Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
We are now living in a time of unprecedented pettiness, ignorance, and stupidity in the form of Congressional Republicans. Before this country now is one of the greatest Presidents in history in Barack Obama. The President holds the high ground on EVERY issue. His vision is superior. His greatness is emphasized by his willingness to reach across the aisle to work with Republicans, yet even he has to admit that he never thought the other side would be this pathetic.

Line all the domestic issues up and the Republican positions are shameful and backwards. How did this country get stuck with a party that is the political equivalent of TOE JAM? When called upon to support positions which are no-brainers, they flounder mightily. Consider their positions.

1) Civil Rights - racism no longer exists.
2) Immigration - give us your vote, but self-deport.
3) Health care - if you get sick, die.
4) The poor - you were born that way and have inherent flaws. Live with less and get over it.
5) Gun rights - 2nd Amendment baby! Who cares if innocent people are killed by senseless acts that are on the rise.
6) Environment - only one I care about is the one that houses my profits.
7) Deficit - only care about it when a Democrat is President; Otherwise, who cares?
8) Spending - see explanation under Deficit.
9) Taxes - not on the rich. Everyone else can go to hell.
10) Dubya - he represents what we really are. Losers, so avoid discussion of him.
11) Medical research - not as important as warmongering. When Dem in office, ignore through spending cuts.
12) Technological research - see Medical research.
13) Education - see Medical research. Only the rich deserve the best education money can buy.
14) Economy - trickle-down, which has never worked and creates Recessions and Depressions.
15) Campaign finance - help the rich get Republicans elected despite atrocious ideology.
16) Medicare - get rid of. It costs too much only when a Dem is in the White House.
17) Jobs - foreign labor to maximize profits rules. Who cares if this displaces millions of qualified Americans.
18) Middle class - to hell with them.
19) Voting Rights - suppress all those who aren't fooled by our deceptive marketing.
20) Racism - it's OK, it's who we are.
21) Reality - stay away from it. Head in sand and foot in mouth is the way to be.
...so on and so forth.

It's clear, we must rid ourselves of Republicans in Congress and the Supreme Court if this country is to progress and prosper. Otherwise, stagnation prevails because of the stench they continue to represent.
Wow, I give you props for the guts to post this, considering the preponderance of members of the GOP on C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
One thing among many that amuses me about the GOP, they simultaneously call minority groups professional victims while trying to convince them the GOP loooooves them.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,499,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It's clear, we must rid ourselves of Republicans in Congress ... Otherwise, stagnation prevails because of the stench they continue to represent.
The campaign, by he President and others, to unseat members of the 'do nothing' U.S. Congress has begun. It's not likely to be successful, however, unless, as the President said yesterday, people who aren't as active and well-financed as the right-wing extremists are complacent. All politics is 'local.' My guess is that the GOP will continue to control the U.S. House, and it's likely they could gain control in the U.S. Senate. It remains an important exercise, though, to continue to speak truth to power.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,686,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ditto
when the OP refers to 0bama as "one of the greatest Presidents in history" you know we are dealing with a complete an utter..... well, I'll be nice, the content of that post is something to be discounted and ignored

Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,251,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Yet another drive-by post from A_Lexus. He should be awarded a patent.

Template for A_Lexus post:

1. bash all Republicans
2. gush over Obama as the greatest President ever
3. never offer a solution. Just complain.
4. don't come back to the thread for dialog
I think he had his desired affect on you!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The campaign, by he President and others, to unseat members of the 'do nothing' U.S. Congress has begun. It's not likely to be successful, however, unless, as the President said yesterday, people who aren't as active and well-financed as the right-wing extremists are complacent. All politics is 'local.' My guess is that the GOP will continue to control the U.S. House, and it's likely they could gain control in the U.S. Senate. It remains an important exercise, though, to continue to speak truth to power.

Again, one party firmly in control is NOT a good thing!!! You need to have those checks and balances as it keeps the powers that be in check. Well, at least it's supposed to, but quite frankly both parties IMO suck, and are one in the same! If you're for having one party in control, then you might as well scrap the way our government is set up, and have a dictatorship!!! F*** THAT!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,369,802 times
I really hope you copied that incoherent babble from somewhere else and didnt type all that...

Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,792,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, I give you props for the guts to post this, considering the preponderance of members of the GOP on C-D.
Since when has hysterical ranting taken "guts"?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Again, one party firmly in control is NOT a good thing!!! You need to have those checks and balances as it keeps the powers that be in check. Well, at least it's supposed to, but quite frankly both parties IMO suck, and are one in the same! If you're for having one party in control, then you might as well scrap the way our government is set up, and have a dictatorship!!! F*** THAT!!!!!!

Well, I don't want one party control, but when one party votes 90% in favor of an initiative and other votes 90% against, something is screwed up.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,792,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I don't want one party control, but when one party votes 90% in favor of an initiative and other votes 90% against, something is screwed up.
90% of bank guards (or more) tend to vote for keeping the money in the bank and only letting legitimate depositors and borrowers take it out.

90% of bank robbers tend to vote against it.

You're right: One of them is screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies