Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Even though there has been no bragging....something that has accompanied other such events...I can't help but think of jihad.
But that's easily explained since I just finished reading "Terrorist Hunter" so coincidence of the timing.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
A team of two simpletons who spent to much time on the net and were indoctrinated in hate who were victims foolish conspiracy theory and hung up on "the constitution" who imagine themselves as saviors of the nation. I believe they were just a couple of geeks who got a thrill out of killing. It's not a complex situation..They are not much different between them and those who commit mass murder with a gun. It's just another episode of violence due to American decay and confusion.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 AM

164 posts, read 197,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
A team of two simpletons who spent to much time on the net and were indoctrinated in hate who were victims foolish conspiracy theory and hung up on "the constitution" who imagine themselves as saviors of the nation. I believe they were just a couple of geeks who got a thrill out of killing. It's not a complex situation..They are not much different between them and those who commit mass murder with a gun. It's just another episode of violence due to American decay and confusion.
I'm pretty sure killing innocent bystanders is about as unconstitutional as you can get.

I'm sure real Americans appreciate the disparaging comments towards the document that allows you to say the heinous things you said.

Bombing people =/= life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Shut down another re-re.

Who is next?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Again, I doubt that anti-government types would go after the Boston Marathon, which has very little to do with the government. Those sort of people would strike a government target. It may very well be a lone wolf American, but probably with some other motive than anti-government sentiment.

Frankly, if you want to find an anti-government reactionary, I think the man who sent those deadly letters to the Senate would be a much better bet, but that's outside the scope of this thread.
That guy tipped his dumb hand when he sent bad mail to a Mississippi politician none of the rest of us ever even think about or heard of. Allowed Law Enforcement to narrow their scope quite a bit.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
I'm pretty sure killing innocent bystanders is about as unconstitutional as you can get.

I'm sure real Americans appreciate the disparaging comments towards the document that allows you to say the heinous things you said.

Bombing people =/= life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Shut down another re-re.

Who is next?
What makes you actually believe that everyone is capable of even understanding what a constitution is or what it contains? There are a lot of lugans who will parrot "the constitution" but have never read it. Don't refer to my comments as heinous. That is too strong a term. The point I was making is that you have some very unaware and stupid people in your midst. Some nuts actually believe that causing an uproar and horrific mayhem actually serves their cause of liberty and pursuit of happiness and so on. Look at the guy who walked into a temple killing Indian worshipers thinking he was killing Muslims..You have an abundance of ignorant folks...With a population of over 360 million people...the chances having a few nut bars is great...I am not denigrating America as a whole.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 AM

There are some clear photos of two guys who look middle eastern. They are being sought by authorities...NOW- these two young males have seen their OWN photos in the media...If they are innocent they should have stepped forward by now and cleared the air.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM

If the two guys shown in the photo do not come forward - it means they are hiding - which would indicate guilt. Seems simple to me.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The bomb was crude, so it's obvious it was a Timothy McVeigh tea party type
I'm guessing you haven't served in Iraq or Afghanistan.

If you think THESE IEDs are crude, you oughtta see some of the ones from the Middle East.

But I guess it makes more sense to hide them in a backpack rather than a dead dog if you're going to fly under the radar at the Boston marathon.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I have this twisted theory that the Muslims/ME terrorist use our own words to send a message. Like 911, it was America you have a emergency since that is the number we all dial when that is the case. Now by bombing the marathon I think the message is if you think you are stopping us you are in for a marathon. What do you think? does it make any sense or am I smoking to much weed?
Hey, I want some of what YOU'RE smoking.

No, actually, it makes as much sense as just about any other theory so far.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
What was the point of maiming and killing bystanders at a foot race? I don't see how this attack promotes or advances any political, environmental, or social agenda. The only people whose agenda fits senseless murders of random innocent Americans would be Islamic terrorists. Killing any American, for any reason is a good and proper thing, and advances their agenda in their eyes. Their agenda is to cause pain, death and to instill terror, and score points with their god.

It could also be some lone sociopath who just wants to hurt people, become famous, and play out some insane agenda that only exists within his own mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies