issues. You say feminists ARE working on men's issues, then you say you have yet to see any feminist organization stand up for men's issues. By default specific groups usually advocate for their specific cause.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah, the "I've been told" meme.

Surprise, another troll thread.

This isn't a troll thread and your comment proves that what I am saying is true. Anyone who suggests men have equal rights issues as well is just a troll who is trying to derail the equality train.

Someone I was friends with told me that because I support equality for men and women so long as it doesn't violate the 14th Amendment, that I was mysoginistic and a rape apologist.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know of any feminists who are against men's rights. So, maybe what you "have been told" is incorrect.
Feminists are against any and all MRA's.

The video below contains strong language.
Examople: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80

If you stand up for men's rights you are a bad person. If you disagree with feminists for any reason, you are a fascist. How is only allowing feminists have a voice on gender equality not fascist?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,336,724 times
Quote:

Clear what up? What feminists? What mens' rights groups? What are you talking about?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
This isn't a troll thread and your comment proves that what I am saying is true. Anyone who suggests men have equal rights issues as well is just a troll who is trying to derail the equality train.

Someone I was friends with told me that because I support equality for men and women so long as it doesn't violate the 14th Amendment, that I was mysoginistic and a rape apologist.
Because feminists and mainstream society doesn't want men to have a voice for them. And everything to feminists (and females in general) is trolling and "misogynistic".

I saw the recent events that occurred and it clear that feminism is female supremacist hate group. If things don't go their way or if men address issues, they throw a fit and cause a riot, attacking anyone who speaks the truth.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
Feminists are against any and all MRA's.

The video below contains strong language.
Examople: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80

If you stand up for men's rights you are a bad person. If you disagree with feminists for any reason, you are a fascist. How is only allowing feminists have a voice on gender equality not fascist?
Political correctness has gone too far. I watched the video. The guys siding with feminism are also part of the problem.

Feminists and mainstream society are against single straight men, MRAs, and MGTOW.

Last edited by West of Encino; 04-09-2013 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
What are the men's rights issues that they're trying to advocate for?

Honestly--when I've met people who say they're involved in the men's rights movement, it's usually because they have supervised visitation with their kids because they have a history of domestic violence or child abuse (usually with multiple partners if it's spousal abuse, and always with accompanying medical records and police reports for those incidents--with the kids or with her--if they're having visitation issues) but they claim they've been framed by a number of evil conniving women. Uh huh...

If there's more to it to then that, I'll listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies