Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
As America starts coming apart at the seams, no doubt as a result, in large part, of the Obama campaign of divisiveness, it is obvious that the Depraved Duo, Obama and Biden, need to resign, poste haste. I implore them to do the honorable, decent thing, and submit their resignations at first light. America will thank them for finally getting something right.
You know, posts like this one are truly depressing.

The way the Right is going, spinning further and further off in their own bizarre anti-intellectual, anti-science, paranoid Christo-theocratic world view, completely divorced from reality, I'm warming up to the idea that an amicable regional splitting of the sheets, with a strong mutual defense pact, may be in everyone's best interests

Seems like we are burning a lot of calories, trying to maintain the fiction that we are, in any real sense, "united" anymore.

It won't be easy, but if we allow time for an orderly, democratic process, with all the appropriate paperwork, we could treat the separation just like a high-stakes divorce, or the dissolution of a huge corporation, where there are shared resources that need to be divvied up.

Other countries have pulled it off without bloodshed. We can too.

Face it- we just don't have that much in common anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Who does the Obama phone lady attribute the free phones to? Be a big girl and own it.

[Reporter]
You got an Obama phone?

[Obamaphone Lady]
(screaming loud) Yes! Everybody in Cleveland, low minorities, got Obama phone. Keep Obama in president, you know? He gave us a phone!

[Reporter]
He gave you a phone?

[Obamaphone Lady]
He gonna do more!

[Reporter] Source: LYBIO.net
How did he give you a phone?

[Obamaphone Lady]
You sign up. If you’re… If you on food stamps, you on Social Security, you got low income, you disability…

And those phones have put us in a trillion dollar debt to China!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,893 times
Quote:
lol, Obama had the entire main stream media campaigning for him and he still did not win by a landslide.

Did you see the Obama phone lady interview. She said that she would talk to people who were not voting and give them a phone then tell them Obama gave it to them so they should do the right thing and register and vote for Obama. There was alot of that going on this past election.

She also said that people did vote more than once. This went on all over the country

That is just one example. I wouldn't be so proud, how many of those votes were bought. How many voted more than once taking away my rights.

This past election was a farce.
5 or 6 points is a very big win. Sorry, but it is.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
I honestly don't see how the country is falling apart...? i think people who say this are just crybabies who are sad their guy didnt get elected into office so they want the country to fail.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
As someone who was alive during the JFK assassination and has seen countless acts of violence since, the immediate and simultaneous resignation of both the President and Vice President at this time would be devastating to both the US plus create global instability.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So? The Obama phone lady advertises it as an Obama phone. Keep Obama in president you know, he gave us a phone.

Wintersucks, your argument is a fail. Give it up. AND this past election was a complete and utter farce!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Can we include Congress as well?

Hopefully then all of us at CD poltics can get in and run the country.

No one here has ever taken one dime from a lobbyist or special interest right?
Didn't you follow the elections board last year?

Though I'm pretty sure the Mittbots have all found other jobs by now

Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
So? The Obama phone lady advertises it as an Obama phone. Keep Obama in president you know, he gave us a phone.

Wintersucks, your argument is a fail. Give it up.
So you're saying Obama enacted the lifeline program?

That's an interesting theory.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So you're saying Obama enacted the lifeline program?

That's an interesting theory.
hmm, re-read my post. Try to comprehend this time.

[Obama phone lady] Keep Obama in president you know, he gave us a phone.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
As America starts coming apart at the seams, no doubt as a result, in large part, of the Obama campaign of divisiveness, it is obvious that the Depraved Duo, Obama and Biden, need to resign, poste haste. I implore them to do the honorable, decent thing, and submit their resignations at first light. America will thank them for finally getting something right.
Robin, I love your threads. Why? Because they give the rest of us insight into the right-wing universe that is obviously different than the universe the rest of us live in. I feel like a scientist looking into a giant telescope at a far away planet.

We have been hearing every since President Obama was elected how he was going to destroy the country. Yet, four+ years later, the country is still here without bin Laden, with a stronger economy, with no Iraq War, with better health care regulations, etc. At the same time, people like Robin tell us that the country is so bad off the President should resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies