Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You forget that Trayvon was a teenage Negro male with a hoodie.

Some of you do not understand how much fear that strikes into so many white people. For many of them, it's the scariest thing they could ever conceive.
Yes....which is why the racists and trolls on here and beyond continue to defend a man and an action that is undefendable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,889,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I honestly don't understand how anyone, even G. Zimmerman's mother, could think that a trial isn't appropriate for this situation.
I must have missed the part in this letter where Mrs. Zimmerman expresses empathy for the Martin family and what THEY have suffered in this whole tragedy.

Not. One. Word. Unbelievable.

Mrs. Zimmerman ends with this:

"Pray also that an injustice such as this is never again allowed to occur within our great nation."

We do, Ma'am, we do. And your son's conviction will be a good step in that direction.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:45 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes....which is why the racists and trolls on here and beyond continue to defend a man and an action that is undefendable.
Most of the whites willing to admit their fears on this count have been women.

This is a serious question: Are right-wingers inclined towards their political philosophy as a consequence of their pathological cowardice? Have you ever encountered any creatures as fearful of so many things as right-wing males? I know I haven't.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,445,024 times
Quote:
Don't worry. She'll soon be visiting her sweet little Georgie in prison.
Probably not.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Most of the whites willing to admit their fears on this count have been women.

This is a serious question: Are right-wingers inclined towards their political philosophy as a consequence of their pathological cowardice? Have you ever encountered any creatures as fearful of so many things as right-wing males? I know I haven't.
So true. They are especially fearful of their own shadows, being that they're dark and all.......

Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,089 times
Quote:
So true. They are especially fearful of their own shadows, being that they're dark and all.......
I've even heard them, when asked who exactly they fear enough to have to hoard weapons, respond with "anyone." Their lives are driven by fear.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,559,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I must have missed the part in this letter where Mrs. Zimmerman expresses empathy for the Martin family and what THEY have suffered in this whole tragedy.

"Pray also that an injustice such as this is never again allowed to occur within our great nation."

We do, Ma'am, we do. And your son's conviction will be a good step in that direction.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Just like her dopey son, who also never expressed a word of regret, and called his shooting of Trayvon a "life changing event". The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,055,311 times
If Zimmerman is found guilty do you guys think we can get a day off of work for National Trayvon Martin day?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,825,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Zimmerman followed Martin in a menacing fashion. Martin had no idea who this guy was, Martin had no idea why this guy was following him.

I know I would have not been happy if some jackass stranger was following me around for no good reason. I bet you wouldn't like it either.

Would someone following either you or me give either of us the right to lawfully attack that person? Who violated the law?

I have followed people in my neighborhood when I lived in Topeka. One of them, at 2:30 in the morning, walked out of a house carrying a tv (older crt style 25"=27" BIG tv). When the screen door closed loudly behind him it must have woke the owner, the person who lived there. I followed this person to the apartment building he carried it into, then waited outside for the police to show up.

I followed a couple others who I strongly suspected of beating up someone. First I yelled at them as I was heading over to where they were, then helped the assaulted person up before aggressively following the assailants to the house they went into. Once again called the police and waited for them.

In both of the cases above, I did nothing illegal. Yet had the CRIMINALS decided to attack me, it seems you would defend them because I decided to follow them. Responses like yours cause people to just say, heck... I'm not going to get involved because STUPID people will ask why they were doing the RIGHT THING by trying to make sure their neighborhood is safe.

It makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies