Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The latest report said the kid is in critical condition and may not survive his wounds.
That fate would surely be in his best interests considering his age and where he would be headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I ask this because many on the left oppose it, but what about this case?
I'm considered pretty left (but mostly pretty )

I am opposed to the death penalty ESPECIALLY for the more heinous crimes, but not for the reason that some people are. I support the idea of tiny, cramped, prison cells. Literally, someone who ends another person's life should not be able to stand in their cell....and just let them rot away for time.

Inhumane? Maybe, but when you take someone else's life you lose all your rights to be considered a human, IMO.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
I think a Chechenyan prison would be much cheaper, although it wouldn't have the amenities of a US prison. Maybe we can send him over there and let their justice system deal with him. He and his brother seemed to have an affinity for their homeland after all. And if we reimburse the Chechnyan government for a lifetime sentence there I bet it's cheaper than what it would cost to keep him incarcerated here.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:20 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
I think we should put him in a cage and display it in the oval office so Obama can poke him with a stick every now and then, he could even invite the families of the victims in to have a little fun.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I may be wrong but, I think in a Federal case that is not true. Don't really know tho. As of 2012, the Samson case was in appeal.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I ask this because many on the left oppose it, but what about this case?
I think it's a worse punishment to rot in supermax the rest of your life than get to just go to sleep as a martyr.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Feds do. And he'll be facing multiple Federal charges.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
If this cretin doesn't deserve it, who does?
See that attitude is a problem - Not to be extreme or reactionary..but does the cretin who orders and botches a surgical drone strike and kills two dozen civilians...including woman and children...does he deserve to be put to death for what he did? These two lunatics deserved to be stopped..that is a given...and they have been stopped. From a moral point of view maybe American foreign policy should be re-examined? There are people all over the world that view the AMERICANS as terrorists. The solution to this problem is not more killing..whether through capital execution or through so called war...that has yet to be defined as even being a war. The whole thing is a mess because people stopped playing by the rules.

Even the proverbial devil plays by the rules. Humanity as of late has fallen even lower than the devil...In fact humanity has become an embarrassment to Satan.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Nawh more killing is not going to help. As for the death penalty. "One can not cast out Satan with Satan" - kind of like you can't put out fire with fire...you need water. I hope this poor wretch lives. What it gets down to is this thing was a murder suicide...just more slow moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies