Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 PM

486 posts, read 863,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Well come on over to Indiana if your tired of endless Taxation.
Personally I believe Mike Pence is doing a decent job but im not going to grade him until the end of the year.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...elief-Hoosiers
It pays to have a balanced budget
Quote:
I watch Michigan politics very closely and ironically having a balanced budget makes Snyder a moron?
oh please.
Snyder even said it himself most of his ideas came from former Indiana governor Mitch Daniels. He is well liked by our state and when I look at Snyder's record I see him as Mitch Daniels #2.
Also this thread belongs on the political forum cause there is no way you can talk about governors without mentioning politics.
Agree

Quote:
Hahahahhahahha I agree.
I also watch Illinois politics closely and I actually like Pat Quinn cause he benefits Indiana.
His policies are destroying Illinois but hey ill take it. More business and people for Indiana
Quote:
Well come on over to Indiana your 2nd amendment rights wont be violated here.
Plus our taxes/cost of living is lower and our economy is stronger.
Indiana is the Texas of the north and job creation has been our governors #1 priority since he took office. Hence why he wants to cut the income tax by 10%.
Indiana's balanced budget has been leading to lower taxes for everyone.
yep. come over to Indiana home of Mitch Daniels Bush's budget director, guy who leased the toll road
to get a quick buck, the guy who now is President of Purdue (was appointed by the board & he appointed
8 out of the 10 board members who appointed him) & the guy who cut funding for schools, including higher
education. Now we have his buddy Pence. Since Indiana is so business friendly, where are all these jobs?
Pence wants to cut the income tax but cities and counties are trying to figure out their shrinking budgets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
He might be qualified as Daniels VP

Quote:
I love Chris Christie.
He should run in 2016 I bet New Jersey would buck the democratic trend and actually support him as a GOP President.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
He might be qualified as Daniels VP
**** that noise, we need him to stay local and keeping doing what he's doing here.

I'd like him as President but would rather have him as the Governor than being a figurehead VP at the national level.

edit: that said, I think he's too honest to win at the national level. He says what he means and means what he says, and while that goes over very well here where we're sick of corrupt politicians, and frankly the culture embraces people who can be aggressive and abrasive at times, it probably wouldn't go over well in a national election.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
The GOP has dominated the governor's office since 1987.

You have to remember how Bentley got elected in the first place. He slung the least mud in the 2010 GOP primary. At least he saved us from having Tim James as governor .

I personally dont see much difference between the Alabama Dems and the GOP. Its like having to chose between two conservative brands and wondering which will make you sick the fastest.
Then you obviously dont know us Alabama Dems. We are far different than the Republican party, that being said, we will support our D-conservative candidates that win primaries even if they do not agree with Democratic Ideology 100%

Old 04-22-2013, 08:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Tom Corbett is not doing bad, now only if we could get rid of that crazy liberal senator Bob Casey Jr. His dad was Bob" Casey, Sr the Democratic Party, Governor of Pennsylvania.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
I recieved a 250 rebate from the state of Indiana because of the effective economic policies of Gov Mitch Daniels. His first move as the President of Purdue was to freeze tuition for two years. There are now many colleges and universities following his lead. As far as jobs go look in the Indiana thread and BRG has a running update on a thread of the states job creation which recently includes a butt load of Automotive jobs and the opening of a GM transmission plant. State operates in a surplus and my kids schools are above average IMO. As good as the schools where I used to live in MI if not better. He took the lead in vouchers and charter schools and aside from all the screaming and yelling from corrupt unions the good outweighs the bad by miles. Pence was smart enough to follow Daniels lead on most of this issues. Indiana has been a well run state under Reublican Govenourship if a citizen doesnt like it they are probably on the dole or work for a corrupt union

Quote:
Originally Posted by key4lp View Post
Agree

yep. come over to Indiana home of Mitch Daniels Bush's budget director, guy who leased the toll road
to get a quick buck, the guy who now is President of Purdue (was appointed by the board & he appointed
8 out of the 10 board members who appointed him) & the guy who cut funding for schools, including higher
education. Now we have his buddy Pence. Since Indiana is so business friendly, where are all these jobs?
Pence wants to cut the income tax but cities and counties are trying to figure out their shrinking budgets.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
NH's Governor Maggie Hassan is from Exeter--a mecca for Mass Liberals fleeing the mess they made of their state. True to form, Hassan has pretty much done her best to destroy what was left of NH fiscal responsibility and freedom. She's led the charge and repealed pretty much every law passed by the Republicans that were trying to fix the mess the liberals had made.

Maggie Hassan gets an F- for her performance.

NH goes on with reckless overspending, made-up revenue figures and costs estimated at a tiny fraction of even the normal government underestimates. Taxes and fees (and NH government is VERY creative) continue to skyrocket, and businesses in NH continue to go bankrupt or just leave. Native NH residents in the lower half of the state would love to leave, but can't find buyers that will pay the insane property taxes here (on top of high real estate price and tons of inventory). My small road of about 12 houses has had 3 for sale for the last 2 years, and they were priced well under what the present owners paid. I feel horrible for those people (and my family), watching their savings be confiscated in chunks of $14,000 a year to a town that doesn't even provide trash service.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 AM

486 posts, read 863,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I recieved a 250 rebate from the state of Indiana because of the effective economic policies of Gov Mitch Daniels. His first move as the President of Purdue was to freeze tuition for two years. There are now many colleges and universities following his lead. As far as jobs go look in the Indiana thread and BRG has a running update on a thread of the states job creation which recently includes a butt load of Automotive jobs and the opening of a GM transmission plant. State operates in a surplus and my kids schools are above average IMO. As good as the schools where I used to live in MI if not better. He took the lead in vouchers and charter schools and aside from all the screaming and yelling from corrupt unions the good outweighs the bad by miles. Pence was smart enough to follow Daniels lead on most of this issues. Indiana has been a well run state under Reublican Govenourship if a citizen doesnt like it they are probably on the dole or work for a corrupt union
$250.00? There is something called a savings account. Keep that rebate in the fund or use it for
roads, schools (K-college) because 250.00 isn't going to make a significant difference in my pocket book.
The Automotive jobs of the GM plant was due to the President helping Chrysler & GM who
paid the money back. So those 1,100 jobs, in Kokomo, were a result of Pres. Obama.
The voucher program and charter schools allows public funding to religious schools and the evidence
that they are more effective is still being studied. It is just another way to destroy the public
school system. Yes, those horrible unions and those greedy teachers. Why should anyone with
years of experience & a masters degree expect to be treated and paid like a professional?
And since you brought up schools, what made Daniel's an expert in education? Has he ever
taught in any classroom? Let's see how professors will react as to accountability in the classroom
which he is intending to do.
BTW this writer is not on the dole or a union member.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Jan Brewer is still a pathetic dope.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
We are stuck until 2016 with democratic Jay Nixon. He is always trying to brag about how he working to bring jobs in the State, but when Harley-Davidson wanted to meet with him (and this meeting had been scheduled by Nixon 6 months earlier!!!) for a "Breakfast for Jobs", he instead went to the State Fair, which was ironic it twice as far away from Jefferson City as Columbia where the meeting was held. Harley was wanting to add another plant to the Claycomo (Northern Kansas City area) facility along with supplier plants that they promised to start at least $16 an hour in their plant and $13 in supplier plants. In addition if the gov. would have shown up, Harley had ALREADY bought the ground for a second NEW plant in St. Clair , Mo, over the hill 300 yards from me! I could have walked to work if hired! In fact it would have been faster than taking the road all the way around (7 mile trip in heavy traffic). The Harley people were going to surprise Nixon with this second plant. But when he didn't show up and 7 Governors from other States did, Missouri got NONE of the almost 6500 new jobs directly related to the plant in KC and of course not even in the game for the 1200 jobs by me. I heard Iowa and Kansas got all of those jobs and 0 people in Missouri got hired at those new plants. Yeah, our Gov. sucks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies