Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:36 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times

Advertisements

In engineering terms, his consumption of the entire cake is called a "closed-loop system". In the same way you use a plastic garbage bag to throw away the packaging that held the plastic bags you bought, a few bites of pot cake will induce you to eat more pot cake.

The circle of life my friends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That's not funny. There are professional bakers of pot product. The fist thing they do is cook up a "butter" . The butter is then used to bake the cookies or the cake or what ever. I have seen people how have literally gotten sick from pot over doses. They did not have a good time. No one can gage how much THC is contained the product. With new powerful strains of pot available you are really taking your chances ingesting pot baked goods. The cop who at this probably thought he was going to die...it was not a pleasant experience I am sure.
I'm hoping whoever baked the cake wasn't expecting a pig(non pun intended)to snarf the entire thing down in one sitting.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And eating an entire cake is gluttonous.

When he entered the hospital he was pot-bellied.

The forensic evidence was all over the place, which belied his crime.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No, with lacing the cake with illegal drugs.... Do you not get that no one has the right to do this? NO ONE has the right to put drugs into someone's food, no matter how much or little they happen to eat, without their knowledge. No one else has the right to choose what goes into our bodies but us. You do not know how drugs may affect another person. That you think putting drugs into your body is ok is your choice but you don't get to make that choice for someone else.

It sounds like the drug made him pretty sick. I'm amazed you find this funny in the least. It's not funny.
This I agree with. Pot won't kill you, but still, you shouldn't give someone something without their knowledge.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This I agree with. Pot won't kill you, but still, you shouldn't give someone something without their knowledge.
He didn't know if the cake was for a birthday party, a bake sale or a pot luck. He just saw a cake and jammed the entire thing down his cakehole. Nobody gave him something without his knowledge.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
That will teach the fat cop to eat something that isn't his! He had to taste it. It taste like your eating cut grass.
Those prescription chocolate candy bars that come out of Cali, are hard to eat. They taste nasty.

You think his daughter is not on dads christmas list?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
Indeed...I find it hilarious...dude acts like he is gonna die from weed lol...Says he never wants to experience that again...hell I love being high,all your worries go away just lay there and zone out.
Smoking weed & eating pot brownies or cake is an entirely different high. I once ate a pot brownie a friend made. Never again. I got totally messed up, face turned gray, I was swaying as I knocked on her door for help, I ended up passing out in the doorway. She was about to call an ambulance when I finally came to. She helped me to bed & put a wet washcloth on my forehead. Seriously, I have never had that experience smoking pot. I can say in all honestly that I will never eat a pot brownie ever again.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This story is not unique. Remember this one?

Cop Eats Pot Brownies Calls 911 (Full) - YouTube

I think what happens is that they eat a little bit of the pot-cake, then munchies kick in. Since many cops out on patrol tend to get their food from 7-11, dunkin donuts, etc, they tend to be sugar junkies to begin with. So with the munchies they start chowing down like no tomorrow. Like any kid ODed on sugar they wind up with a bad tummy ache.
That call was bizarre. And can I just say, the dispatcher was a little condescending....or maybe she sounded amused, I don't know.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I'm sure you do, but (a) there are people who are allergic to cannabis -- yes really -- and (b) having psychoactive drugs administered to you without your knowledge is rather different from doing it on purpose.

I suppose you think the US Army soldiers who were given LSD without their knowledge during CIA experiments in the 1950s should just have lain back and enjoyed it.
Pot does not overdose. While it's true that some people are allergic to it, the allergy is rare.
The cop had never been stoned before, that's all. It's different than alcohol in it's effects.

I haven't smoked pot for over 40 years. I quit the stuff after some experimentation only because it made doing anything more difficult than getting off the couch much harder to accomplish. I know a bunch of completely responsible law-abiding men and women who have used pot for decades with no ill effects at all. For them it is simply an alternative to drinking beer.

There is no comparison that can be made between pot and LSD. Pot makes a person hungry and happy for a few hours, and LSD re-arranges the brain cells for a couple of days and sometimes permanently.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:50 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I would be furious if someone did this to me. They just don't have the right. I'm glad he's going to be ok. You never know how drugs he might be on might interact or what underlying conditions might be aggrevated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies