Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times

Advertisements

Obama is only 1/2 black, and yet it is almost never mentioned that this is the case.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Obama is only 1/2 black, and yet it is almost never mentioned that this is the case.
You just mentioned it...others have too...he has also. Obama is Half Black...see I just did.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest338 View Post
If anthropologists are correct, then everyone descended from common ancestors millions of years ago from the savannahs of Africa....most likely black. So, one drop...we'd all be black.
Anthropologists are split on the validity of "The Eve Theory" you describe: "the Eve Theory remains just that – a theory with proponents and critics." Ancient Digger Archaeology: Monday Ground Up: Evolution of Culture, Genetic Anthropology, and the “Eve Theory”

Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Complete nonsense. It's the majority white government that keeps it alive.

Multiracial no longer boxed in by the Census - USATODAY.com

The government isn't doing it: it is the populace, and mostly the black populace at that. I didn't hear anyone but blacks laugh and scoff when Tiger Woods claimed he was black, white and Asian as opposed to just black. Only black people (and not all, I might add) believe this stupidity.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-tragedy-farce

Old 04-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
OP made a point, and the travon nuts don't like it.
If a blonde, blue eyed white kid shot Zimmerman, it would be the same scenario.
In that situation Z would automatically be black, or at the very least a poor, beat down minority. We'd even get to see his elementary school pictures, courtesy of the media.
Black on black, or white on white murder, nobody cares about that.

I would give you a rep but I gave you to many already. I agree 100%. The same people who insist on the one drop rule being valid are the same people claiming Zimmerman is a "racist white man." If Zimmerman is a "racist white man" then please call Obama a "failure of a white man" and be consistent.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Are you kidding me? It is not only African people who have dark skin in this world. The fact that there are other people who are lighter doesn't make the darker person "black."
I have yet to see a Native American with skin that dark. Australian Native? New Guinean? Negrito? (from Asia) maybe, but no one native to the New World is that dark. And his family even says he has black in him, so that ends the story.

Quote:
And so what that his home was racially integrated? At the end of the day, his great-grandfather was still Latino like him. That doesn't mean that he doesnt harbor prejudice again African-Americans.

Ah, what race is "latino"? There are black people all up and down Latin America if you haven't noticed, as well as whites.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, obvi, you can be both black and Hispanic. Hispanic itself is a mixture of AmerInd and white. Zimmerman himself identified as Hispanic.

Okay, and Tiger Woods identifies himself as multiracial, so why do black people always try to claim him? Or, for that matter, why do black people try to claim anyone with any black ancestry who they like or at least are neutral towards even when they insist they are not black?

If you are going to claim Tiger Woods and Alexander Dumas, then you also must claim George Zimmerman. Simple as that.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The most common definition of "Hispanic" at least here in Colorado, is someone with white and AmerInd ancestry. Mitt Romney does not fit that definition (that I know of).

"Hispanic" is the governments way of including mixed race people without including them and angering certain blacks. Pope Francis is Hispanic, and he is as white as Miss Iceland.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:56 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
I consider the one drop rule accurate when someone resembles being part black. He does not look a bit black it, or mixed with it.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

He was a black Peruvian, as black as black gets.

HUM, can't tell from the pick if GZ's GF is black....I think he is actually an Native American??????

Anyways, we MUST have justice for the Skittlesbandit...........NO JUSTICE = NO PEACE!!!!!!!

Last edited by tickyul; 04-14-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies